Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Bread Week

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, snarktini said:

I want to know how this works, too! In olden years they could practice and submit their ingredients weekly -- did they need to know the whole season's worth of recipes in advance this time? Do they have access to the kitchens on down days? With all the gimmicky challenges they need MORE time to practice, not less.

In previous years, the contestants have submitted all their recipes before the season starts. This allows for the home economists and producers to order the right amount of tools and food in advance of production. They would sometimes bring their own tools and ingredients the week of but once you were confirmed on the show, the contestants had to submit all their recipes. I think this year's contestants got more practice right before production as a result since they usually film this show in the spring, but I agree that the between the shooting practice is more important. 

13 minutes ago, Athena said:

This allows for the home economists and producers to order the right amount of tools and food in advance of production.

They probably have to order double - how many times have they had to start over when something goes awry?

I always wonder who gets to eat the goodies.  They cut one little slice to taste and then, what, bin it?  Hopefully it goes to the food bank or something unless it's raw.  I personally could overlook a soggy bottom for some fresh baked goods.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I always wonder who gets to eat the goodies.  They cut one little slice to taste and then, what, bin it?  Hopefully it goes to the food bank or something unless it's raw.  I personally could overlook a soggy bottom for some fresh baked goods.

An article I read a few years ago and said that the crew also partakes in the bakes. I’m sure everybody avoids the uncooked ones though. Don’t want to get sick!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

They probably have to order double - how many times have they had to start over when something goes awry?

6 hours ago, marinite said:

An article I read a few years ago and said that the crew also partakes in the bakes. I’m sure everybody avoids the uncooked ones though. Don’t want to get sick!

The producers said that as result of their wholesale pre-ordering, they did not have issues with shortages. The contestants got care packages for their home practice in the spring.

Yes, in previous years, the crew does partake and some of each bake is set aside for the bakers but I don't think they did it this year or as much. Some of the contestants had their children with them in the "biosphere" bubble so there probably wasn't that much wasted.

• Love 1
On 10/10/2020 at 1:38 PM, SeeSee said:

I'm not a fan of Matt.  I don't know who he is (because I'm not from the UK, I assume), but I don't find him funny or appealing.  I like Noel, who seems sweet and smart, but this guy is just not a good addition, IMO.  

I think it’s Matt’s silly voices and faces that are off putting. It’s juvenile shtick, not wit. Doesn’t work for me. And I think he brings Noel down to his level. Noel keeps over-acting his response to Matt’s inanity; Noel, Matt is rarely truly funny and no amount of you leaping around in faux hysterics will change that.

Let’s get Lottie a hosting gig. She’s actually quick and witty and could cut Paul down to size quite neatly.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 2