Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Love at First Stroke

• Start Topic

Chris Harrison swings by the course; eight single mini-golfers see if they can hit it off while they tee it off, hoping to fall in love before they fall into the icy water; difficult ball placements on hole number two lead to trick shot attempts.

(edited)

I'm guessing it was all scripted, but I love the winner jumping in the water so the lifeguard could save her again.   

Joe T saying Uranus is hysterical.  I really liked the play last night.   The last person in the porta potty that nailed the contestants should get a bonus.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

This was a perfect episode as far as I'm concerned.  Four Round 1 holes, all have water hazards, and every single contestant fell in.  I rewound the portapotty hole many times.  The way those two ladies got doored was nothing short of spectacular.

As far as who won, I couldn't care less.  I'm just here to see people falling into the water.  The Polecano and Portapotty holes are my favourites.

The commentary from Chris Harrison, and the cuts to the lifeguard, were hilarious.

• Love 3
On 7/12/2020 at 7:44 AM, mertensia said:

Even Chris Harrison seemed to think watching people fall in the water is about the Best thing ever. 

Let's all hope he takes back the idea to add a water hazard to his shows. Or at the very least a zip line that flings some of those people into a pole at high speed.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Let's all hope he takes back the idea to add a water hazard to his shows. Or at the very least a zip line that flings some of those people into a pole at high speed.

It would work beautifully in Bachelor in Paradise, wouldn't it?

• Love 1

Hmm, the "most dramatic ____ ever" ending sure would have been a bust had the guy won. Unless every contestant was told to flirt with the lifeguard and they only included footage of the winner. But between this and the guy from a few weeks back who brought along his entourage of Hollywood B-listers and lost only to get called back when one of the finalists mysteriously dropped out and ultimately win thus ensuring a "star" studded finale, I'm thinking the only real thing about the show is the wipeouts. Which is a shame because I didn't get that "this all seems fake" vibe last season.

Despite that, I'm still in for the commentary. I love Rob's constant delight hearing "Uranus" and his astonishment that people would willingly zipline straight to that pole rather than just take the stroke penalty.

I could have sworn Wipeout did a blind dating episode once, and this same exact thing happened where the woman supposedly dumped her match for the lifeguard. I've definitely seen this play out somewhere before on a TV show competition like this.

• Love 1

My guess is there's a ton of raw footage of the contestants, and the show can tweak story lines to fit.   I'm guessing the winner was always going to go with the life guard, and if she would have come in second, she still would have jumped in the water.  

Hey, as an audience member I can tell you this show is a mix of real, scripted, and opportunity.  Contestants really have to win and are told before hand only if it is one and done or best out of game (i.e. 2 out of 3).  In-between or after rounds they may have them say or do something, but nothing that affects the winner and/or outcome.  There is a lot of footage that is cut and a great editor can make a hole look completely different depending on how they want it to look after.  As for the guy coming back on...  A contestant did get hurt just enough they did not want to continue.  The guy that was eliminated earlier did have to win the extra hole and win the final to continue. If you like him or not he still had celebrity friends so you can not fault the show for capitalizing on that.   So the opportunity part is depending on what happens (how they fall in, if they get hole in one, or miss so bad it is good) the editors are able to adjust that to the narrative they want to post for that nights episode but the contestants still have to win it.   

Hope that helps to further enjoy the show!!!  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3