Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: In Too Deep

preeya
  • Start Topic

After Danny witnesses a drive-by shooting, he butts head with the detective assigned to the case and a childhood friend of Jamie's is convinced that she has singlehandedly solved a cold case murder.

That  "friend" of Jamie's was really OVER THE TOP. 

Anyone else think the writer's have given the characters different personalities this season?

Danny has mellowed, Frank is a hard-ass, the three musketeers are Frank's lackeys, the dinner table seems forced, etc.

• Love 4

Regarding Danny's potential future "love life", Is it just me, or:

1) Did some of the comments between Danny and Baez -particularly in the hallway at the precinct-seem more "chummy" than "partnery"??

2) That said, did the rapport between Danny and  female lead detective on the shooting case seem to warm up as the case went on? (Almost like a "Hallmark Holiday Special" movie - at first the antagonize each other, but at the  end.....)

Am I reaching, or do these things set up an internal conflict for Danny?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, preeya said:

the dinner table seems forced, etc.

Maybe it's the pandemic, maybe it's a change in the writing, but I am liking the dinner scenes more.  They seem to be more upbeat and lively. 

2 hours ago, MDL said:

1) Did some of the comments between Danny and Baez -particularly in the hallway at the precinct-seem more "chummy" than "partnery"??

I know there are some people that want them to be an item but considering they have Jamie and Eddie, what's the point?  

Jamie's friend had a Kristen Wiig vibe which to me, is grating. 

• Love 1

As mentioned in the comments for the last episode as something Frank should be sorry about, he mentioned Eddie's partner that he didn't treat well in the past and gave her another chance, then he gave another chance to that detective turned pawn shop owner. I don't know if that made sense in this case, as that guy was quite angry and had a huge chip on his shoulder. I would be afraid he would take it out on someone on the job or his fellow police officers/detectives

Jamie's old friend was definitely over the top and kind of loony (which everyone commented on so it wasn't just us), but she also seemed pretty smart, plus she pegged the bad guy, when Jamie and Anthony just assumed he was telling the truth about the wheelchair

Also, as I saw in that thread about things that bug us, Selleck does seem to be breathing harder and moving more poorly. People have commented on a hip replacement and arthritis. I'm wondering if Selleck will consider packing it in within a season or two

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Also, as I saw in that thread about things that bug us, Selleck does seem to be breathing harder and moving more poorly. People have commented on a hip replacement and arthritis. I'm wondering if Selleck will consider packing it in within a season or two

I noticed that also, especially when he made the in person visit to the pawn shop. He walked very gingerly toward the counter and then, [although it was out of sight], sat on something to converse with the ex-cop/proprietor.

22 minutes ago, preeya said:

I noticed that also, especially when he made the in person visit to the pawn shop. He walked very gingerly toward the counter and then, [although it was out of sight], sat on something to converse with the ex-cop/proprietor.

I didn't quite notice the walking, but I did notice he pulled out a stool, which I thought was a little unusual for being at a counter

• Love 1

I thought it was bizarre that the podcast chick would be so disappointed over not getting to interview the bad guy, and that she totally missed the forest from the proverbial trees. You mean to tell me she helped solve crimes where there were six victims, and she wouldn't want to talk on her podcast about how she solved this? That doesn't even make any sense!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, DanaK said:

Earlier on Friday, I watched the 1980s version of Magnum PI, so I was noticing how much older Tom Selleck seemed now, but I figured it was just because I had just seen him as a young man, and people age over a 40 year time span. If anyone is a fan of Magnum PI, I highly reccomend watching an episode of that series and then watching an episode of Blue Bloods

1 hour ago, Sassyone said:

I thought it was bizarre that the podcast chick would be so disappointed over not getting to interview the bad guy, and that she totally missed the forest from the proverbial trees. You mean to tell me she helped solve crimes where there were six victims, and she wouldn't want to talk on her podcast about how she solved this? That doesn't even make any sense!

I agree. That part didn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't she be able to say he was arrested? Would she be able to get a copy of the arrest report or some type of document in the public record that she could read from during the podcast, and then post a link to on her podcast's website/social media page? There was a resolution to the case, so she should be able to talk about that on her podcast.  

• Love 3

I think she was annoyed that she wouldn't be getting an interview with him so she'd get more attention for her podcast. An interview would've been an easier way to fill time compared to her having to talk about the case herself which would be more work.

• Love 2
On 2/13/2021 at 12:46 PM, DanaK said:

Well, he is 75! Still handsome as ever, too. I noticed several season's back that he is mostly sitting behind the desk, sitting at the dinner table, kitchen table, living room chair, etc.... he doesn't walk much at all and that's been going on for quite some time. 

• Love 1
On 2/13/2021 at 11:46 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I agree. That part didn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't she be able to say he was arrested? Would she be able to get a copy of the arrest report or some type of document in the public record that she could read from during the podcast, and then post a link to on her podcast's website/social media page? There was a resolution to the case, so she should be able to talk about that on her podcast.  

I was surprised that she didn't start bugging Jamie (or Anthony or Erin) to come on her show.  She seemed like the type to play the whole 'you owe me' angle.

there are over-the-top people out there and Jamie is unfailingly polite to everyone, but they don't seem like the types that would actually be friends.

• Love 1