Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: I’m Triggered

• Start Topic

Oof. That Hillbilly sister plot was so new and creative. and thankfully short lived. The story with the abusive (step) father is really shit. Georgia is the obvious target for her sister's long harbored anger, but only blaming your 16 year old sister with a baby who can barely make ends meet seems like the easy option.

And the PI dating the resident Stanford Blatch.

I don't feel Ginny and Hunter at all.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Another Abby tidbit from my rewatch. In this episode she casually mentions that both her parents are therapists. Yikes. Abby could be in her own, slightly more serious show, and that actress could carry it. 

I did like Hunter trolling Ginny about her John Mayer obsession. The actor had a good time with it, looked like.

Maxine is fun to watch but she would be the most exhausting friend ever. 

I actually like Maddie (Georgia’s sister). They could have gone lazy, one-dimensional intruder from the past, but she’s actually quite funny, has an interesting turn of phrase that’s like Georgia’s but not exactly, and the actress is good.

Spoiler

I actually can’t remember what happens with Maddie later, I think she ends up with pretty shitty motives? But she’s entertaining in this episode.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 2/27/2021 at 3:55 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Ginny and Hunter have no chemistry at all. They are both attractive but nothing...

Still making my way through the episodes and I have to co-sign this a hundred percent. And it sucks because it'd be nice if a show with a teenage girl showed her picking the "nice guy" over the asshole or as Georgia called him, "a Shawn Hunter wannabe". But damn, couldn't they have found a better option?

Plus on a shallow level, I don't find Hunter attractive at all, so that's not helping with the no chemistry between him and Ginny. Nice guy and he's definitely who Ginny should choose since Marcus is a Grade A dickwad but lordy, those two are just dullsville. And Hunter's "romantic" big moments are actually just cringe for me. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Hunter is pretty boring. He felt like a plot contrivance to be different from Hunter, the show’s designated bad boy with a good heart.

12 hours ago, deaja said:

Hunter is pretty boring. He felt like a plot contrivance to be different from Hunter

I too get Hunter and Marcus’s names mixed up a lot. Which is weird because they’re not really similar names. Maybe Marcus just looks more like a Hunter and vice versa. 

13 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Plus on a shallow level, I don't find Hunter attractive at all

I think he’s attractive when his hair is down. The shave/rooster pony look just pulls all the focus from his nice eyes/smile.

Spoiler

He’s also fairly ... dynamic? When he’s pushing back on Ginny about the fact that she’s not the only biracial person in the school, or in their relationship. The rest of the time, he’s just vanilla nice guy.

8 hours ago, kieyra said:

I too get Hunter and Marcus’s names mixed up a lot. Which is weird because they’re not really similar names. Maybe Marcus just looks more like a Hunter and vice versa. 

The show did compare Marcus to Shawn Hunter which probably didn't help for me to keep their names apart.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Sara Weinglass (Max) is like the cutest person ever.  She's like the third from the factory that made Leighton Meester and Katie Findlay.  She is cute cute cute.

It's so hard for me to read negativity on Hunter when it's already so rare that Asian men or even half Asian men get to be love interests on American television.  I'm so happy about the actor, personally.

• Love 2

Everyone on this show is constantly staring at each other and asking each other if they're okay.  Is this normal?  My friends and family are pretty self absorbed I think because I don't remember this happening a lot.  Then again I've barely been in the same room with anyone for over a year, so.

• Love 1
On 1/12/2023 at 11:58 AM, mmecorday said:

The actor playing Hunter reminds me so much of BD Wong.

I laughed out loud when Georgia said she'd like to introduce her sister, but she's currently unconscious. (This is the reason I don't day drink.)

Good point about Hunter/Wong.  I don't think they look alike at all,  but the earnestness is the exact same. 

• Like 1