Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

4,543 steps yesterday. Don't know if I will ever see anything around 10,000 steps again... makes me sad.

Adjusting goals is to be expected, and the frustration that comes with it is, also. Hugs.

Have you been able to pick up your glasses yet?

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Adjusting goals is to be expected, and the frustration that comes with it is, also. Hugs.

Have you been able to pick up your glasses yet?

Thanks, yes it is hard/frustrating to adjust. I am trying hard to just go with the flow.

No, haven't been feeling like driving up to town yet. Hopefully this week some time

• Like 2
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Please forgive my lamentable memory, but what did the doctor say was the problem with the knee?  I hope it improves soon.

Thanks, me too.  I had to postpone the dr appointment because knee was too sore to drive up to town. I've fallen on that same knee at least 5 times in the last 8 months. There are many days when it is fine and then others when it really aches.

• Hugs 1

6,342 steps yesterday.

It's still early today, but knee seems to feel better so far. Yesterday was another 2 patch day which works out to just about all my awake time. Still not going to push it.

• Love 7

6,008 steps yesterday. Only a one patch day.

Woke with a very stiff neck, guess I slept oddly the night before. By afternoon I gave in and took an Aleve. It helped my knee more than neck. Evening I had to switch to Advil as out of Aleve. Neck started to feel better. Slept fairly well last night, neck better today, but will do Advil through today and see how neck is tomorrow.

I really hate to take any kind of pain pills...

• Like 4
  • Love 2

7,254 steps yesterday.

Neck much better and the Advil helps knee. I just don't want to be reliant to meds to make knee better, the patches help too. Ache has travelled to low back, not surprised as I sleep uncomfortably trying to get neck just right. Will stick with Advil another day.

• Love 6

7,908 steps yesterday.

Still on the Advil regimen, going to push the dosages out to the max today. Neck is better every day, but I worry that I am just masking the problem with my knee. Have to admit though it is nice to have it not hurt constantly and to take more steps w/out consciously pushing. 

• Hugs 1
  • Love 3

I hope you'll be able to see a doctor about the knee soon.  It sounds rather like my back.  I hadn't brought it up yet and the doctor went has anyone told you that you have osteoarthritis in your spine? I was all oh it wasn't just overuse helping my daughter with the baby? 

I'm sitting right now because I did some cleaning.  I'm limited to about 15 minutes of work and then 15 minutes of sitting or lying down unless I take ibuprofen or Tylenol.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 4
(edited)

I'm hoping I can get to my pcp appointment on the 10th. Probably with the Advil I will be able to drive there. I have all sorts of things wrong with my back, but I think the knee issues are from the falls I taken recently. Given how it responds to the weather though, there is a chance it is some arthritis. 

I was a nationally competitive gymnast in college (a long time ago), and as a younger adult did a lot of 10K runs and a few 1/2 marathons, then later did a lot of hiking and backpacking in the wilderness. So my knees have taken a lot of abuse over the years so arthritis wouldn't be a big surprise.

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

I'm hoping I can get to my pcp appointment on the 10th. Probably with the Advil I will be able to drive there. I have all sorts of things wrong with my back, but I think the knee issues are from the falls I taken recently. Given how it responds to the weather though, there is a chance it is some arthritis. 

I was a nationally competitive gymnast in college (a long time ago), and as a younger adult did a lot of 10K runs and a few 1/2 marathons, then later did a lot of hiking and backpacking in the wilderness. So my knees have taken a lot of abuse over the years so arthritis wouldn't be a big surprise.

Good to check it out.  Its always possible there is something else going on, maybe that can be addressed and give relief.

• Like 4

6,794 steps yesterday. The heat slowed me down a bit.

The Advil really seems to be helping my knee! My neck is getting better day by day. I just don't want to take the Advil much longer.

• Love 5

A very surprising 8,112 steps yesterday!

Still taking Advil but at a lesser dose. After today's quick errand run, I'll take one more then wean myself off. Then see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

7,955 steps yesterday.

Shopping helped but surprising was it didn't "kill" me this time. Bought new Salonpas patches with Lidocaine, put one on when I got home and knee didn't bother me much at all. (These don't smell like the other ones and stay on better.)

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Better fortune tomorrow!

The tendonitis in my hip is acting up.  I barely made it from the hospital to the parking lot.

Sorry about your hip hope it feels better soon.

Tomorrow I see my pcp. Hopefully he will have an answer about my knee.

• Love 6

6,339 steps yesterday.

My pcp said I could have a torn meniscus in my knee or maybe just arthritis. He set me up with an Orthopedist that I need to call Monday for the exact date. Pcp said I should try a steroid shot first and see if that helps. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1