Type keyword(s) to search

The Bad Speculation

• Start Topic

I figured we could use a spot to speculate where this show is headed to next. We have 16 episodes and we’ve seen almost all the trailer footage now. We are still expecting to see Rex and some fight scenes which are in the shorter trailers.

I’m guessing we’re going to see a storyline about the chips and/or Wrecker. I bet that’s where Rex and possibly Ahsoka will come into play.

Wow, I didn’t realize that, but it makes sense. Wow, I wonder if we’ll get battle scenes there. Makes you wonder if the Batch turns off chips in other clones to mount a potentially significant but ultimately unsuccessful battle there. Makes you wonder if Rex and/or Ahsoka play a part more then just telling the Bad Batch about the chips and how to turn them off.

• Love 1

So definitely getting the Empire and Crosshair on Bracca next week? Just in time for the mid-season to start. Wonder if they’ll get the chip out of Crosshair bc they know how to AND they have the tools to do it. I bet we see a spaceship chase through all of Bracca’s shipyards.

So we’re definitely going back to Kamino. With Omega and Crosshair in the same place, is she going to try to get him out of there? And is 99 going directly there too? They’re struggling with just the four of them, they need help if they’re going to actually rescue Omega and hopefully Crosshair. Hunter is going to be a clone to be reckoned with-leaving behind two members of the 99 now.

I definitely don’t want them to kill Crosshair off now-I want to see him living with what happened to him. What a great redemption story for him. I hate sacrifice plays.

At some point Rex leaves the rebellion. What if its the slaughter of more clones at Kamino? Maybe 99 hatches a plan to try and save Omega and Crosshair, recruits Rex’s rebel cell but its a massive loss?

I can’t imagine one taking the loss of Omega lightly, but I also can’t imagine them in any shape to mount a rescue either. At least, a rescue by themselves.

1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

I can’t imagine one taking the loss of Omega lightly, but I also can’t imagine them in any shape to mount a rescue either. At least, a rescue by themselves.

If only they knew someone with Jedi skills...

• Love 1

Filoni modelled Mando on For A Few Dollars More; unfortunately, Batchers are approaching The Wild Bunch territory...

Maybe getting slaughtered is what solidifies the Rebellion. 

(edited)

If there is no plan for Season 2, The Batch dies in a blaze of glory.. Omega and Cid will get a Casablanca spinoff where Rebel & Empire deserters warily co-exist in the second most wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1

This show could go so many different ways. Everyone could die. The Batch could be captured one by one. They could reach out to so many people for help. Makes me wonder how long the finale would be-long like the premiere or short like all the other episodes.

My bet would have been the Batch being captured one by one, with Omega being the last girl standing. I would have guesses a trade between Omega and Rampart, but he hates the clones. He wants the Batch working for him so that theory is out the window.

Echo could reach out to Rex for help. I would love something like Rebels were a throw away episode had something in it that was key to rescuing Hunter. Shand would probably help the Batch if she was paid. The Martinez sisters seemed to like Omega. The Syndullas are busy with their planet. So many open threads with everyone they helped…

Could we get big cameos too? Vader? Ahsoka? Maul? Mandalorians? In the universe’s smallest galaxy, anything is possible in finales right?

2 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Could we get big cameos too? Vader? Ahsoka? Maul? Mandalorians? In the universe’s smallest galaxy, anything is possible in finales right?

Agree that anything is possible, but there ARE smaller Galaxies out there...

hwg.jpg

Edited by wknt3
10 hours ago, paigow said:

Rex has problems of his own... He called The Batch for help...

But Rex could put them in contact with someone who could help. Probably not Ahsoka, maybe Wolffe? Saw?

I'd love to see Ahsoka but it seems doubtful although a Jedi would come in handy. But I think that's exactly why we won't see her (or Obi-Wan for that matter) - this show is not about the Force and Force wielders. Reaching out to someone they helped along the season makes more sense even though most of these folks are probably not too keen on taking on the Empire. Cad Bane and Fenec Shand might be willing if the payment is okay - which makes me wonder if the bounty on Omega is still active. Other than that only Saw comes to mind.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, paigow said:

What kind of cliffhanger is coming? Rex & Gregor have guaranteed plot armour. Cid & her henchmen do not. Nala Se might hijack a transport and rescue The Batch.

I’m wondering if Nala Se still gets her hands on Omega. Now that the Prime Minster is out of the way, she can go back to experiments and not worry about Omega being killed. Maybe we’ll see Shand again with a cliffhanging kidnapping at the end of the episode.

I’m wondering if we get a storyline where Crosshair still has the chip, they get it out and Crosshair still leaves them because he knows they didn’t come back for him. I wondered if Crosshair and Shand join forces at some point because of her impressive long distance shooting skills. 

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I wondered if Crosshair and Shand join forces at some point because of her impressive long distance shooting skills. 

Mandalorian canon confirms that Fennec was an assassin for numerous crime lords- including Jabba - before the Rebellion. Maybe Crosshair was her partner for a while... ETA: before she got tired of sharing contracts and killed him

Edited by paigow
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, paigow said:

Mandalorian canon confirms that Fennec was an assassin for numerous criminal gangs including Jabba before the Rebellion. Maybe Crosshair was her partner for a while...

I bet he does. The Kiner Brothers who wrote the music for the show tweeted near the release of the show that they were working on the finale music and it was making them cry. What’s more heart wrenching then Crosshair choosing to leave his brothers because they left him?

But I also wonder if Echo has one robotic foot out the door too-he seems ready to fight with Rex, especially after rescuing Gregor. What if the Batch fractures and next season is about bringing everyone back together?

I was close-Crosshair did choose the Empire over the squad. I’m glad no one died. Anyone up for season two speculation?

There was an interview where Jen Corbett admits Crosshair didn’t have his chip anymore and it should be pretty obvious when that happens. I’m guessing it was after his bout with the Venator’s engine. The Syndulla arc showed he was different, he didn’t kill Howser for his turncoat choice.

I’m speculating he’ll get a Kallus storyline, where he finally realizes the Empire doesn’t care for him, along with a couple of storylines where he butts up against 99, where they show they still care. I hope they actually show Crosshair with the Empire next season, unlike this season where we’re told his chip was removed by the writers and didn’t actually see it.

I’m also hoping we see 99 finally join the rebellion. It would be kinda cool to see a different side of the rebellion. In Rebels, Tarkin talked about how other cells of the Rebellion were killing during their attacks-unlike the crew of the Ghost who tended to stun more when they were on Lothal. It would be interesting to see the start of the rebellion with Rex and Gregor. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, paigow said:

The Batch gets involved with Rogue One prequel events... maybe set up a tangential connection to Cassian Andor live action series

That’s what I was thinking too. Cassian would be really young right? I think he said in Rogue One all he’s ever known is war and being a spy. Makes me wonder if his parents were involved in the rebellion too. Man, when I watched Rebels I really thought we were going to see the Battle of Scarif but wouldn’t it be wild if 99 was there and that’s why we don’t see them later? I kinda hope they don’t, bc just like Rebels, I like seeing other rebellion battles. On the other hand…I do like seeing animated moments on the shows.

Wonder if we’ll get any time jumps. I hope we don’t next season, but maybe eventually see a jump to age Omega a bit or get us closer to the Andor/Rebels timeline. 

• Love 1

The trailer for season 2 dropped which means I have to start speculating. So, not sure if this is valid but there is some talk that that is Cody with Crosshair at the 33 second mark. (And 44 seconds and 47) If that's Cody....that's going to be tough to watch. Crosshair was a dick prior to Order 66--he picked fights with the regs pretty often. But Cody was not like that. Cody knows Crosshair--he called the Batch in during the Clone Wars. Seeing Cody perhaps confront Echo and maybe even Rex? Hurts my heart. But hey, Rampart is back so that should be interesting. He's a pretty good villain--cold, calculating, and while he'll kill and destroy to achieve ends, he rarely gets his hands dirty. Seeing him shooting a blaster was interesting. And lastly, with the helmet on, Omega looks a lot like Boba. Which, she should, I guess it's just easier for me to see without her hair.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, frenchtoast said:

And lastly, with the helmet on, Omega looks a lot like Boba. Which, she should, I guess it's just easier for me to see without her hair.

I remember how often I winced during the first season seeing Omega without helmet or armour. And now that she's got one I'm not happy either because I don't like the design. Can't please some folks.

I think it would be interesting to see Cody with Crosshair. There‘s lots of speculation of what happened to Cody after Order 66. I figured we might eventually see Crosshair get back to the Bad Batch, Cody might help with that. I thought Cody’s story might go similar to Howzer’s-thinking he’s doing the right thing with the Empire but realizing he‘s wrong. Or not at all. I like the idea of Crosshair gaining a buddy.

I like Omega in gear. It makes sense, she wants to be one of the team, and they’re all geared up. For how much Ezra Bridger in Rebels had rotating gear, I hope we get there eventually for Omega.

I hope this trailer is just from the front of the season like last season’s trailer was. I hope they have some good surprises up their sleeves.

With the new trailer out, there's at least something to speculate about. I saw a theory that Tech is one of those dark trooper--like the clone that killed himself while being questioned by Rex in the Coruscant arc from last season. We see and hear one in the trailer but it sure doesn't sound like Tech. But if he is one of those, for lack of a better term, dark clone troopers, it could essentially be like Bucky/Winter Soldier. Which...I kind of hope not. There's already a whole bunch of stuff that has to be addressed this season: rescuing Omega, rescuing Crosshair, what that hell Hemlock is doing on Tantis, and what happens with the clones. And that final one we know is going to be, nothing good! 

Seeing Bane and Shand in the trailer makes me hope one of them is going after Cid. I mean, honestly, if we never hear or see her again, I'm fine with that. There's so much other stuff that I want to see handled, Cid can just drop off entirely. But, if there's a side plot where she's in trouble with Bane. I'm not going to feel bad about it. 

• Like 3

Hunter & Wrecker will land on Tantiss finding almost no opposition because most troopers are away hunting Omega & Crosshair. They will meet Emerie for a convenient exposition segment that she might or might not survive.

Final episode- those 3 cadet clones will become Batch 2.0

• Like 1

I have a bad feeling we're not going to get the reunion with Hunter and Wrecker in the next episode. I wonder if  it'll be the episode with Cad Bane, Fennec Shand and Asajj Ventress. Interestingly, Boba is a bounty hunter right now. AND he's worked with Ventress. It would be interesting if in this galaxy wide search for Omega he crosses paths were her. It wouldn't be that far fetched and they've already gotten Daniel Logan to voice young clones. 

Still, I want to see in the next episode Hunter and Wrecker meet up with Omega and Crosshair. I was surprised they escaped in the third episode, but if they hold back this reunion I'm going to be....disappointed. 

7 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

Still, I want to see in the next episode Hunter and Wrecker meet up with Omega and Crosshair.

The only way that could work is meeting on the Island.... Hunter is going to drop off the cadets and Omega remembered those jump coordinates... 

19 hours ago, paigow said:

The only way that could work is meeting on the Island.... Hunter is going to drop off the cadets and Omega remembered those jump coordinates... 

They don't necessarily have to meet up at Pabu. She knows the com channels--she gave the info to Hera. She said to Crosshair that they could contact Wrecker and Hunter from the crashed shuttle. Crosshair was able to send a message to the Marauder from Tantiss as well.  There is a way to make contact to arrange a meet up. I just think it's going to be drawn out and won't happen next episode. 

57 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

I just don't see a happy ending for many characters.

Yeah, I don't see any happy ending possible. Even if Hunter and Wrecker are able to find a place the Empire won't touch them, there are still thousands if not millions of Clones that won't be as lucky. 

• Like 1
On 2/27/2024 at 1:18 PM, frenchtoast said:

Yeah, I don't see any happy ending possible. 

Any happy ending is temporary... another sequel is always on the way to kill someone... 

Tantiss might be end of the road for all the clones - except a few - in a Wild Bunch finale that fails to prevent Hemlock escaping with critical data... 

Heading into the last two episodes and I'm so sad it's ending. I started watching Clone Wars with my son when it was airing on Cartoon Network. And while Tales of the Jedi and Empire sort of fill that animation role, this is last of the Clone Wars story. And I'm feeling it. I'm glad for the new live action shows, but I really liked this era for the stories. 

Anyway. Speculation. We got a lot of Crosshair in Season 3. I have a feeling he will do the final act of redemption and sacrifice himself. I saw somewhere that Kallus was a great redemption arc because he actually lived and did the work and earned the trust. I guess Crosshair dying would fill both of those criteria. I'm glad we got that story. But like Tech getting the shine in Season 2, Crosshair seems to be filling the role of sacrificing for the team this season.

I also don't think we're getting anything more on the clone assassin, CX2. Which is a shame since he got quite the focus. And I don't think we're going to find out any more about what happened with Wolffe or Cody which I'm really bummed about. Especially Cody. I know Rex is a favorite, but Cody was always my favorite. Even if Rampart just drops that he had Cody killed, just something. And I don't think Hemlock or Nala Se will die either, because we're in the era of nothing good happens for our heroes. Emerie might though.  It's only going to get worse from here. I think there's going to be a lot left on the table, which makes me wish we had another season. Or a new show. 

(What if by removing the pain from their armor it is a sign of  transitioning to a new show!?! No. No I will not get my hopes for that.)

With all that said, as much as I enjoyed this show overall, in some ways it seems like a wasted opportunity. I think it's because I wanted a Clone Wars story with the Clones and I didn't get that. I can't fault the show for that but it still feels a bit disappointing. My son (who is an adult now) wanted the A-Team in the Empire and we didn't get that either. And that would have been a great path for them to take. We got what we got and I was glad to spend some time in the very beginnings of the Empire. It just could have been more.

(Sorry for the novel)

• Applause 1