Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: TRMS 2021 Season

• Start Topic

The lovely older lady that she had on last night, who said 'I believe in science' twice?  I love her!  And so does Rach from her reaction.  I also adored the handoff from Chris last night, Rach giving him and Fauci props.  Another loooooong night is ahead for her tonight, it is so nice to have our Rachael back!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, meowmommy said:

She looks exhausted, and yet still great.  And the glasses!  Woo.  No doubt she can't wear contacts 12 hours a day.

When the glasses come out on an the air, you know Rachel is in no-nonsense mode.

• Love 11

Timothy Snyder is the Melba toast of interviewees: Rachel, doing her patter of "tell me if I got anything wrong, and did I describe your work correctly?"  (usually the response is "OMG you understand my work better than I do!").  Timothy Snyder, who never smiles, "I'm flattered you looked at it so closely.  Let's just talk about it."    I did notice he was calling from Vienna, Austria, at 3:30 AM his time.  

• Love 5

I hope her talking about the book means zillions of people buy it. I think that a lot of people are totally overwhelmed by the world as it is these days, and some simple rules of coping would help. 

I like her glasses. I don't know why the male hosts get to wear them but the women all apparently need to wear contact lenses barring special circumstances.

I also noticed that MSNBC was live for many, many hours yesterday without airing a single ad. That is an even more serious flag than seeing Rachel with her glasses on.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, freddi said:

Timothy Snyder is the Melba toast of interviewees: Rachel, doing her patter of "tell me if I got anything wrong, and did I describe your work correctly?"  (usually the response is "OMG you understand my work better than I do!").  Timothy Snyder, who never smiles, "I'm flattered you looked at it so closely.  Let's just talk about it."    I did notice he was calling from Vienna, Austria, at 3:30 AM his time.  

You pegged it completely.  I don't know if Rachel was trying to convey I Told You So or just taking a break from the immediacy of the moment.

I'd much rather have heard from the legal and/or constitutional experts on what's likely or not likely to happen over the next few days.  I do appreciate that the Congress went through a really rough day, but after two days of first-hand accounts, I really don't need any more retellings from Congresscritter after Congresscritter on how scary it was to be in the Capitol on Wednesday.  Tell me what Chuck and Nancy and Mike and Mitch can do and are going to do.  Tell me who's going to jail, and why certain people aren't there already.  Especially now that a police officer has died.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I also noticed that MSNBC was live for many, many hours yesterday without airing a single ad.

I switched to them a little after Noon on Wednesday ahead of the EC vote certification. From the time that started, until I called it a night around 1am, they didn't air a single commercial. You know it's serious.

• Love 4

I would absolutely order that guy's book, but I don't know if I would be able to get, read and synthesize it before the change in administration.  It did make me understand why I felt so soothed whenever Rachel was talking during the debacle on Wednesday though - she was employing everything he said.  I felt like everyone else was...i did a thing GIF

... and Rachel was just calm and cool. Don't let them scare you! (paraphrasing one of the quotes she read last night)

• Love 4

???  Rachel just said to Lawrence, "The next time we talk, in two days, we will know...[something impeachment]".  Is there some event tomorrow?  Or is one of them off tomorrow?  ???

I don't disagree with Rachel about the resignation in exchange for pardon thing. For exactly the reason she said, I think that's more likely to happen than the 25th amendment and could still happen, even at the last minute.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, freddi said:

???  Rachel just said to Lawrence, "The next time we talk, in two days, we will know...[something impeachment]".  Is there some event tomorrow?  Or is one of them off tomorrow?  ???

21 hours ago, possibilities said:

I am not sure if she was implying that one of them would not be around tomorrow, or if she misspoke at first, and then corrected it, because the impeachment vote won't be until Wednesday.

MSNBC will be covering the House Impeachment vote all day tomorrow-starting at 9 a.m. Ari Melbar revealed that in his show tonight. So I’m assuming that means none is FB their regular shoes will be airing tomorrow evening.

28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

MSNBC will be covering the House Impeachment vote all day tomorrow-starting at 9 a.m. Ari Melbar revealed that in his show tonight. So I’m assuming that means none is FB their regular shoes will be airing tomorrow evening.

Thanks, she said this on Monday, and it seemed odd to say they would next talk "two nights from now".  

Rachel was on fire in the last ten minutes of her "A" block, from around :20 past the hour to :27 past the hour on Tuesday.  "WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN?"  she repeatedly asked the Commander in Chief.  And then made the case for how well resignation and a pardon worked for Nixon in 1974.  O, the finger-pointing!  

Aaaaand, Rachel's rant was trending on Twitter before her show even had ended:  image.png.525c764ce06f0cefa155c855f1881775.png

Edited by freddi
  • Love 7

Yikes,that was a super-long clip of the Jan 6 speech by T**** on Rachel’s show this evening.  I finally had to mute.  

Rep. Sherrill’s account of the reconnaissance “tours” was just disgusting to consider.  I wonder if those were all new members who did not realize how outside the norm those tours were. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, freddi said:

Yikes,that was a super-long clip of the Jan 6 speech by T**** on Rachel’s show this evening.  I finally had to mute.  

Rep. Sherrill’s account of the reconnaissance “tours” was just disgusting to consider.  I wonder if those were all new members who did not realize how outside the norm those tours were. 

I fast forwarded that as I did NOT need nor want hear it again.

I really, really, really wanted her to name NAMES!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I fast forwarded that as I did NOT need nor want hear it again.

I really, really, really wanted her to name NAMES!

Me too! But I respected her for not divulging information that was needed for the investigation.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, freddi said:

It was, but I was glad Rachel played the whole thing. Knowing how much Rachel doesn't like to show video of Trump, I knew it had to be important enough that she wanted us to have all the information. I found it valuable because I hadn't heard the whole speech before. There was so much going on that day that most programs only showed short clips of what fat-ass said and hearing it all was astonishing. It was so much worse than just the mini-bits I had heard/seen before. If DOJ is brave enough to bring criminal charges against him, they certainly have have the evidence for incitement.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, M. Darcy said:

Not that I’m sure anyone doubted her but Rachel was right about how much of a maze the House office buildings are. I’ve visited them a zillion times for work and still get lost. 

She is. I used to work for a law firm that represented Native Americans/Nations/Pueblos, many moons ago and I had to go the House office buildings on a regular basis, and STILL got lost! Each and every time.

• Love 2

Well, that speech was something I didn't need reminding me of. 

However, I wish the focus was on those two newly elected female Congresswomen with zero experiences at all. They have been making a lot of news due to their disgust with security measures and safety. I feel for Biden and now he has to deal with this.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, freddi said:

I put it on FF at speed one, thinking it would be really quick and back to Rachel, and it went on and on and on. 

Short of footage of a future trial, with any luck, that will be the very last time Rachel runs a clip of that person speaking ever again.

• Love 7

I had hoped that Rachel would revisit the Flint water story with the proceedings involving former Governor Snyder.  She deserves a major award for staying on this story for so many years.  It is utterly shameful that state officials implemented a new water delivery process that poisoned children as well as adults.  That city has almost nothing going for it except hope for a better future, and it was abandoned by the state and federal government.  Every time I saw those families trying to get water out of a faucet, or driving to a bottled water site to learn the water was gone, I just cried.  

I have lived in the state and been to Flint, and I know this may end up with no adverse judgments against higher state officials.  Rachel is one of the few people who can bring light and justice to this appalling years-long disaster.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, freddi said:

I had hoped that Rachel would revisit the Flint water story with the proceedings involving former Governor Snyder.  She deserves a major award for staying on this story for so many years.  It is utterly shameful that state officials implemented a new water delivery process that poisoned children as well as adults.  That city has almost nothing going for it except hope for a better future, and it was abandoned by the state and federal government.  Every time I saw those families trying to get water out of a faucet, or driving to a bottled water site to learn the water was gone, I just cried.  

I have lived in the state and been to Flint, and I know this may end up with no adverse judgments against higher state officials.  Rachel is one of the few people who can bring light and justice to this appalling years-long disaster.  

Masterful too to tie it to recent events and draw a bright line between disregard for representative small-d democracy (especially when it involves the voices of Black people) writ on a local and now national level.

• Love 5

Surprised Rach didn’t mention the  My Pillow guy.  Maybe she will for a giggle on Monday?  Apparently, he left the WH having made no impact at all.  So much weird & tense shit going on now, looking for anything for a giggle.

You know, I’m so looking forward to Wednesday — and not just cuz I won’t be forced to listen to or look at the orange shit-stain anymore.  Think of what Rachel’s show will now be.  She’ll be back to talking about politics, rather than spending all her time covering awful scandals & corruption & useless fools unfit for their positions, destroying the country. Is that angels I hear singing? 😀

Also, anyone notice her tone now about Covid?  She could be blasting the numbers at us cuz they’re worse than ever.  She’s clearly NOT doing that.  In her interview with the doctor Biden just chose to head up the vaccine distribution, she seemed positive, upbeat & hopeful.  Good move, Rach. 👍

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know, I’m so looking forward to Wednesday — and not just cuz I won’t be forced to listen to or look at the orange shit-stain anymore.  

Unless, of course, there's, y'know, another riot.

10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

In her interview with the doctor Biden just chose to head up the vaccine distribution, she seemed positive. upbeat & hopeful.

I sure hope they get their shit together.  It pisses me off that we're hearing talk about the military and the National Guard having to do vaccines, when you've got people like me, a retired RN with an active license and experience giving thousands of shots, who responded to a posting for retired nurses to give COVID vaccines and never got called.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Yeah, I’m hoping as of Wednesday, we’ll start to see enormous changes in the vaccine distribution.  I’m glad Rach is putting a hopeful & positive spin on it, given so many extremely capable & highly experienced people now being put in place.  And that the federal government will finally be involved in a major way should hopefully make a significant difference.  To constantly flash those grim Covid numbers is just so depressing.  I’m glad she’s taking a break on that.

Where Rach can be an enormous help to the new administration is to continue to spotlight all the awful shit the Trump horribles still left are inflicting — like Pompeo & whatever evil shit he’s doing, & Trump’s lackeys recently installed at the Defense Dept. — who knows what they could be up to?  Also, there’s been a flurry of action, striking down vital EPA restrictions.  Keep your spotlight on, Rach!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know, I’m so looking forward to Wednesday — and not just cuz I won’t be forced to listen to or look at the orange shit-stain anymore.

I wouldn't count on it.  He's not going to fade into the background, it's not his style. 

• Love 2

It’s not a matter of whether he fades away or not — he’s not gonna get the same kind of daily coverage.  He’s not news anymore — YAY!

And yes, Rachel playing that long Trump clip was certainly painful to watch & listen to, but she played it for a definite reason.  It will likely be the basis of the Dems’ impeachment case.  Hopefully, that will be her last Trump clip she’ll ever play — and she’ll skip showing any wacko planned farewell.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I wouldn't count on it.  He's not going to fade into the background, it's not his style. 

It definitely isn't his style, and I agree that he will try his hardest to remain in the spotlight.

The biggest difference - he no longer has his biggest platform, Twitter, from which to yelp.  Most of his blathering will be in the void of whatever rises up to replace Parler.   Hopefully the muzzling will hold.

• Love 6

So was Rach rubbing it in by asking if Trump in 2015 woulda not run at all for President if he coulda foreseen her wrap-up of his miserable Presidency -- and that he'll forever be known in history as the worst President ever ever ever?  Nah,

Now in contrast to Rach, this is rubbing it in-

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Rachel interviewing Dr.Fauci?  “I hope you can join us.”  Yeah, I think I can squeeze in this interview.  I have high hopes, now that Dr. Fauci has gone all Shawshank on T****. “I’m Free!  I’m Liberated!”  

• Love 12

Oh, whew, new administration, quieter news cycles, a return to roadmaps of policy.

EXCEPT:  Rachel hosts "Fauci Unleashed", and we still are getting Friday Night News Dumps.  This was pretty spectacular, T**** trying to have a lackey who "reads the internet, a lot" install himself as the new Acting Attorney General.  

I cried a little when I saw Rachel's mom and aunt with their vaccine cards. ❤️❤️❤️ So glad they got in line for the available shots.  When I got the vaccine, I found out that we pretty much get whatever vaccine happens to be the vaccine du jour - whatever arrived that day, followed up with the same kind a few weeks later.  I had been scheduled for Moderna, but they gave me Pfizer.  (Not anywhere near 79!  But I volunteer at the medical center where Dr. Vin Gupta works.  And it did not hurt, and I was not sore.  Onward.)  

ETA:  Rachel, I could really use a return of the Friday Cocktail Moment, maybe once a month, when things settle down.  We are ready for it.  

image.png.b2ac3fe9d45f21391ddceec4df589570.png

Edited by freddi
  • Love 11

Wow!  Rachel's interview with Dr. Fauci was very interesting & very eye-opening!  Dr. Fauci was very open about how he had been 'muzzled" and he was very happy to finally be able to talk to Rachel....he certainly sounds very relieved about the situation now and that the scientists can work on our Covid crisis.  Then onward, to the NYT story about the almost "Midnight Massacre" of wholesome resignations at the Justice Department!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Then onward, to the NYT story about the almost "Midnight Massacre" of wholesome resignations at the Justice Department!

I think you meant "wholesale", but sure, "wholesome" works, too!  😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I’m very surprised Rachel didn’t lead with The NY Times report instead of the interview with Dr. Fauci, unless he was live and they couldn’t delay it. That...was something

Good interview with Fauci, and he’s clearly, clearly happier right now. Lots of good info and just good plain talk. He seems reluctant and yet happy to twist the knife into Trump and his administration. He at least survived the era intact and didn’t feel forced to retire like Dr. Birx

• Love 6

The Fauci interview was my favorite Rachel interview in recent months. I was especially glad she asked about care for people whose covid symptoms continue and even worsen. I'm so happy much work is being done to care for people. There will be so many. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DanaK said:

I’m very surprised Rachel didn’t lead with The NY Times report instead of the interview with Dr. Fauci, unless he was live and they couldn’t delay it. That...was something

Probably that.  And the fact that Chris Hayes had just had the NYT reporter on his show to talk about her story, and LOD was going to have the same reporter on his show right after.  There's nothing earth-shattering Rachel could have said about the NYT report that had to be said in the first 20 minutes of her program.

1 hour ago, MMEButterfly said:

The Fauci interview was my favorite Rachel interview in recent months. I was especially glad she asked about care for people whose covid symptoms continue and even worsen.

The tone in her voice made me wonder if she was really asking for Susan...

• Love 6