Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: TRMS 2021 Season

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, ahisma said:

He did it to prove the point that women get criticized for their appearance and what they wear, but men don’t.

I wasn't criticizing her. I just thought a tiny bit of color once in a while would just be a little different, but she always looks nice. Of course what she says is more important than what she wears. Also, in regard to never noticing what men wear, I know that Lawrence O'Donnell looks so nice in blue shirts, that go with his beautiful blue eyes.

• Love 4

I suspect it’s a combo of she cares nothing about fashion & she doesn’t want to distract from what she’s saying with her clothing.  I agree that she could add some color.  All black all the time seems so dull & depressing.  But it’s her choice.  Doesn’t bother me in any way about her.  Just thought seeing her in that black pinstripe blazer was a shocker!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, susannah said:

Also, in regard to never noticing what men wear, I know that Lawrence O'Donnell looks so nice in blue shirts, that go with his beautiful blue eyes.

He does. The only thing that slightly ruins it is that I expect he knows just how good he looks. 🙂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I suspect it’s a combo of she cares nothing about fashion & she doesn’t want to distract from what she’s saying with her clothing.  I agree that she could add some color.  All black all the time seems so dull & depressing.  But it’s her choice.  Doesn’t bother me in any way about her.  Just thought seeing her in that black pinstripe blazer was a shocker!

I always think pinstripes look so elegant.

30 minutes ago, tessaray said:

He does. The only thing that slightly ruins it is that I expect he knows just how good he looks. 🙂

Probably! 😀

• Love 2

I actually heard/saw Rachel do an interview on one of the late night talk shows... it was a few years ago and I don't remember which one... where she talked about her outfit. She said that when she went on TV, she wanted the conversation to be about what she was saying, and not about her, so she dresses the way she does to minimize the distraction her look might cause if she dressed how she's most comfortable and used her default personal style. She didn't specify what her natural style is, but I know it doesn't include make up, and that the way she dresses for air is somewhat more glam than she otherwise would choose for herself.

When she wore the pinstripes, I admit I did wonder what was going on-- and the next night she was back to the basic black. I think that if she started to add some variety, it would be so out of character after all these years, that she'd be asked about it a lot, and it would annoy her because there's never enough time to talk about all the news she wants to talk about, so maybe that's why she keeps it simple.

Someone like Joy Reid, who changes her look a lot, and often looks absolutely fabulous, can do it because people are used to her doing it. For her, if she started to wear the same thing every day, THAT would be the topic of conversation that would take time away from people asking her about the news!

• Love 5

Wow, Rach went on & on & on, for what seemed like 800 years, at the top of her show tonite, that it’s Brian Williams last nite.  Yeah, yeah, whatever, Rach, I was too anxious to hear her talk about the latest bad news for Trump to care anything about BW.  But it did make me think — what if Williams is set to take Cuomo’s place on CNN & maybe Rach already knows?  Hmmmm, just sayin’ . . .

Argghhhh, Rachel and staff -- Nixon did NOT resign in 1973, but 1974 (August 8, left the White House on August 9).  Rachel was not around for this, but it was a very long time between the s--- hitting the fan in early 1973 and the resignation almost 18 months later.  It was summer of 1973 when the famous daily, televised hearings were on the air all day.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

Oh shut up Lawrence.  I like hearing its Friday Eve.  And since he's the reason we lost hearing "time to go to prison" on Friday nights, he should really shut it :-)  

Funny, I was just thinking of that as the "11th Hour" went through its first phase of transition.  I wonder if Rachel would find that as funny these days?  And there was always that pause:

"And now, it's time to go..................to PRISON!"

• Love 2