Type keyword(s) to search

The Bad Batch in the Media: Bad News

• Start Topic

I had been seeing/hearing that Bad Batch was going to be unceremoniously dropped because it was having issues or some such. So seeing a trailer and a fall premiere date is wild. I am looking forward to it. 

Taking some speculation to the speculation topic.

SWCE 2023: Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 3 Coming in 2024
StarWars.com Team    April 10, 2023
https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-the-bad-batch-season-3 

Spoiler

An in-room teaser trailer was shown at the end of the panel, giving fans a sneak peek at Season 3. It began with the Emperor (once again voiced by Palpatine actor Ian McDiarmid) visiting Dr. Royce Hemlock, leader of the Empire’s cloning efforts, on Mount Tantiss. “It is imperative that this facility remain secure,” Palpatine says. “Your brilliance is a great asset to this Empire.” All members of the Bad Batch appear, with Hunter addressing Omega’s capture at the hands of the Empire. “Omega’s been waiting for us. I’m not making her wait another day.” We see Omega and a sullen Crosshair, both still in Imperial custody. “I’m not giving up, Crosshair,” Omega tells him. “I won’t leave you, either. You’re my brother.” Throughout, there are glimpses of several worlds and characters, including Republic commandos, clones, Rex, plenty of giant creatures (“Why is there always a huge monster!” Wrecker asks, before dropping a thermal detonator in one’s mouth.), and Ming-Na Wen’s fan-favorite bounty hunter, Fennec Shand.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

That is indeed Ventress. With hair, no less! When I watched it the first time I recognized the voice immediately but couldn't place the name/face. I may have yelped out loud HOLY SHIT THAT'S VENTRESS! What the hell is she doing there. I'm not mad, just surprised. Not sorry to see Cad Bane or Fennec Shand either. There's a brief flash of Wolff in the trailer too. When the clone was saying "They're coming for you". As much as I'd like to see Wolff, I really want to see Cody again. Please, can we see Cody again. 

There's a bit of a controversy about Ventress's appearance because of the book Dark Disciple which is considered canon and

Spoiler

in which she dies. At the hands of Count Dooku. So.... how is she alive now?

Never read the book so don't care but the showrunners have said it does not break the canon of Dark Disciple. So who knows. 

Taking my speculation to the correct topic.

• Like 1
On 2/6/2024 at 1:53 AM, andromeda331 said:

I'm not a fan of Ventress. I prefer Bane. I agree about Cody. I want to see Cody again. I can't wait for February 21st and how they end the series. 

Yes, I want to see Rex and Cody together again.

• Like 1