Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: Week 9

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, EllenB said:

Damn, this season has deeper conversations than all the previous seasons put together.

Yeah, but they're all from the guys. Tayshia hasn't said anything about anything about herself.  She's just one big huge void.

• Love 18
Just now, CraftyHazel said:

Failed suicide attempts in 2018 and 2019, and they put him in such an emotionally charged situation?!

Do they provide these people counseling after this is over.......oh god in the middle of this the cheesy song and dance...  why can I never get a "have you dated a person of color," question especially before HOMETOWNS?!!

1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

Yeah, but they're all from the guys. Tayshia hasn't said anything about anything about herself.  She's just one big huge void.

I don't even watch this show, and just started last week, but I agree with this!! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

Failed suicide attempts in 2018 and 2019, and they put him in such an emotionally charged situation?!

He clearly isn’t ready for this.   He still doesn’t seem to know that there is any place between zero and going flat out.   He is going to be devastated if he isn’t F1, but, seriously, what is she thinking!   He isn’t just showing a red flag, it is red flagapalooza, he is practically glowing in neon.... run, Taishia, run.  But not towards Zac....he isn’t stable either.   In fact, JPJ is starting to look pretty good.  Wonder if he is still single?

eta, not making light of Ben’s issues...the whole thing is effed up.  

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

Yes, that’s a very recent history. I’m glad to hear he’s in therapy and getting treatment. Hopefully his depression was situational related to the issues with his broken back. (Not clear on the timing of all that.) I wonder whether the producers even knew considering he never even told his sister. I presume they ask about your mental health and history—but I don’t think they can make you disclose your medical history—HIPAA laws and whatnot.

• Love 6

If TPTB isn't letting these people take one step off the La Quinta grounds, even when they are on horses, how can they possibly safely do HTs? And all these guys are doing HTs? That's even worse pandemic wise.

• Love 6

Taysia appears to be attracted to guys she can 'save'. Ben has dozens of red flags, Zac has dozens of red flags, Brendan & Noah has some & so does Blake. She's got a horrible picker! I'm starting to not like watching the rest of this season. I was so happy (at first) when I learned that she was replacing Clare & I was ecstatic seeing the amount of handsome, financially secure & educated African American men that were finally allowed to participate on the Bachelorette! Unfortunately, she's sending them home one-by-one, so that's sad and a bummer for me. Oh well, she definitely has a type. Sulky, psycho killer that will end up having a Lifetime movie made about him once he takes a weapon to work or buries his family in oil cans. Yep, she's a fan of the wounded, hurt man that doesn't like to share his feelings, is socially awkward and has a plethora of issues that are NOT designed to attract a woman to him or make her think he's potential husband material! I'm so confused & disappointed with Taysia. Oh well, I can't wait to see this new Bachelor's season especially since I've already seen the 40+ potential participants vying for his love.

Edited by Lacy4u
  • Love 12

I’m glad to hear that Ben is doing better and getting therapy and help, but those are really really recent suicide attempts. Is now the best time for this high pressure situation and to start a serious relationship, especially in this dating pressure cooker? I don’t know if that’s healthy. 

• Love 13
(edited)

That lie detector is so bogus. Jojo is hitting a button to turn the bulbs on. So STUPID. She's on a laptop, not a lie detector. Morons. And poor Zac is going to fall for it with his cheating answer.

Jojo is screwing with these poor guys. I HATE this. That "heartbeat" thing is just a screensaver on the PC.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

If TPTB isn't letting these people take one step off the La Quinta grounds, even when they are on horses, how can they possibly safely do HTs? And all these guys are doing HTs? That's even worse pandemic wise.

I am sure they have a plan likely involving masks, sanitizer and possibly plexiglass.   

And since when Jojo become a lie detector expert?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Yes, that’s a very recent history. I’m glad to hear he’s in therapy and getting treatment. Hopefully his depression was situational related to the issues with his broken back. (Not clear on the timing of all that.) I wonder whether the producers even knew considering he never even told his sister. I presume they ask about your mental health and history—but I don’t think they can make you disclose your medical history—HIPAA laws and whatnot.

I had back problems several years ago that made me suicidal. Pain can do that, where you'd rather erase yourself than live in agony.

• Love 4

Jesus Mary Mother of God I hate this episode!    As if we didn't have enough problems surrounding Covid, now we've got to hear about these men's problems, too.   Furthermore, who believes that the lie detector works after Riley got a red light saying his name?   Have I mentioned I hate this episode?   I'm going to watch an episode of Succession after this to cheer myself up.   

• Love 10

Is Devan Riley Christian in the witness protection program or something?! I can’t wait to hear this explanation of how he gave a DIFFERENT first name and [Maury Povich voice] The lie detector determined THAT was a lie.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Anyone who’s seen a cop show could tell you those things are terribly inaccurate come on. 

Real ones are inaccurate sometimes. BUT: THAT is NOT a real one. It's a laptop with a blood-pressure cuff and a board with colored light bulbs that Jojo is turning on to 1. cause drama and problems, and 2. make people laugh. That last one isn't working.

Real lie detectors do NOT have colored light bulbs.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14

I had back problems several years ago that made me suicidal. Pain can do that, where you'd rather erase yourself than live in agony.

I’m sorry to hear that. Ellen. I hope you’re doing better now.

• Love 5
(edited)

Re: Zac's "cheating" answer. He should say he cheated at cards when he was in Junior high and won $3 in a pot by pulling an ace out of his sleeve, then cheated his little sister out of the last piece of pizza when he was 10. There's cheating and then there's cheating.

ETA: Oh, yeay, Zac came through with my idea. Thanks Zac!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

I’m sorry to hear that. Ellen. I hope you’re doing better now.

Oh, it was over twenty years ago. Once I had surgery, I woke up in the recovery room and said "I don't hurt anymore!" and burst into tears of joy.

• Love 23

What is this lie detector set up?  The computer screen is not showing anything, is there someone off screen really reading the results, or are they making up the answers?

Not sure the always a cheater line is true.  I cheated when I was 20, I broke up with the guy I cheated on, through 3 more boyfriends and my husband, I have never cheated again.

awww, loved Zacs story/set up.  And his reaction to her telling him she's falling for him too was great!  I'm really starting to like him, though drug use, even previous, is a huge deal breaker for me.

Edited by Ripley68
  • Love 5

You can tell people who watch this show who have have life experiences.  Those that do see "it didn't work out in the army, I had to do everything perfectly, I have two recent failed suicide attempts and I had an eating disorder as.......wow, you may need to figure some things out before going on national television and exposing yourself to social media....those that don't say, "oh, how GREAT he is opening up!  that is real love after one week telling someone all your troubles" 

I am also relieved from the comments that this show is not normally like this. For different reasons I have wondered about the longevity, but if it was sob story after sob story each week, who is turning in for that?  

No people don't have to be perfect, but we don't need people who have gone through every conflict either...

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 4

Why am I now thinking maybe Bennett isn’t so bad after all....yes, he is an asshole, but he is open about his superiority complex and doesn’t seem to have either rage issues or other red flags.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Why am I now thinking maybe Bennett isn’t so bad after all....yes, he is an asshole, but he is open about his superiority complex and doesn’t seem to have either rage issues or other red flags.   

He insinuated that he had a not-so Bennett-y upbringing, so he may have been ready to  unload a dirt poor hillbilly background.  Maybe his real name is Bubba Joe Hatfield McCoy.

Hey, did we just see our first Mesnick of the season?

Edited by EllenB
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
Just now, DEL901 said:

Thank you! So much this! Yeah, he needs to learn to STFU but I wouldn't worry about him trying to kill me or set the house on fire in the middle of the night, or finding his dead body in the woods somewhere. Can't say that about some of these other guys she's keeping. But it's good he's gone since Tayshia has zero layers to her. And I mean zero. Bennett can do better.

• Love 4

Where did they find these guys?  Riley is crying just thinking about telling Tayshia his secret?. I know they were chosen for Clare, but Tayshia seems to have culled most of the guys with no issues other than maybe famewhore tendencies.   

He insinuated that he had a not-so Bennett-y upbringing, so he may have been ready to  unload a dirt poor hillbilly background.

Hey, did we just see our first Mesnick of the season?

Pre-Mesnick.  Even Jason waited until AFTERWARDS to sob.   

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

What's such a freaking big deal about meeting someone's family. I just don't get the DRAMA behind it. All the guys I dated met my family, and always came for holidays like Christmas and whatnot. It wasn't a big deal and I didn't have to marry any of them just because they met the fam. And I met theirs.

• Love 9
Just now, DEL901 said:

Where did they find these guys?  Riley is crying just thinking about telling Tayshia his secret?. I know they were chosen for Clare, but Tayshia seems to have culled most of the guys with no issues other than maybe famewhore tendencies.   

Nah, a couple of them are still there, hiding behind their drama.  I'd bet if I looked them up now they are already taking advantage of their new social media popularity.  Whatever the secret is it is a shame she will probably sent him home over the guys that have real issues.  Whatever happens after the show she can't say she wasn't warned. 

3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So he just straight up changed his name I thought her fake lie detector was just acting up. It’s like every talk needs a tissue box now. 

I think the producers already knew he'd changed his name because he told them, so the light bulb was ready.  It was a setup.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 16

Oh, Riley/Devan/Dwayne, or whoever you are, you don’t even realize you just saved yourself by having a tragic backstory. Wait, only 4 people can go to hometowns—so are you at least the top 3 tragic of who’s left? These are “amazing stories” according to Tayshia. She’s “blown away” by their dysfunctional upbringing and tragic circumstances.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

LOL! I KNEW that was going to be Bennett coming back. He's our new Bukowski, he's a grown-ass man.

All I could think with Tayshia's white dress was how filthy that hem was going to be, dragging all over the dirt and sand-filled patio blocks. It will never ever come clean.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I think Tayshia is my favorite lead, and this group of contestants are my favorite. I only started watching with JoJo's season.  Tayshia and most of the men are all well spoken, there have been TONS of meaningful conversations that aren't filled with 'ums,' and 'likes'.  Tayshia speaks her mind clearly and doesn't put up with any guff.  And even though I've complained about the lack of cool dates, I do like that the dates have been "normal."  Just fun things you would do in every life (for the most part).  I think they should include "normal" dates with cool dates from now on.

• Love 9