Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Chicken Salt; Mighty Carver; Flipstik; Popping Cake Stand

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

A healthy alternative to salt; a spring-loaded cake stand; an entertaining approach to the tried-and-true carving knives often used during holidays; a product designed to attach a cellphone to almost any surface.

• Love 1

I was so happy to see that I could DVR this at 9 central, so I DVR'd it.    Then they cut the ending off.   

1. Chicken Salt, and fake Vegan Chicken, just mix water and oil, and it's good to go.   Jada Spices already made it to Amazon with the spice mixes.  I was very impressed with the two sellers.   Barbara will be a great partner for them, and I hope they make a fortune.   The spice mix looks amazing.

2. Surprise Case where the cake stand pops up a present through the cake did nothing for me.   After one time, it's no longer a surprise.    No deal.

3. Mighty Carver, an electric carving knife that looks like a small chain saw, and sounds rather similar.   They got a deal with Daymond.   Interesting gimmick.

4. Flip Stik prop for cell phones, that also sticks to any surface to secure it.   

Spoiler

He got a deal with Lori.    In case we never see the ending. 

• Love 1

Personal pet peeve:  I HATE it when they call plants "meat" -- they are not meat, and that is not truth in advertising.  The Chicken Union should sue.  Call it Pseudo Pork or I Can't Believe Its Not Chiken, but don't call it meat.  Because then you bring up the question:  If plants are so good, why do they have to disguise themselves as meat?  I didn't understand why its called Chicken Salt -- is it salt to be put on chicken or is it salt that tastes like chicken?  And what chemicals do they put it to accomplish this?

• Love 1

I ordered the Jada spices “chicken” mix off of Amazon. The salts didn’t really interest me because I have to watch my sodium intake even if it’s reduced but the chicken mix was low sodium and I like that it doesn’t have soy in it plus and the wtf factor gets me every time. 

5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I ordered the Jada spices “chicken” mix off of Amazon. The salts didn’t really interest me because I have to watch my sodium intake even if it’s reduced but the chicken mix was low sodium and I like that it doesn’t have soy in it plus and the wtf factor gets me every time. 

Give us an update on it when you get the mix and use it, please!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Personal pet peeve:  I HATE it when they call plants "meat" -- they are not meat, and that is not truth in advertising.  The Chicken Union should sue.  Call it Pseudo Pork or I Can't Believe Its Not Chiken, but don't call it meat.  Because then you bring up the question:  If plants are so good, why do they have to disguise themselves as meat?  

It’s not about whether “plants are so good”. Many people like the taste of meat but for one reason or another, want to limit or reduce their intake of meat. It might be for health reasons, environmental concerns, allergies, animal rights advocacy, etc. But no one is disputing generally whether meat is tasty and enjoyable. Being able to mimic the taste and texture of meat allows people to enjoy it while still limiting their intake. It’s not a meat vs. plant competition. 

There are already some companies in the plant-based chicken space but theirs look more like chicken breast or ground chicken. I wonder if people are going to be on board with idea of making “chicken” at home out of a powder. Sometimes the psychology of it all makes a difference. 

• Love 4