Type keyword(s) to search

S12.W13 (E55-57)

• Start Topic

Wait...WTF just happened?!

I was SO convinced that Callum would be the one to go home tonight, especially after he did so badly in the first round, that I mentally prepared for it.  And even after Poh veered into disaster in round 2, I was ready to get my rage on because I was waiting for the judges to yet again find an excuse to put her through despite flaws in the dish because they've done it quite a lot already.  But then when Andy said she was going home I was absolutely astonished.  I just thought she was a shoo-in for top 2 and I have the whole time. 

That certainly puts the spoiler cat amongst the pigeons!

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh wow! I did not see that one coming. I’m so glad Callum is safe especially since he screwed up his sauce in round 1, but I for real didn’t expect them to actually send Poh home. I still would have preferred it to have been Reece but good on him for pulling a Jess and making a dessert from less obvious ingredients (though Jess would have used the mushrooms too). I thought his crisps looked unappetising personally but at least it wasn’t a tart and it seemed a step up from his usual level of dish.

Emilia is a machine. I love watching her work. Competence is basically my favourite thing it might be boring tv but it’s nice to watch someone do their thing with calm and confidence. It was the reason Billie and Diana were my favs in their seasons. 

Also I have to say I loved the pressure test dish. It was nice to see a savoury recipe and an almost veggie one at that. 

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 3

I was also afraid Callum was going home, especially after the judges tasted his 2nd round dish and said they would be hard pressed to put his dish at the bottom.  At least they can't push Poh into top 2.  It was nice to hear that she and Callum have been friends for all these years.  What I find interesting is that there has been no mention in this season at all that Callum won the last all star series they did.  What I found funny was that Mel put Reece in the same category as Poh and Callum when she mentioned the caliber of the 2nd round cooks.  Reece has improved since his first season, but he was not and is not on the same level as the other two imo. 

• Love 2

Okay last week you guys were hiding out in the previous week's thread, and this week you are talking about last week's elmination in this week's thread. ... ...I'm starting to think you are trying to ditch me! : D

I was so tense the whole elimination. Poh botched the pressure test and then decides to not only do a dish she already knows well in the second round (of course), but it's a dish she's already done in the competition! And that music as she was faltering at the end was like something from a scene out of Saving Private Ryan for fuck's sake. Anyway, she still screwed it up, but I was sure they would somehow find a way to put her in the top two. I was totally prepared to be all...

images.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I enjoyed tonight's episode for the most part because at least Reece wasn't part of the top three, which is a good start, and Callum is and made a beautiful dish which really looked the way he said it would, and I bet it was delicious too. But Reynold's sad little mushroom stalk - I don't know what to say about it without sounding like a pervert so here goes.  It looked at one stage like he was trying to fashion a shrivelled uncircumcised penis.  There, I said it. 🤣 But it doesn't matter because it looks like he has a massive tongue bath coming his way tomorrow and will win the last immunity for sure.  I'm sorry but I think the guy is overrated.  Talented, yes, but not the biggest thing the dessert world has ever seen. And in a way, I blame him for several years of Masterchef contestant dessert chef wannabes with their parfaits, granitas, soils, sorbets, ice creams and bloody blast chillers.  And not a single one of them knows how to actually bake anything.  OK, rant over, and I hope I'm wrong about tomorrow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, katisha said:

But Reynold's sad little mushroom stalk - I don't know what to say about it without sounding like a pervert so here goes.  It looked at one stage like he was trying to fashion a shrivelled uncircumcised penis.  There, I said it. 🤣 But it doesn't matter because it looks like he has a massive tongue bath coming his way tomorrow and will win the last immunity for sure.  I'm sorry but I think the guy is overrated. 

I agree - I also said the word 'penis' out loud before Reynold said it looked like a shit!  

Personally, I'm hoping the lovingly crafted, tongue bath promo for tomorrow is a misdirect!

I also would not order a dessert that tasted like mushrooms!  Even though I love mushrooms!

24 minutes ago, katisha said:

I enjoyed tonight's episode for the most part because at least Reece wasn't part of the top three, which is a good start, and Callum is and made a beautiful dish which really looked the way he said it would, and I bet it was delicious too.

Yay Callum!!!!!

I am beside myself with joy that Callum made it through after everyone kept saying he had too many elements.  His dish sounded amazing.

Reece made a Magnum!  Badly!  I was also cranky at the beginning as he just took the entire bowl of macadamias - too bad if anyone else wanted any!

I really wish Emelia had been top three instead of Reynold!

• Love 4
(edited)

Yay Callum and Laura! Obviously they have no chance of winning immunity against granita soil Reynold but I’m glad their dishes were appreciated. Laura’s pasta looked so good i wanted a taste. Callum’s dish was also so damn pretty with the shards I’m glad he’s having a good run.

I can’t believe Emelia wasn’t top 3 with her dish. I know it’s just s’mores but it was fancy s’mores damnit! and something I don’t think I’ve ever seen on Masterchef before (not to mention I think it was the first inelegant bite I saw Melissa take! )so she should have got points for originality over Reynold’s latest variation of the same old dish.

1 hour ago, katisha said:

I'm sorry but I think the guy is overrated.  Talented, yes, but not the biggest thing the dessert world has ever seen.

I’m totally with you. He has skills no doubt but either he’s lazy or very limited in imagination. All his desserts are the same. Not as basic as tart boy Reece but you always know it’s a Reynold dessert. There’s a soil, and ice cream/parfait, granita, shards and occasionally a mousse or sponge. It’s boring. I don’t even find his flavours interesting either it’s always fairly classic/safe combinations. I said it before and I’ll say it again I think Jess is a better chef than him.

Reece, bless him, showing how completely outclassed he is in the field. His ice lolly didn’t even look that nice. I guess I should be grateful it wasn’t a tart but he really showed he’s just not on par with the others. I really hope he goes next, it would be a crime if any of the others went home before him.

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 3

I am really happy that Callum made it into the immunity challenge.  I started watching in season 2.  He was my favorite then and he's my favorite now.  Besides his amazing cooking ability. I love his personality and his sense of humor.  However, I think the preview with Reynold was so over the top, so I will be surprised if he is not the one to win immunity tomorrow.

• Love 3

ReyRey and ReeReece have no RaRange. Outside of the nitrogen station or tart shell they are both lost. And I think Lozzie(?) has proven she's not just "Pasta again?" (despite tonight).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, about Reynold's dish ~he said he was just happy he was able to get it up, but I was unmoved by the size of his stalk. 

I did rather enjoy this last cook. It was mostly just creative and happy. You see show, we do not need the frantic unnecessary drama of a Poh cook to be entertained. ... ... And just as I was thinking that to myself the preview for tomorrow came on. OH. MY. GOD. I have not seen such offensive theatrics since Cats, the movie.

For me, either Callum or Emelia need to win this, as they have both shown amazing savory and sweet dishes across a broad range. Especially Callum.  

Edited by TVbitch
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, misgabi13 said:

I really wish Emelia had been top three instead of Reynold!

Same. The moment there were 4/5 who had gotten rave reviews but only 3 could make it into immunity, I knew Emelia would be the one sacrificed at the altar of Reynold. Such a damn shame.

14 hours ago, dippydee said:

(not to mention I think it was the first inelegant bite I saw Melissa take! )

I know, right? That had to be worth at least a couple of extra points!

The fact that Emelia and Laura made it this far both in their original season and in this one warms the cockles of my heart. What a special thing to share with each other.

Reece being in the freaking top 5 instead of the likes of Tessa or Poh is honestly still completely laughable to me. And is it just me or is the feedback he gets always so coddling? It's always "Brilliant, amazing, fantastic, the only thing I didn't like is X, but it's such a small thing so don't even think about that because you did such a wonderful job!". Like come on, the dude made a popsicle. He is nowhere near the same level as Callum's chocolate leaves and, at this stage in the competition, he should be told as much.

Can't wait to watch Reynold win the last immunity tomorrow! /sarcasm

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, SnideAsides said:

This show really has to find ways to stop players making dishes they've already perfected. It's just not interesting watching Reynold make a dish from his restaurant.

Especially when the editors pretty much gave away the "mystery" of who would win immunity at the end of last night's episode.  We all knew damn well it was going to be Reynold.  And really, though that dish was impressive and showy and I don't doubt it tasted good, it's still yet another variation on the frozen dome with an oozy centre, a chocolate coating, a snow/granita and possibly toxic levels of liquid nitrogen, so I have to question how much progress Reynold has actually made when he's still making versions of the same things, knitted together with sometimes very thin "concepts".  This one happened to work but mostly they don't.

And I know that all sounds like sour grapes because I wanted Callum or even Laura to win instead, but it was just hard watching them work their guts out producing excellent dishes and yet you could tell they both KNEW they weren't going to beat BlastChillerBoi. 

Edited by katisha
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, katisha said:

And I know that all sounds like sour grapes because I wanted Callum or even Laura to win instead, but it was just hard watching them work their guts out producing excellent dishes and yet you could tell they both KNEW they weren't going to beat BlastChillerBoi. 

I totally agree!  It was really sad to watch them both cook killer dishes they knew wouldn't beat BlastChillerBoi (TM Katisha!).

Wasn't he lucky that the MC kitchen had wing moulds for tuille in several sizes!!!!  Almost like they knew he would need something that specific!

I am really annoyed that the tongue licking promo from last night wasn't a misdirect.

Actually, I'm more annoyed that given the challenge Callum and Laura both made super delicious looking dishes that the judges loved and were nothing I've ever seen before and, as Katisha said of what Reynold made:

20 minutes ago, katisha said:

it's still yet another variation on the frozen dome with an oozy centre, a chocolate coating, a snow/granita and possibly toxic levels of liquid nitrogen

Reynold even said several times it was his 'big gun' dish that he had been waiting to make.

Best part of the night was Mel taking such a dainty bite of that fab looking crab snack Laura made (guess she saw the optics of her biting into the s'mores dish last night that should have put its maker into this cook).

Off to prepare to cook chicken liver parfait for tomorrow - because I have not done so for years and am now wondering why!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, misgabi13 said:

Wasn't he lucky that the MC kitchen had wing moulds for tuille in several sizes!!!!  Almost like they knew he would need something that specific!

Oh, indeed, @misgabi13. What are the odds! 😆

So I see they gave up pretending that the contestants haven’t been basically doing free cooks for most of the season and finally openly called it a free cook which is nice. 
Meh on Reynold’s win. I honestly thought it was the worst dish of the 3. Both Callum and Laura did something different, inventive and pretty as a picture (I thought Laura’s especially looked gorgeous, her plate just looked perfect) and as many have said upthread they obviously had no chance to win. Reynold’s dish was boring standard Reynold dish. It was basically the same as that apple dish he did in his season that put him on the map, just a snitch and some additional white stuff instead, all variations on a theme.  I’m disappointed in the judges for their chronic over praise of someone doing the same cook every time.

1 hour ago, misgabi13 said:

Best part of the night was Mel taking such a dainty bite of that fab looking crab snack Laura made

Lol! I noticed that too! I love watching Mel eat, she’s always so careful and precise, even makes eating noodles look graceful. I can’t believe it was s’mores that did her in.

1 hour ago, misgabi13 said:

Reynold even said several times it was his 'big gun' dish that he had been waiting to make.

That’s sad. It reminds me of when Reece was so desperate to make his lemon tart and the result was just ehhh. Reynold’s signature dish might have been technically miles better but left me feeling the same unimpressed ehhhh.

• Love 2

Reynold: "This season, my dishes have been inspired by love, god, the universe and world peace, but I've been saving one dish this whole competition, and I'm going to do it tonight! Now is the time! [music swells] I'm going to make a dish inspired by.... Harry Potter." I busted out laughing, people. 

Mel: "Look at these tuiles. Reynold didn't just make tuiles, he BENT the tuiles! This is tuiles on a whole other magical level that I have never seen before." OMG, she went on about how they were curved twice! 

I'm sorry but that dish did not even look appetizing to me. It looked like a football helmet for some team called the Golden State Finches. Meanwhile, Callum's dish looked amazing. It had just as many bits and bobs as Reynold's, and all the judges thought it was very creative and next level. They all cleaned their plates. Jock pronounced it one of the best liver parfaits he'd ever had. And Laura's was totally unique and beautiful, too. Maybe if they had dunked them in liquid nitrogen so their dishes could emerge from a billowy mist they would have had a shot. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

That immunity challenge was so friggin' annoying.  Callum AND Laura produced creative, delicious, next level dishes.  Reynold stuck wings (from a mold!) on his same old same old dessert.  For the whole cook, the judges just couldn't wait for Reynold's dessert!  Blecch.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, babs1226 said:

That immunity challenge was so friggin' annoying.  Callum AND Laura produced creative, delicious, next level dishes.  Reynold stuck wings (from a mold!) on his same old same old dessert.  For the whole cook, the judges just couldn't wait for Reynold's dessert!  Blecch.

I know, right? Judges to Callum: "Hmm, we've eaten 10,000 chicken liver parfaits so yours better be perfect or else!" Judges to Laura: "So, you're just making a couple of snacks?" Judges to Reynold: "OMIGOURD, you're making the GOLDEN SNITCH from HARRY POTTER?! This is the most amazing concept EVAH! It's going to go down in MASTERCHEF HISTORY!!!!!" And this, mind you, before they'd tasted a single bite of it.

Something smells fishier than Laura's dish last night.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

What else can be said that hasn't already been said about Reynold's SHOCKING immunity win. Is there any suspense left when it's obvious the only real competition left is that for second place? Meh.

That said, I did enjoy Jock's total lack of Harry Potter knowledge (saying the Snitch was "from the movie", asking if it was edible) in contrast with Mel and Andy's detailed explanations of what it was. Mel being an HP fan was the only shocking thing about this episode (in a good way!)

11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Reynold: "This season, my dishes have been inspired by love, god, the universe and world peace, but I've been saving one dish this whole competition, and I'm going to do it tonight! Now is the time! [music swells] I'm going to make a dish inspired by.... Harry Potter." I busted out laughing, people. 

This cracked me up. I wrote my master's thesis on HP, though, so I am not one to judge its use as inspiration in life-defining achievements. 

Edited by Niuxita
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Well, it should have happened weeks and weeks ago but finally Reece has been eliminated. I feel a bit sad for him because all this fulsome praise he's been getting in recent weeks from the judges might have made him believe he was actually on the same level as the other four, but I don't know that he ever was.

I was half thinking it might be Callum because of that bizarre "off-the-cuff" remark by Jock before the cook even started where he implied Callum had "the wobbles" and looked visibly unhappy to have drawn the dessert course. Way before Callum became a food industry professional, he made his Masterchef name cooking desserts so I don't see why that would have given him even the slightest qualms but whatever, dude. 😏 In saying that, there's no doubt he is an overthinker and I'm sure that's what was bothering him more, not having to make a dessert i.e. he knows that having too much time is not good for his type of brain.  I get that because I'm just the same. I think that would have been a superb dessert without the last two things he added, from the sounds.

It's been a weird season towards the end thanks to COVID but I'm still going to miss this show and you guys. Now let's see if we can get Emilia or Callum home in first place!

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, katisha said:

Well, it should have happened weeks and weeks ago but finally Reece has been eliminated. I feel a bit sad for him because all this fulsome praise he's been getting in recent weeks from the judges might have made him believe he was actually on the same level as the other four, but I don't know that he ever was.

I agree - whilst I'm sorry Reece looked so sad at going he definitely wasn't in the same league as the others.

It was well beyond his time to leave.

51 minutes ago, katisha said:

I was half thinking it might be Callum because of that bizarre "off-the-cuff" remark by Jock before the cook even started where he implied Callum had "the wobbles" and looked visibly unhappy to have drawn the dessert course.

There was also the point where he was sitting waiting the 4 (?) hours to start cooking when he commented that he did better in short cooks as he didn't overcomplicate the dish!

Emelia's and Laura's dishes both looked and sounded amazing!

I don't understand why nobody every acknowledges that Callum won the series of All-Stars they did for charity that he won!

Just have to sit her now with my fingers crossed for the Emelia and Callum final I really want to see!

• Love 2

Whew, that was a little too close for comfort, Callum!  Reece was the right person to go home, so thank goodness it ended up that way.  I didn't really understand why Reece was putting chocolate in his dish, but his slip in calling his dish a dessert was pretty funny.  I also thought it was funny that Mel used vegan and goat's cheese in the same sentence.  As far as I know, no animal milk is vegan.

I have a question for the Aussie peeps.  Here in the US, the terms sorbet and sherbert are virtually interchangeable.  What exactly is sherbert in Oz?  It kind of looked like a powder.  

I am happy with the final four for this season.  It will be interesting to see how Reynold does against the other three, who are, in my opinion, all better savory cooks than he is.

• Love 3
(edited)

Finally! I have been waiting weeks for that elimination. Reece was nowhere near the others in ability and it showed once again when he just started chucking random things onto his dish. He doesn’t seem to have the understanding of flavours the others do (saffron ice cream just because it’s yellow), he’s fine with simple things but really seemed to struggle when it came to doing anything more complex or fine dining type stuff. I did like the guy and I probably would have felt sad about his elimination if it had been weeks ago but since he outlasted Tessa and Poh I’m just more pleased than anything else. 

29 minutes ago, babs1226 said:

I also thought it was funny that Mel used vegan and goat's cheese in the same sentence.  As far as I know, no animal milk is vegan.

I noticed that too. I think they called his dish vegan a couple of times, did they miss the giant goats cheese? Or did they mean the dish was being cooked by a vegan? Either way it was a little odd.

5 hours ago, katisha said:

bizarre "off-the-cuff" remark by Jock before the cook even started where he implied Callum had "the wobbles" and looked visibly unhappy to have drawn the dessert course.

I thought the judges were generally a bit weird with the comments today, not only to Callum but also talking about Emelia’s risk taking in cooking fish. That was what she picked, it’s not like she could serve them chicken instead.

Overall I’m happy with the top 4 (though I’d have been happier to have Tessa and Jess over Reynold and Laura) and crossing my fingers for an Emelia/Callum finale even though I’m thinking it’s probably Reynold/Laura since the judges seem to like them more.  

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 2

While the others have evolved into professional level chefs, Reece remains a high level amatuer cook who really excels at tarts and maybe one or two other things. He did well making it this far and seems like a sweet, fun guy. 

Overall, I was a bit underwhelmed by the dishes today. I mean, they were well cooked and tasted great, but nothing blew me away or made me really REALLY want to eat it.

Jock was sure working over his worry beads this episode. Also why did he say to Emelia, "Cooking fish is risky; why are  you going down this path?" Um, cuz that is what she pulled out of the fucking bag, Jock!"     

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Jock was sure working over his worry beads this episode.

I get the feeling he was trying to manufacture some suspense, because unless Reece got the chance to make a tart and all the others had a shockingly bad cook it was Obvious who was going to go. There’s a pretty big gap between him and the others and nobody to hide behind any more. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, babs1226 said:

Whew, that was a little too close for comfort, Callum!  Reece was the right person to go home, so thank goodness it ended up that way.  I didn't really understand why Reece was putting chocolate in his dish, but his slip in calling his dish a dessert was pretty funny.  I also thought it was funny that Mel used vegan and goat's cheese in the same sentence.  As far as I know, no animal milk is vegan.

I have a question for the Aussie peeps.  Here in the US, the terms sorbet and sherbert are virtually interchangeable.  What exactly is sherbert in Oz?  It kind of looked like a powder.  

Yeah, unless cashews or almonds or soy beans are secretly animals. 

I'm not Australian, but wikipedia has your answer about what sherbet is in the UK and Australia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherbet_(powder)

I understand why the editors would try to raise false suspense that Callum's dish was anywhere close to as bad as Reece's, but the combination of that and the week or two of "Reece can totally win this whole thing!" strikes me as incredibly patronizing toward viewers. I know:  If I want a Masterchef in which the judges are honest, it's the UK version, and I do watch and enjoy that one. 

I've only been watching Sunday episodes, and I'm not sad I missed Reynold's Harry golden ball. The dessert Callum made tonight looked and sounded better anyway. I'm fine with anyone but Reynold winning, but Callum has really grown on me this season. In his original season, it irritated me how the judges were like "youngest contestant EVER" but that's obviously an edit that works with viewers because they did that for so many contestants over the years. And it wasn't Callum's fault, obviously.

• Love 2

Well, balance has finally been restored to the Universe. 

I was so afraid for Emelia the moment she picked fish and Reece picked what he wanted (and ESPECIALLY after the judges basically gave him a blueprint of what he needed to do to make his dish better while he was cooking), but thankfully, the chips fell where they were supposed to and, instead, we got a flipping Laura/Emelia top 2 for what I think is the second week in a row. Wee!

When I saw the preview for this episode, I thought they were going to be cooking for past eliminated contestants from this season, but maybe for finals week!

9 hours ago, dippydee said:

Overall I’m happy with the top 4 (though I’d have been happier to have Tessa and Jess over Reynold and Laura)

I agree in that I would have wanted Tessa or Jess (and to a lesser extent Poh) to still be here instead of Reece or Reynold, though I am happy with Laura still being here. I would love anyone but Reynold to take it all, but I realize that's probably a long shot.

I can't believe this is the last week of this show! What am I gonna look forward to every week now in the wasteland of nothingness that is COVID life?? More importantly, am I really gonna have to wait a year to see Melissa again on a regular basis on my TV??!! Sadness all around. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, babs1226 said:

It is usually a lolly (like Wizz Fizz) and is a powder that fizzes on your tongue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, misgabi13 said:

It is usually a lolly (like Wizz Fizz) and is a powder that fizzes on your tongue.

Thank you for this!  Your sherbet has only one r.  lol.  When I was a kid, we had Fizzies drink tablets that we mixed with water.  Apparently they are still available on the internet.  It seems to be a similar product.  I have seen contestants use pop rocks before.  This is the first time I recall someone using sherbet.  Now I know!

• Love 1

Really glad to see Emilia beating Reynold tonight, I have to say.  She is good and she knows it but still retains enough humility to realise that the others are also really good in their own right.  I am not sure Reynold feels the same way as there's quite a bit of arrogance there.

Mentally preparing myself for Callum to go tomorrow night. I feel like the editors are telegraphing it.  Maybe it's because even though it never gets mentioned, he already DID win one edition of Masterchef so they feel he's had his turn, or maybe it's that he seems to almost be going rogue in the laste few episodes and trying really "out there" stuff.  It's unfortunate it hasn't quite worked but at least he's tried to do something different. Well, it seemed a hell of a lot more original than Laura's fish and vegetables.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, babs1226 said:

When I was a kid, we had Fizzies drink tablets that we mixed with water.  Apparently they are still available on the internet.  It seems to be a similar product. 

Ours used to come in a bag and you would scoop it up on a piece of liquorice or a tiny spoon.  But that was 30-40 years ago when I first had it!

Chefs these days seem to just sprinkle it onto the food.

• Love 2

Yay Emelia! I’m so glad she won. That crispy compressed choux looked really interesting and her dish looked yummy. It was also nice to Reynold cooking something other than his standard dessert. I thought his dish looked great too but I’m still glad Emelia got through. 

1 hour ago, katisha said:

Mentally preparing myself for Callum to go tomorrow night.

Me too. He’s my other fav but unless Laura and Reynold use salt instead of sugar (or vice versa) I just can’t see the judges sending either of them home over Callum. I hope I’m wrong though. 

• Love 1

Nice to see Gordon again. I'd still take him over Jock or Andy. At least he has a sense of humor. I feel like this whole season I haven't really gotten to know Andy or Jock at all. With Mel, I feel like I've gotten to know her a bit as we went along. When you think about people like Gordon, Marco, Marcus, Matt and Garry ~you feel like (for better or worse) you know who they are. I do hope we are not stuck with Andy and Jock for years and years. 

Thank goodness Emilia is safe, so the elimination will not be entirely stressful.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

I do hope we are not stuck with Andy and Jock for years and years

I find Jock a little grumpy and kind of a downer at times but I don’t mind him so much because at least he shows some knowledge about food (except Asian food). Andy on the other hand seems like a great guy to have a drink with but not so much a food judge. He’s trying but critiques like ‘banging’ and ‘smashed it’ don’t really tell me anything as a viewer. If I had to pick one, I’d keep Jock but replace Andy.

Melissa however is an absolute gem and an utter delight. They’re lucky to have found her, I feel like she’s really carried the judging this season.

• Love 2