Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Lost Souls

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

Whelp, I was wrong about Ivar and gang's breakout.  Despite one brief suspenseful moment, it is actually a success, and all four of the "traitors' are safely with Prince Dir now!  Of course, the next step is to now go to war against Oleg, so it is safe to say that this is far from over for everyone involved.

Damn, Harald really does just want to be Bjorn 2.0.: right down to wanting to marry both Gunnhild and Ingrid!  You've got some issues, buddy.  Not surprised Ingrid is willing despite his rape of her, because she was always a pragmatic one, and she knows she will likely never rise above her station if she refuses.  But it certainly seems like Gunnhild might not be down with it.

Erik passes up a possible opportunity to be the king himself and has instead earned his way into Harald's good graces by killing the treacherous Skane.  Still think he is up to something.

Ubbe and crew find land, but it isn't anything like the way Othere described it in all the worst ways possible.  Still, they're going to attempt to make a go of it and even give it a nice name: Greenland!  Also, "the gods" provide them a food source with a beached whale, but Kjetill decides to make the Flatnoses everyone's least favorite neighbors, by claiming it all for himself, since it washed up in his section.  You sure do like to make friends, Kjetill!  This is one surefire way to get your house egged!

• Love 1

Kjetill is such an ass!  I'm a big believer in capitalism but that is NOT the place for it!  It's hard to believe him and his family won't get killed for this.

I also think Erik is playing some kind of long game.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4

Urgh, why hasn't anyone killed Kjetill yet? He doesn't seem to be contributing anything, he's a pain in the ass to be around, and he seems addicted to pissing everyone else off. Seriously, sometimes you just gotta get rid of the bad egg.

I liked that Ingrid was allowed to verbalize the situation she's in: she has no choices and is (possibly) carrying her rapist's baby. I'm still waiting for the women to conceive an assassination plan together and just take power for themselves though.

Surely Erik is still up to something. Why be head bodyguard when you can be the queen's consort?

Harald was holding a tooth earring that he threw in the fire. Was that Astrid's? Man this guy is the king of self-delusion.

Edited by Ravenya003
  • Love 2

Well, at least they made it through the storm, but old Flatnose sure is being a dick by not sharing the food. I mean, there is enough there for everyone with lots to share. Doesn't look like a good place to live, though. And poor Torvi looks so sad. Someone needs to help her. Glad the other crew got out of Dodge without being caught but the king is gonna  have a shit fit when he finds out the boy is gone.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Flatnose's days are numbered because I don't see the rest of the people putting up with his selfishness.

Selfish and insane considering the paranoia he showed during the storm.

Well, it appears that these 4 episodes are all the History Channel is showing at this time.  It's not on the schedule for next week.  I have Amazon Prime so I guess I'll watch it there, but I much prefer it on a larger screen.

58 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Selfish and insane considering the paranoia he showed during the storm.

Well, it appears that these 4 episodes are all the History Channel is showing at this time.  It's not on the schedule for next week.  I have Amazon Prime so I guess I'll watch it there, but I much prefer it on a larger screen.

Yeah, I noticed it's not on next week but I hope History Channel shows the remaining ones.  I still don't understand why they're screwing with us.  I don't have Amazon Prime.

I'm really tired of the story with the Rus. The show feels very disconnected right now with the Greenland gang, the Rus story and Kattegat. I understand the Greenland story because it's a nod to some history but I've been mostly bored with the Russians.