Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E35: Michael Eric Dyson; Alex Wagner; Jon Meacham

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Do not use the show as a jumping off point to espouse your own political beliefs or to attack the followers of any political group or party.  If you do, we'll lock you in a room with Bill for a week with a gag on so all you can do is listen to him bloviate. 

• Start Topic

Maybe it was Bill thanking all the people who work on the show, maybe it was the calming presence of John Meacham; but I didn't feel utterly hopeless at the end. I hope Bill can just be happy he was right about Trump not leaving and move on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

This mantra "He won't leave" is just putting more kerosene to the fire.

Gods willing, this will no longer be an issue by the time the show comes back.

I actually enjoyed the season finale; heretofore I was afraid Bill was no longer capable of a decent show. If you have intelligent, well-mannered guests on the panel like Alex Wagner and Jon Meacham, it doesn't matter what party they're from. It was nice for Bill to thank his crew too.

And his final New Rule was spot on. There's no talking sense to the president's more fanatical followers; all you can do is love them and hope they're not packing. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Broderbits said:

Maybe it was Bill thanking all the people who work on the show, maybe it was the calming presence of John Meacham; but I didn't feel utterly hopeless at the end. I hope Bill can just be happy he was right about Trump not leaving and move on.

Bill's back on January 15th, earlier than usual, probably so he can get in at least one more Trump won't leave rant.

Alex Wagner and Jon Meacham also know how to converse with Bill in between his rants, rather than the awkward fits and starts by less familiar guests who aren't expecting the host to interrupt mid-sentence, so that made it go smoothly. The New Rules were good too.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5

Ouch,Bill! Your rant about the lady who finally had a girl after a long string of boys kind of takes a nosedive when you know that the woman died several days after giving birth. 

Edited by Caseysgirl
  • Useful 2
On 11/22/2020 at 1:14 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Ouch,Bill! Your rant about the lady who finally had a girl after a long string of boys kind of takes a nosedive when you know that the woman died several days after giving birth. 

Do you have a cite for that?  Can't find any reference to that, only to the birth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Do you have a cite for that?  Can't find any reference to that, only to the birth.

1 hour ago, Broderbits said:

I too would like to see a reference; I googled this every which way and can't find anything about her dying.

Not to get off topic, but I read about her dying in my news feed on Facebook, which, I realize isn’t the best source. 🤷‍♀️