Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Execute

Airing on November 24, 2020:

When a hacker triggers a car crash that kills a family of three, the team races to hunt him down as his ransomware demands escalate and his chilling final target becomes apparent.

• Love 1

No daughter this week.

"Faybien" Motors! Seems Kia told the show: "if you're going to make our car's security look bad, don't say our name in your episode".

When the hospital had the hack and the airplane scare, I wonder if it ever crossed Hana's mind that she could make big money working IT consulting. She wouldn't need to find a new roommates for rent payment.

Does Jess report to anyone? To ground planes you would at least expect him to be on the phone briefing someone at HQ.

Thank you for explaining "Hillbilly software". I thought the name was weird at first mention.

Show made sure to check off all the boxes for the nerd stereotypes.

Jess put his gun away but Barnes had her gun drawn and she allowed Lucas to grab the gun and take hold of the lady. They are making her useless in the field.

Does Clinton have x-ray vision or a very special scope? No way he had a clear shot.

Is it insulting to order a cheeseburger in a Chinese restaurant?

• Love 2

I liked this episode even though episodes that are tech heavy aren’t usually my favorites. 

I didn’t really get why the Most Wanted team was assigned this case at first, they didn’t even know the identity of the perp when they caught the case. But I did enjoy the investigation and seeing how it played out, it was a good case. 

I liked how Hana got fleshed out more in this episode, we got to know more about her and she wasn’t being a wiseass to anyone. 

Clinton seems to get the fewest lines of any character but I liked seeing his sharpshooter abilities at the end. 

I had to laugh at the scene with the perp and the fat dude in his basement, not only because it was so stereotypical but the fatso in his underwear screaming that someone else was a loser was funny. 

No LaCroix family drama was nice, it seems like that’s been in almost every episode, it was nice it was completely absent tonight.

• Love 3

Criminal Minds did a hacker takes down an airplane story as well.   I actually like this story better because you get to see what makes the guy the crew is chasing tick more then the BAU did.    And of course the hacking took ALOT of liberties  but it’s an hour show and an adventure show where the bad guy isn’t even the main character so it kinda had to.    I would be a little more pissed if this was a computer show or a show about doctors that suddenly forgot how  operating procedures.  

And yeah the team probably does have someone they answer to but unless they want to hire a new character then the show is going to more and more seem like they work on their own.  Maybe a line or two here or there and LaCroix commenting about talking to the bosses but I doubt much in the way of actual oversight.

As for the hacker himself maybe because I also kind of understood him.   In my case though my parents tried to support by computer skills without understanding them.   Their issue with me was my lack of follow through which which was other issues they didn’t understand at the time.    So I can see a genius kid getting bullied by everyone in his life finally snapping.  I don’t condone his actions at all.  But I can see how it could happen. 

still so much better the og FBI

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I liked this episode even though episodes that are tech heavy aren’t usually my favorites. 

I didn’t really get why the Most Wanted team was assigned this case at first, they didn’t even know the identity of the perp when they caught the case. But I did enjoy the investigation and seeing how it played out, it was a good case. 

I haven't seen the show since the first few episodes but with nothing better to do that was my first question 

• Love 1

I thought they should have taken the kid out the minute they walked in the room, but then they would have had to pad out the last 15 minutes of the show more than they did. I wonder if it's really that hard to pull the plug on a plane's autopilot in flight. Or at least the wifi feed. In the hospital, they might have been clearer when telling the IT administrator that she needed to take all machines offline, that they meant NOW!!! All in all, a good, fast-paced episode, just enough explaining for the viewer's edification. One take away, for me, was that the computer camp counselor maybe should have done more actual counseling, not just boosting all of her campers' egos. She might have picked up that one of them was sliding off the rails. She should have been aware of that fine line sometimes between genius and insanity and the prevalence of nerd-bullying. Maybe I expect too much of summer camp.

• Love 1

I liked this episode; it definitely held my attention and I really liked seeing Hana figure out how to outsmart the perp. 

I'm still thrown by the inconsistent use of masks. In some scenes, some of the people are wearing masks; in others, none. It completely throws me. 

• Love 3