Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: Week 9

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

my parents are very Catholic as WAS I, but I met my abusive ex at church, so my second marriage to my soulmate was to a wonderful Jewish man. We were married by a priest who was a family friend and a cool rabbi. My mom asked if we would have communion at the ceremony and I told her, yes, and a bris

See?  That's an interesting story and why  I think the show should have more religious discussion, not less.  It's not "forcing religion down anyone's throat"  to talk about it. People shouldn't be muzzled about who they are.  I think it's part of any serious dating situation and if someone associates a certain religion (or lack of one)  as why one relationship failed, it's just like Tayshia associating cheating with why her first marriage failed and helps her decide who to pick next. 

• Love 9
On 12/11/2020 at 1:01 AM, Arkay said:

I'm one of those whose preference is for a brand new person to be the Bachelor or Bachelorette. For me it was much more enjoyable back when the lead was an unknown and I didn't have a preconceived opinion about that person. Just like I find it interesting to get to know and develop an opinion about each new crop of contestants and can learn some surprising things about them. It used to be like that before this year's-long daisy chain that we have now. I didn't like Hannah Brown and was mightily sick of Clare, Peter the Pilot made me retch, etc. and that impacted how I felt about each season.

I agree with @dirtypop90 that even though Matt hasn't been a contestant, he's contestant-adjacent through Tyler. It's refreshing to have new blood, but I wish I didn't know anything about him already. 

Honestly the best season was Andrew Firestone , i still recall the women being shocked, not knowing who the bachelor was and then finding out it was a wealthy man ! Such a great season !! Of course very different times before social media but still, so much fun watching it all unfold .

• Love 6

Sigh. Everytime I see someone say that Lil Andy was the best Bach ever, all I think is -- that wonk-eyed little twerp? He was infatuated with Kirsten and would have picked her until his family pointed out what a golddigga she was. He eventually picked out that stealth bitch Jen who I would consider the worst Ette ever if it wasnt for the existence of the petulant, bratty, pants-sniffing Deanna.  (Clare didnt stay long enuff to round out the Worst Ette Ever category.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Sigh. Everytime I see someone say that Lil Andy was the best Bach ever, all I think is -- that wonk-eyed little twerp? He was infatuated with Kirsten and would have picked her until his family pointed out what a golddigga she was. He eventually picked out that stealth bitch Jen who I would consider the worst Ette ever if it wasnt for the existence of the petulant, bratty, pants-sniffing Deanna.  (Clare didnt stay long enuff to round out the Worst Ette Ever category.)

Hahahaah some truth there - i think the most classic was amber trying hard to make conversation  with Andy at dinner “ so what’s your favorite chain restaurant “ . Andy kept giving her chances because he thought she was so cute . I personally was hoping he picked Tina fabulous . Jen was truly the worst bachelorette because she already had a serious beau when she started the show . Although Deanna..... lol.

2 hours ago, thehepburn said:

By the way, i made that Deanna comment before i saw you made it as well. And wasn’t Claire the pants sniffer ??

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Hahahaah some truth there - i think the most classic was amber trying hard to make conversation  with Andy at dinner “ so what’s your favorite chain restaurant “ . Andy kept giving her chances because he thought she was so cute .

There was a scene on one of the Bachelor shows where he asked the woman what her favorite Italian restaurant was and she said "Olive Garden"  and he looked like he was trying to stifle a laugh.  Was this the one?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Hahahaah some truth there - i think the most classic was amber trying hard to make conversation  with Andy at dinner “ so what’s your favorite chain restaurant “ . Andy kept giving her chances because he thought she was so cute . I personally was hoping he picked Tina fabulous . Jen was truly the worst bachelorette because she already had a serious beau when she started the show . Although Deanna..... lol.

By the way, i made that Deanna comment before i saw you made it as well. And wasn’t Claire the pants sniffer ??

Deanna sniffed them too! Which was even worse than Clare doing it because Deanna had never even met Dale. Imagine if the genders were reversed - a man infatuated with a woman stole a pair of her pants and offered it to his friends to sniff. That would not be laughed off as easily.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

There was a scene on one of the Bachelor shows where he asked the woman what her favorite Italian restaurant was and she said "Olive Garden"  and he looked like he was trying to stifle a laugh.  Was this the one?

Yes !!! Hahahaha , she got super drunk and made a fool out of herself but he kept her because he thought she was really cute , i beleive one of his female friends said that she was his “ type” so she would get extra chances . Lol. Good times !!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 12/10/2020 at 2:25 PM, catrice2 said:

Such a dumb interview with her ex husband.  He has to be smart enough to know that shows are edited a certain way and that the people have limited control over how it is edited and NONE over how the wider public will receive it, process it and act on it.  Bottom line, he did cheat. Whether it was once or multiple times.  No one with a brain believes that all breakups are the fault of one person, nor does he know if UNAIRED she did take responsibility for her part.  I am way more interested in why he didn't want to have children with her?    

This is why they need to air certain conversations.  Even though they had been together for some time, perhaps in the end he could not see himself being the father of a bi racial child.  Not saying that is it, but it has happened to a few friends of mine, one Asian one Hispanic.  Their boyfriend/fiance in the end did not want what they perceived went along with raising a child and trying to incorporate all backgrounds. I am sure there were other things, but that was the main reason they gave my friends. 

Yes, I am sure it is hard for the family, friends and ex's of people who go on national television because people are kooks.  Leave the man alone....but by the same token he surely does not expect her to pass up opportunities because they were once married and there are stupid people in this world? 

I didn't hear the podcast with Tayshia's ex. I know Tayshia has cited infidelity on her ex's part as a reason for the divorce.  Has he said or implied that he does not want a biracial child and this is (at least) one reason for the divorce?  Your friends may have had partners that did not want a biracial child, but, as far as I know, there is no indication that this was a reason for Tayshia's ex wanting a divorce. You've said, basically, I'm very interested in why he didn't want kids with Tayshia; maybe he was ok with a biracial wife but didn't want biracial kids.  This, IMO. implies a possible racial bias where there may not be one and I don't think we should hang that on him without further information.    

• Love 4
14 hours ago, rebel2u said:

This, IMO. implies a possible racial bias where there may not be one and I don't think we should hang that on him without further information.    

I agree.  So many times these shows mention a family member and then people start researching them on the net and jumping to all sorts of conclusions when they aren't there to defend themselves, always siding with the lead because we feel like we know them better.  We really don't know Tayshia at all. We've seen her be quite smiley and pleasant when she's all dressed up in evening gowns with twenty handsome men fawning over her and no competition in sight.  Who wouldn't be happy in those circumstances?     The leads are seeking fame and Instagram money so they're willing to take the risks  of social media's attention, but it's not the same for parents or ex-partners. 

I can think of all sorts of reasons why Tayshia's ex might have decided he didn't want to have children with her. He's said she no longer seemed to want to be a partner with him, she had distanced herself from him, and he thought she didn't have a good "work ethic."  That may have been enough to make him think she might be a distant or inattentive mother.  Some of us have noticed how  excessively stern she gets when she's angry at one of the bachelors, he may not have wanted his children to be raised with that sort of strictness.  Some people would, some wouldn't.  Science has recently discovered that children get their IQ's from their mother's DNA .  That may be reason enough for some men to think that the woman they hooked up with for her sexy looks may not be the one he wants to have children with. 

I'm not saying he was thinking of any of this when he decided he didn't want to have children with her, it could just have been that he could see they were already drifting apart.  I'm just saying that calling him a racist over it  is making a pretty wild jump when it could have been a dozen other reasons.

• Love 5
On 12/9/2020 at 2:58 AM, tennisgurl said:

Oh god, not “he shows up for me” again! Anything but that!

"Show up for me" is the worst. It was kind of funny when Claire kept saying it but then having it become a thing for all the others from her season and Taysha is just weird.