Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Super Six

• Start Topic

I don't watch Jersey Shore.  So out of the three actors mentioned on the show, I only knew Mike "The Situation" since he was on DWTS.  Based on that, I knew that hammerhead wasn't him.  Hammerhead is not a dancer but he did do some party dancing and seemed coordinated enough.  The Situation is stiff as a board.  He was strong so he was good at lifting Karina over his head but that's about it.  Hammerhead was funny and didn't take himself seriously so I did like that.

Yes, the tulip is MacKenzie.  She moves like her instead of her sister, Maddie.  The judges need to quit guessing Simone for the tulip and Cotton Candy especially the latter.  Simone is a lot more muscular in the shoulders and legs than either one.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

The judges need to quit guessing Simone for the tulip and Cotton Candy especially the latter.  Simone is a lot more muscular in the shoulders and legs than either one.

ITA - anyone who even casually watches gymnastics would recognize that Simone has a completely different body size and shape than Tulip and Cotton Candy.

Even without being able to see his face, Hammerhead seemed like he was having fun in his dances even though there wasn't too much actual dancing. He was the right choice to go tonight. I'm guessing the Zebra will be be the next one eliminated. Whoops, or Exotic Bird who I completely forgot about until now.

I'm really interested in finding out who the Sloth is - he pulled a double pirouette!

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm really interested in finding out who the Sloth is - he pulled a double pirouette!

Maks still fits for the Sloth.  He won Season 18 with Meryl Davis.  So the 18 with stars clue matches.

ETA - He said that he wants to switch up different dance styles.  I hope we get to see him do ballroom before he's eliminated.  I agree with you that zebra or exotic bird should be next to go.

Edited by realdancemom
2 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Maks still fits for the Sloth.  He won Season 18 with Meryl Davis.  So the 18 with stars clue matches.

ETA - He said that he wants to switch up different dance styles.  I hope we get to see him do ballroom before he's eliminated.  I agree with you that zebra or exotic bird should be next to go.

So much about Sloth's mannerisms during the "feedback" portion are Maks. Also, that belly is there to throw you off. He has a kid. And he's "away from his family" because they are from Russia. He totally lives in LA, Ashley just didn't ask what she thought she asked.

I'm happy hammerhead was Vinny. I don't know the cast of that show well, but I know he's essentially the nicest one. So, again, relieved to root for him. (I had the same relief when Elizabeth Smart was not Megyn Kelly)

1 minute ago, Toonces464 said:

Absolutely positively 100% Maks. Of this I am sure!

Oh, that fan kick didn't hurt him one bit! That training was a PRO. It's Maks.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

This show is so bad!  Love the Masked Singer but dancers can’t dance in these costumes.  It’s just beyond awkward.

What actually annoys me most about this show, and takes away from my enjoyment of it, is that as is typical of FOX shows, half the routines are spent panning to the audience and the judges making exaggerated faces and gestures. It's passable for Masked Singer because you can still hear them singing when the camera isn't on them. But you can't see the dancers dancing. And since at least half of each routine the camera isn't on them, it kind of defeats the purpose of the show.

I'll honestly be surprised if this is renewed for a second season.

• Love 6

I actually don't know why they need the fake audience reaction shots for this show. I guess for TMS you could argue they've always been there, so they're trying to make the show look like it's always looked. But like you say, this is a dancing show. We don't need shots of an audience looking amazed that someone can dance. They didn't have an audience for DWTS this last season and it was fine. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Phishbulb said:

I actually don't know why they need the fake audience reaction shots for this show. I guess for TMS you could argue they've always been there, so they're trying to make the show look like it's always looked. But like you say, this is a dancing show. We don't need shots of an audience looking amazed that someone can dance. They didn't have an audience for DWTS this last season and it was fine. 

ITA - it doesn't add anything to the show to cut away to shocked faces. It annoys me when shows do this with a real audience but it doubly annoys me when they're doing this and it's totally fake!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

half the routines are spent panning to the audience and the judges making exaggerated faces and gestures.

I finally removed this show from my Tivo. It's been torture for me, not bad dancing, the cameramen work.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

ITA - it doesn't add anything to the show to cut away to shocked faces. It annoys me when shows do this with a real audience but it doubly annoys me when they're doing this and it's totally fake!

I agree with everyone.  It's really annoying since these shots were from MS or some other Fox show.

• Love 2