Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Someone actually asked Sonia in an Instagram Live if she and Nick were paid to stay together at the 6-month reunion and she denied it. I actually think they chose to get divorced when they did because the show only pays for the divorce within a certain period time (I'm guessing within 1 year of marriage). They wanted a free marriage and a free divorce! Guess Nick got his get out of jail free card after all.

http://www.thewrap.com/9-married-at-first-sight-burning-questions/

I don't think the show needed them to stay married to make the recruits more willing--they're probably desperate to be married/be on TV. The Miami group was willing to get hitched despite 2 consecutive failed seasons.

I think the timing of the divorce was coordinated with the producers to pique audiences' interest for season 5.

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe Jessica was offered something to keep quiet? She might for the right offer if she wants to be in the biz.

Maybe she got an offer she couldn't refuse to remain silent.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gobears said:

Someone actually asked Sonia in an Instagram Live if she and Nick were paid to stay together at the 6-month reunion and she denied it. I actually think they chose to get divorced when they did because the show only pays for the divorce within a certain period time (I'm guessing within 1 year of marriage). They wanted a free marriage and a free divorce! Guess Nick got his get out of jail free card after all.

They paid for the divorce themselves, because in the IG live Sonia said that when Nick came to her apartment to sign the papers he also paid his half of the divorce costs.

On 3/31/2017 at 10:11 AM, Gobears said:

Jessica Castro has stated in the past that she was going to expose the show's dirt once her NDA expired but I haven't seen or heard anything yet. Maybe she's worried about hurting her burgeoning acting/modeling career?

Yeah she is very into trying to have some sort of acting/modeling career. Which IMO is a big joke but if she did start to blab it could hurt her chances if some found out she had loose lips. Yet you have to wonder what happened with all that crap with her and Ryan? Supposedly they had to go back about the restraining order but never another word on any of their stuff. Did it just not happen and get dropped? I'm surprised it wasn't out there either way since it made news with what happened before and getting the temp order. 

16 hours ago, Mary10 said:

Lilly, Sonia and Heather were hanging out last night. From their snapchat I didn't see a ring on Lilly's finger ...

Interesting. Yet they aren't saying a word on their end yet about things. If they are split too it wouldn't surprise me either since they were so very different as well. If its not being announced yet you have to wonder if the show asked them to hold off for a bit longer with the other 2 finally announcing their divorce. Which btw, if they just signed papers, I would think that means they had their divorce in the works for some time now. Its just they announced it once the papers were signed. I have no clue how FL is with a time table on things between filing and signing the final papers. I know Cali is 6 months (friend's brother in law got divorced here last year). So did they sign the final papers and that is why it was announced? I don't are what Nick and Sonia say, it could be the show pushed harder then we saw for them to stick together for their own reasons. Hell the "experts" were doing it left and right no matter what the issues were between the couples. They did it to Heather but she was strong enough to stand her ground and not be bullied back into that mess. Unlike Sonia who said her gut was telling her not to go back but the "experts" kept telling her to so she let them in her head and did what they wanted. Now I'm curious though about Tom and Lily. 

• Love 1

All the above want some kind of bounce from being on M@Fs so it benefits them to remain in good graces or get the reputation of being difficult.

There are too many talented people vying for the same few roles so Jessica doesn't need any strikes against her getting any future modeling or acting gigs.

As if...

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, gonecrackers said:

ITA. I feel she's fake & attention seeking. It's good she says she wants to 'work on herself' for now, given she seems very insecure, but she should probably leave SM & do that quietly on her own without constantly seeking validation from strangers.

Couldn't agree more.  I thought they were cute together when doing their homeless project, etc.  and found their awkwardness endearing on the show but obviously I was very wrong.  Now they are both acting immature on SM.  Him with the inspirational quotes and her with answering every last thing someone says about her. She even responded negatively to something about him yesterday.  Geez -- get a life. Or maybe I just need to stop following them ;) Playing out your drama on social media is teenage stuff.  Aren't they both in their thirties? 

Edited by amola
  • Love 2

At this point I'm less bothered by Nick's inspirational quotes than I am by Sonia. She said she would stop talking about him after the IG live a week ago, yet everytime I check her Twitter there's some obvious shade there towards Nick. Seriously, if you're so at peace and happy then why are you still so bothered by everything your ex does? And why is she being flirty with that man Nick accused her of cheating with or whatever? When I look at his account I just cringe.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MsPH said:

At this point I'm less bothered by Nick's inspirational quotes than I am by Sonia. She said she would stop talking about him after the IG live a week ago, yet everytime I check her Twitter there's some obvious shade there towards Nick. Seriously, if you're so at peace and happy then why are you still so bothered by everything your ex does? And why is she being flirty with that man Nick accused her of cheating with or whatever? When I look at his account I just cringe.

I am trying to decide if I want to stop following her on Twitter... she simply won't stop with Nick. 

And that guy you are referring to...what a creep.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sonia and Nick were cute on their honeymoon but that was about it. It was obvious from the start that there was nothing between them. Nick showed no interest in her at all and she came off as so desperate for marriage that she was willing to stick with someone whom she had to beg to simply talk to her and show affection and even then he wouldn't comply. SMH. They were doomed from jump. 

@Gobears - Thanks for providing details on the chat Sonia did. I haven't been on this board in a while, but just today thought about Nick/Sonia and was curious to see if they'd imploded yet. Not shocked to find that they have. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, amola said:

Couldn't agree more.  I thought they were cute together when doing their homeless project, etc.  and found their awkwardness endearing on the show but obviously I was very wrong.  Now they are both acting immature on SM.  Him with the inspirational quotes and her with answering every last thing someone says about her. She even responded negatively to something about him yesterday.  Geez -- get a life. Or maybe I just need to stop following them ;) Playing out your drama on social media is teenage stuff.  Aren't they both in their thirties? 

They're definitely acting like teenagers. Nick knows she doesn't like his inspirational posts so he keeps posting them. Sonia knows he doesn't like her flirting with that guy he accused her of cheating with so she keeps flirting with him. So much subtweeting/sub-Instagramming...

Nick's definitely added fuel to the fire by following this crazy woman on Twitter who has tweeted nonstop for over a week and 100+ times about how the divorce is Sonia's fault and liking her tweets. He doesn't need to throw shade at Sonia because this woman is doing it for him and he gets to look like he's above the fray (but not really). And Sonia being Sonia can't stop responding to the crazy chick every once in a while...

Sample of crazy lady's tweets to Nick:

"& I love u...but not in a creepy way...lol..u will make a wonderful husband 1day to someone u chose...#makethisthetrialrun #gotthekinksout"

"@nick_mafs I would love to be your private confidante on this...but I'm a stranger...oh wait...that shouldn't be an obstacle #madeulaugh"

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 1

Sounds to me like Nick posting those so called "inspirational" quotes is him trying to act like he is something he is not so others will think the divorce is her fault. Then liking posts that are made by some wackjob that is probably some obsessed with him freak when she rags on Sonia is just as bad as Sonia replying to things about him...if not worse. Dude is a major douche. Sonia needs to just move on and block him and that crazy from all her SM. That would be the best thing and to not deal with anyone that brings them up. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonia is acting as she is though because Nick has his little "following" believing his BS and she doesn't know how to handle it. So she started acting like him in many ways. She needs to rise above it though if she really wants others to believe she is moving on with her life. I think the best thing in that situation would be if she did that to. Which if she is flirting with some other guy then whatever. I am going to doubt she was cheating because I have a feeling they had been separated a good while and the divorce was probably in the works for a long time. I have a feeling they didn't want to announce it until it was final. Either way though these 2 need to grow up and get off the SM. 

• Love 3

Saw it when doing a search to see if they were casting yet or not since it seems late in the game from past casting and filmings. Usually they put out the call when the other season wraps up. Then filming for it starts during the one the airing of the last filmed one. Wonder if there was a delay in things with not being sure on another season until recently. I didn't see the reddit but it was on a FB page in the search. I wonder how much longer they can keep this show going though. 

HI everyone, I am glad season 5 is back.. hopefully less drama this season. I have done some sleuthing on SM for this season and I get the positive vibe.. 

From my findings, they all got married around the 7-9 of August. That's over 8months... The reddit spoiler was definitely right abt that. I am guessing the experts/producers are trying to make sure they build solid relationship before being criticized in the court of public opinion. Maybe they would have 1yr reunion,  not 6months. 

Sheila and Nate were definitely together as of last month . Great vibes. He definitely seems more mature than 26.. I don't mind if he advertises his Tshirt/business as long as he is committed to the experiment. It would be ridiculous of him not to use the opportunity. I love them together.. I think Pastor Calvin would definitely have a huge impact on this couple .. 

Ashley and Anthony: Might have a rocky start according to reddit spoiler but it seems they are still together. The participants and family are both liking each other''s post on instagram. The families definitely close.. it's seems both were in Florida this past weekend... Good vibe.. 

Danielle and Cody: I also get the we are not together vibe from Danielle''s instagram posts. There was one she posted abt 2weeks after the wedding abt not forcing things.. I don't think she was able to get past the 5yrs age gap.. Cody sounds positive and upbeat. Bad vibe but hoping for the best. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ctbabe said:

From my findings, they all got married around the 7-9 of August. That's over 8months... The reddit spoiler was definitely right abt that. I am guessing the experts/producers are trying to make sure they build solid relationship before being criticized in the court of public opinion. Maybe they would have 1yr reunion,  not 6months. 

Wow, how'd you find out when they got married? Good work sleuthing.

49 minutes ago, Gobears said:

Wow, how'd you find out when they got married? Good work sleuthing.

So I follow All Of Them On instagram.. On The 10/11th Of August, a couple of them posted pictures of exotic places and had leading caption.  also had wedding band on.. (I dont want to mention names yet)

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Gobears said:

Wow, I'm surprised the show lets them post things related to the show on SM before it airs.

Yeah basically it gives it away and there is no surprise on who married who at this point. They shouldn't be putting anything up until the show airs. Since the season hasn't aired we shall see what happens and how they are together. From how its been in the past we have seen plenty of family and friends follow them all and like things posted then the next minute its not that way at all the second something goes sour on the show. I wouldn't be surprised though if the producers and "experts" try to get family and friends involved in making it seem like everything is all hunky dory with the couples no matter what if they can.  

I do wish the show would pick people closer in age though. I wonder if they even asked these women about being with younger guys. As well as not pick them so young since we all know they could still be out there trying many ways to find someone. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Gobears said:

Wow, I'm surprised the show lets them post things related to the show on SM before it airs.

It's their personal instagram account. You have to know what to find if not you probably won't see anything. It's not obvious at all.. 

• Love 1

Just another day before the start of a new season and cast.

Looking forward to learning about their terrible personalities, unconscionable traits and insensitive behaviors by looking at the heavily edited episodes presented to us Thursdays on Lifetime.

It has been 9 months since the episode was shot.

The cast member shouldn't try to rehabilitate their reputation on FB.

No need to Amend or Defend.

• Love 3

I am sure you will  throw your slippers at the screen when M@FS drags out the drama with the same Lifetime commercial of the show they are pushing that week, halting and ruining any viewing enjoyment.

The sex games the relationship expert suggests will be delightfully cringe worthy.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm not looking forward to the way they've been dragging things out with long dramatic pauses & commercial breaks.  I hope they get things going quicker & keep it moving better this season.

One reason dvring it an watching it the next day works best. I can get through it all faster. LOL 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I always have to DVR it too, & probably won't get to it until Sat sometime... but I'll be reading here to find out what's happening.

This is what I do as well. I read to see what went on and once I can watch will toss in my snark as well. LOL 

• Love 1

Super glad to see so many of you again!!  New name, new computer for me...... At first I was all about representing Chicago, but now I'm not so sure...eeeeep!  Might need to watch this again without wine though.

Sonia is throwing so much shade at Nick these days on Twitter, saying that he's short ("5'9" on a good day") and saying how important it is for grooms to make their brides feel beautiful on their wedding day during last night's season 5 premiere. And then she drunk-dialed Nick during her IG Live session with Lilly. He didn't pick up but we all heard his phone number broadcast on his voicemail message.

Girl needs to dial it way back...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Sonia is showing her true colors.   I am tired of her.

Sadly it sounds like someone that is hurting. Which, if she is hurting she is airing it in a way no one should but thanks to SM she isn't the only one that does it. Lily should be telling her to chill if she is a good friend or any of her other ones as well. Nick though showed his true colors during the show and some over time after it as well from the way it sounds. Its just sad that no one learns to step away from SM and that those taking sides on SM don't learn to grow up and not egg on one side or the other to start up the drama too. Another reason that shows how bad SM can be for people. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

Lily should be telling her to chill if she is a good friend or any of her other ones as well.

I'm glad that Lilly was there with Sonia during the IG Live session. She is much better than Sonia at telling off people and standing up for herself. She did help Sonia toward the end when someone asked her how she felt about Nick and Sonia was slurring something like "I don't want to say anything that's not politically correct" and Lilly said it was time for them to shut off the live stream. If only Lily had done that before Sonia drunk dialed Nick...

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Gobears said:

I'm glad that Lilly was there with Sonia during the IG Live session. She is much better than Sonia at telling off people and standing up for herself. She did help Sonia toward the end when someone asked her how she felt about Nick and Sonia was slurring something like "I don't want to say anything that's not politically correct" and Lilly said it was time for them to shut off the live stream. If only Lily had done that before Sonia drunk dialed Nick...

Didn't want to say something that wasn't politically correct huh? Wonder what she wanted to say but got stopped? Agree that Lily should have stopped the drunk dial for sure. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Didn't want to say something that wasn't politically correct huh? Wonder what she wanted to say but got stopped? Agree that Lily should have stopped the drunk dial for sure. 

If I had to guess, she probably wanted to call him an ass or something like that...

I was surprised that she said Nate from the new season seemed very douchey. I thought she'd refrain from insulting the new cast members with her usual sugar-coating.

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Gobears said:

If I had to guess, she probably wanted to call him an ass or something like that...

I was surprised that she said Nate from the new season seemed very douchey. I thought she'd refrain from insulting the new cast members with her usual sugar-coating.

Sonia needs to put a sock in it.  

No need to insult new cast members and Nick.  I could say plenty about my EX on SM but IMO, trashing others like that says more about you than them.

I am sure she is hurting but SM is not the place for it.  

She was my favorite in Season 4- but she reminds me of a high school teenager who can't let go...

• Love 2

I feel I had Sonia read correctly & she's showing it now. So she's insulting new cast members too? What ground does she feel she has for that, what with who she stuck with for almost a year & the way she's handling her own mistakes now, publicly? 

I felt strongly she should've 'done a Heather' & stayed away from Nick permanently after the not attracted shit he pulled. Not to drag it all up again but even if it was staged that made her look a fool. Now she's proving herself to be so. As a 'social worker' she needs to realize it's her own problems she has to deal with, & that using a public stage to do so is inappropriate. This can't possibly help her career wise either; in her line of work in particular she appears even more unprofessional.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I feel I had Sonia read correctly & she's showing it now. So she's insulting new cast members too? What ground does she feel she has for that, what with who she stuck with for almost a year & the way she's handling her own mistakes now, publicly? 

I felt strongly she should've 'done a Heather' & stayed away from Nick permanently after the not attracted shit he pulled. Not to drag it all up again but even if it was staged that made her look a fool. Now she's proving herself to be so. As a 'social worker' she needs to realize it's her own problems she has to deal with, & that using a public stage to do so is inappropriate. This can't possibly help her career wise either; in her line of work in particular she appears even more unprofessional.

I read her 100% wrong.  LOL.  

I agree she appears very unprofessional.  It is sad.  

I don't think she was made to look like a fool, she is doing it to herself.  

wow I need to catch up. I missed Sonia and Lilly IG live.

I never believed Sonia was so nice as she pretended to be from the start. I remember when she used to talk back on twitter whenever people'd write something she didn't like. But yet she kept writing 'be nice to people'

oh and I shouldn't laugh at short people if I'm short myself. She's like an inch tall

17 hours ago, Gobears said:

Could be....I am not surprised that an old cast would make comments on the new cast. Wasn't the trashy season 2 women saying crap and getting in on cold fish Ashley's side? It happens. Honestly I think he is a douche at this point as well. He isn't coming off like a great guy or anything but an immature douche. 

7 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Sonia needs to put a sock in it.  

No need to insult new cast members and Nick.  I could say plenty about my EX on SM but IMO, trashing others like that says more about you than them.

I am sure she is hurting but SM is not the place for it.  

She was my favorite in Season 4- but she reminds me of a high school teenager who can't let go...

Sadly this is what SM is. It seems to turn many into children, make people air their shit out for all to see that normally wouldn't and so on (many reasons I am anti SM).. From what has been said here with Nick on SM he hasn't exactly been great if he has liked negative comments others say on Sonia. He might not say it but he obviously will be quick to hit a like button on something against her. IMO he is playing the same game he did on the show but now on SM. He tried to lay blame on her for everything and never once took responsibility for shit that he did. From what was posted here it seemed he was doing the same thing. Either way they both need to get a clue and step away from the computers/phones/tablets. 

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Sheila and Nate are still together.  She seems to really believe that this marriage is meant to be.  So even if they have problems, she will probably do her best to hang in there.  I think Ashley and Anthony have a lot of potential.  I loved how well their families got along and how much they seemed to want the same things (e.g., kids).  

Thanks in advance to everyone for posting all of the SM clues!!

• Love 1

At this point, I feel like both Sonia and Nick are trying to sway public opinion in their respective favors so they can be on MAFS: Second Chances. Although Nick would be competing against Derek for that slot and the latter would seem to have the edge since his wife dumped him so early on. Sonia's oversharing seems to be turning public favor against her but there are no other women from season 4 who can be on the show (Heather and Lilly are both in relationships) so she seems like a shoo-in. Plus, she has the most SM followers of any of the season 4 cast...

• Love 1

I don't know how reliable SM is as an indicator that a couple is still together. From last season, I wouldn't have guessed that Sonia and Nick were still together at the 6-month mark based on their SM behavior (especially his).

Promos are definitely misleading. The preview of Sheila and Nate arguing on the balcony reminded me of Derek & Heather's blowout during their honeymoon. And last season they didn't show Nick's meltdown in early previews so I'm wondering if there's some huge fight this season that they aren't showing us yet.

• Love 2