Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Spilling Secrets

zoey1996
  • Start Topic

Eddie and her partner, Officer Rachel Witten, are heralded for their bravery for stopping an active shooter, until a civilian comes forward to accuse them of faking the incident as part of a government conspiracy. Also, a visit from Frank's tax accountant reveals a clue to a secret Henry's been keeping, Sean's locker at school is vandalized, and Danny and Baez solve a murder case.

Overall, decent show.  The suspect brothers were way over the top, but I did not suspect the banker, so nice twist IMHO.  Conspiracy theories abound.  It's mind-boggling, what people will believe even when it defies all logic. Good ol' Henry, of course he had a good reason for disbursing the money. Good for Sean for solving his own case, even when he jumped to the wrong conclusion at first. Glad he and his (girl) friend will eventually make up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoey1996 said:

Eddie and her partner, Officer Rachel Witten, are heralded for their bravery for stopping an active shooter, until a civilian comes forward to accuse them of faking the incident as part of a government conspiracy. Also, a visit from Frank's tax accountant reveals a clue to a secret Henry's been keeping, Sean's locker at school is vandalized, and Danny and Baez solve a murder case.

Overall, decent show.  The suspect brothers were way over the top, but I did not suspect the banker, so nice twist IMHO.  Conspiracy theories abound.  It's mind-boggling, what people will believe even when it defies all logic. Good ol' Henry, of course he had a good reason for disbursing the money. Good for Sean for solving his own case, even when he jumped to the wrong conclusion at first. Glad he and his (girl) friend will eventually make up.

The older looked really old for age.  The dead was 58 and the older son looked like early 50's to me.  Could have used a different actor.

Good episode overall, though I think we could have done without a 4th story (Sean's). I guess we didn't find out who is currently picking up Henry's checks in that post office box; I wonder if we ever will. The story of the dead woman's conspiracy ranting Dad was sad; he just couldn't accept that she was dead. There are way too many of these conspiracy nuts in real life and too many harass the survivors

Also, Abigail probably should go back to being a full on detective. I don't understand why a detective would be used as a glorified receptionist and assistant to the Commissioner

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Good episode overall, though I think we could have done without a 4th story (Sean's). I guess we didn't find out who is currently picking up Henry's checks in that post office box; I wonder if we ever will. The story of the dead woman's conspiracy ranting Dad was sad; he just couldn't accept that she was dead. There are way too many of these conspiracy nuts in real life and too many harass the survivors

Also, Abigail probably should go back to being a full on detective. I don't understand why a detective would be used as a glorified receptionist and assistant to the Commissioner

I think Sean got a story only because Erin and Jamie seemed to have the episode off aside from a very brief dinner appearance. 

• Love 1

I actually liked Sean’s, and Eddie & Rachel’s stories much more than Danny/Baez and Frank/Henry. I’m still advocating for three stories max per episode.  The Frank/Henry story was so subtle that if your attention was taken elsewhere, you missed the reveal. 

I agree that the banker as murderer in the Danny/Baez storyline was an excellent twist, and those scenes were edited very well. The sons were a bit OTT, which kept me less engaged in that story. 

I’ve enjoyed Lauren Patten as Officer Rachel Witten since the character was introduced a few seasons ago. Eddie is my least favorite character but I enjoy their partnership and Vanessa Ray and Lauren Patten have excellent chemistry. The restaurant scene where the conspiracy theorist dad goes berserk was shot in my neighborhood at a very small Italian restaurant. The camera angles made it look bigger than it is!

The resolution of Sean’s story was satisfying in that he didn’t cut off his friend completely, but told her he’d see her again some time later. It’s rare to see a measured reaction on television. It’s usually a “I hate you -we’re done” scene, but this one seemed more forgiving but not sweeping the betrayal under the rug. 

Good episode.   I’m still enjoying Season 11 more than Season 10.

• Love 3

I liked the Sean got a storyline and was pleased with how it went until we got to the conversation with the teacher. The teacher scene was just so poorly written and over the top. Trying to make people who believe in crisis actors sympathetic individuls bothered me. Normally, the people who beleive in crisis actors are not people directly impacted by the tragedy but people on the outside who want to deny that the event occured. 

For an episode with 4 storylines, they did a great job of giving each story the time it needed. None of them felt rushed I didn't feel there was a scene missing from any of them. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2021 at 8:13 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I liked the Sean got a storyline and was pleased with how it went until we got to the conversation with the teacher. The teacher scene was just so poorly written and over the top. Trying to make people who believe in crisis actors sympathetic individuls bothered me. Normally, the people who beleive in crisis actors are not people directly impacted by the tragedy but people on the outside who want to deny that the event occured. 

For an episode with 4 storylines, they did a great job of giving each story the time it needed. None of them felt rushed I didn't feel there was a scene missing from any of them. 

exactly.....that part really pissed me off.  

• Love 2