Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Lovers' Quarrel

• Start Topic

So, can Kite Man go away now? I mean, I loved him as an occasional comedy relief character, but giving him a ginormous extended romance/tragedy arc in which nobody in the audience was even rooting for him was a questionable plot choice. Now, not only would laughing at him not be as funny, but his novelty has worn off as well. I get it. He's a doofus with a kite, and it was hilarious the first 900 times. Now let Ivy go back to spending most of her time with the main cast, please.

• Love 2

How exactly would a threesome between the Bats, Wonder Woman and Superman work? Wouldn't two of them have to de-power somehow to make it happen?

Dr Psycho didn't need to blow up Harley & Ivy's spot like that. He needs a harsher consequence than a baseball bat to the head.

Knowing how Ivy is, she'll probably still try and push through with this wedding but I don't see them actually completing their vows tbh

Bane! Missed you buddy

• Love 5
On 6/20/2020 at 11:09 AM, paigow said:

Where is Riddler

Not sure...maybe he ran off to Scandinavia? 

I knew Sy was coming back one way or another! It would be a waste if he didn't. And I've gotta say this has to be the most competent Kite Man's ever been, even if his "true love's kiss" failed miserably. I might have guessed they were going to use the true-love's-kiss-breaks-the-spell trope with Harlivy in this episode even without the preview pics. I mean sure, it's just as likely that Doctor Psycho being distracted/aroused by them kissing is what broke his mind control over Ivy, but it was still framed that way.

I had the same reaction as Harley when Clayface turned giant, like "Were you able to do that this whole time?!" And honestly Superman, "just put them in the Phantom Zone" can't be your solution for everything! 

Psycho, you asshole! This is why Ivy should have told Kite Man about her affair with Harley before--he was bound to find out sooner or later, and in the worst possible way. Between that and the potential Batman/Wonder Woman/Superman threesome underway, "I need a cigarette" is right. I'm nervous for the season finale this week. 🙃

• Love 2
On 6/19/2020 at 12:21 PM, CletusMusashi said:

So, can Kite Man go away now? I mean, I loved him as an occasional comedy relief character, but giving him a ginormous extended romance/tragedy arc in which nobody in the audience was even rooting for him was a questionable plot choice. Now, not only would laughing at him not be as funny, but his novelty has worn off as well. I get it. He's a doofus with a kite, and it was hilarious the first 900 times. Now let Ivy go back to spending most of her time with the main cast, please.

I'm just now getting around to watching the show because I have Max now but I have no idea what you are going on about in regards to Kiteman. You don't like or care about? Cool. That's not how everyone feels.

I've grown to love him. My issue with the storyline is me enjoying the romance of Kiteman and Ivy makes me despise this pivot to Ivy and Harley romantically. 

But hey, if there is ever way to have to characters of the same gender fall in love, most people will want it. Not that it's bad. But, it's getting more and more rare to not have a same gender friendship be shipped to death. I loved their friendship. I was hoping that they would realize that they are each other's soulmate but they don't have to actually BE together.

And I don't fuck with cheaters on tv shows. Never something I will champion.

• Love 2
On 1/2/2021 at 12:33 AM, Racj82 said:

I'm just now getting around to watching the show because I have Max now but I have no idea what you are going on about in regards to Kiteman. You don't like or care about? Cool. That's not how everyone feels.

I've grown to love him. My issue with the storyline is me enjoying the romance of Kiteman and Ivy makes me despise this pivot to Ivy and Harley romantically. 

But hey, if there is ever way to have to characters of the same gender fall in love, most people will want it. Not that it's bad. But, it's getting more and more rare to not have a same gender friendship be shipped to death. I loved their friendship. I was hoping that they would realize that they are each other's soulmate but they don't have to actually BE together.

And I don't fuck with cheaters on tv shows. Never something I will champion.

You do realize they are using the comics canon right for Ivy/Harls

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Skyfall said:

You do realize they are using the comics canon right for Ivy/Harls

You may also realize that my problem with the story line is how it was written. Ivy/Harley being together is whatever. They don't have to put them together romantically. That's a choice they made. Something being canon doesn't have anything to do with what's being done in other mediums. Stories are changed all the time. But, they want them to be in love more than just friendship? Okay. The way they wrote it, to me, doesn't make either of them look good. All the way down to making Kiteman, who was the only wronged party, be forced to end it because Ivy wouldn't just sucks. I know they are flawed human beings/villains, etc etc. But, I was hoping if they went there, they would have them break up before Ivy and Harley did anything. The ending just left me cold with how it was written. I also liked what Kiteman and Ivy brought out in each other. I just thought it was really sweet and grounded surrounded by the craziness.

• Love 1