Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 3/23/2021 at 12:48 AM, Iguessnot said:

I think the actress is not capable of delivering  a nuanced performance.

She is because she did for a few minutes, but I am pretty sure that the director ask her to act like a clown.

I liked this episode.  I was shitting on everything for the last few years,  so yeah... No one hacked my account it is still me.  It was a filler,  Princess was annoying, it was long...  But it was different and the bits that came out from the stormtroopers (We are not bad people,  these are the procedures, you will be ok, etc...)  means that we may be finally leaving the "bad people stuff" to go forward into a different path for story telling.  I hope so.

• Love 1
On 3/22/2021 at 12:36 AM, Starchild said:

I figured early on at least some of this was going to turn out to be in her imagination, which probably caused my attention to wander a bit, because I missed whatever it was that Fake-zekiel said to her at the dramatic reveal (that it was actually her punching the guard). Anyone catch it?

He said "No one's going to hurt me anymore", followed by "Just listen and do what we say".  I don't even know what that second line is supposed to mean.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, rmontro said:

He said "No one's going to hurt me anymore", followed by "Just listen and do what we say".  I don't even know what that second line is supposed to mean.

On Talking Dead a writer said the first part and ending were "real". If so, we really have no basis to judge what the heck went on the entire episode. I don't know if the writer misspoke, but if the interrogation scene was also an hallucination, what is the basis for the "just listen and do what we say"?

I noticed the production was real sloppy with her gloves that appeared and reappeared for no reason so I thought maybe that signaled reality. So I found two clips where she's hanging off the side of the boxcar, something that supposedly didn't really happen. The gloves appeared in one and not the other, so it's just sloppiness.

Just didn't work for me. You can't make an case of claustrophobia in a long boxcar that gets tons of sunlight in the daytime. If I'm supposed to feel her trauma, show some flashbacks of a little girl banished to a garage, fearful of the next punch from her stepfather. Rewinding the same stormtrooper roundup in some fugue state made her seem like a "princess".

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, shanndee said:

I learned that the Daryl/Carol episode was actually good, and last week was actually a masterpiece...

You’re going to be beside yourself with glee this week 😆

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, heisenberg said:

I liked this episode.  I was shitting on everything for the last few years,  so yeah... No one hacked my account it is still me.  It was a filler,  Princess was annoying, it was long...  But it was different and the bits that came out from the stormtroopers (We are not bad people,  these are the procedures, you will be ok, etc...)  means that we may be finally leaving the "bad people stuff" to go forward into a different path for story telling.  I hope so.

Fear is still several years behind right? So is this stormtrooper group here supposed to be the culmination of what Virginia's group is there, I wonder?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Starchild said:

Fear is still several years behind right? So is this stormtrooper group here supposed to be the culmination of what Virginia's group is there, I wonder?

Virginia's group does not exist in the comics.  So that is a good question,  I don't think so and I hope not.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Starchild said:

Fear is currently seven and a half years behind the main show, regarding the second part, don’t forget a certain persons romance with a member of ‘the other lot’

14 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

You’re going to be beside yourself with glee this week 😆

Oh, joy of joys! I await the forthcoming episode with baited breath...and copious amounts of wine. 😉😉

• LOL 2

And this episode just underscores my frustration with the direction of the series.  They got rid of characters we knew and to varying degrees cared about.  Now we get an entire episode focused on one character who I barely remembered from over a year ago (more or less).

However, I was able to fast-forward enough that I did not lose too much time trying to watch this and figure out what was real/what was imagined.

On 3/22/2021 at 11:24 AM, icemiser69 said:

The funny thing is that this episode actually made me care about Princess.  Before this episode I didn't care at all about the character.

Same here. I was specially touched by her deep concern over Yumiko and her feeling so bad about getting her hurt. She seems like a really good person.

On 3/22/2021 at 1:20 PM, Lamima said:

See I actually liked this one better than that absurd Darryl romance.

Me too.