Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Auditions 4

• Start Topic

I could be wrong, because the first 'America's Got Talent' was so long ago, that I can't remember it very well.  I got the impression that the people auditioning actually did live in America.  They may have immigrated from other countries, but I thought they were mainly Americans.  Now the show is so big that people win AGT in their own countries and just travel around going on any talent show that will take them.  It's almost as if, being on talent shows is their career.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I could be wrong, because the first 'America's Got Talent' was so long ago, that I can't remember it very well.  I got the impression that the people auditioning actually did live in America.  They may have immigrated from other countries, but I thought they were mainly Americans.  Now the show is so big that people win AGT in their own countries and just travel around going on any talent show that will take them.  It's almost as if, being on talent shows is their career.  

They used to hold actual auditions too and show up in multiple cities. Now it is just faux auditions and they invite and recruit acts that already have a following or experience elsewhere. The worst is when they bring on winners or finalists from other nation's "Got Talent" shows and they act like they are new to this. 

• Love 5
On 6/20/2020 at 8:01 AM, Commando Cody said:

It does seem like the majority of acts aren't American. Assuming you are American, do you have any idea how so many people seem to move there without a problem? I've looked up the requirements before and it seems pretty strict, yet there are many stories of people with no education or skills just going there seemingly on a whim and opening a convenience store or something you would think wouldn't qualify.

On 6/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, camom said:

I was surprised that the dancers got the golden buzzer.  They were OK, but not that great.

When the girl was singing the song about her dad, I thought the mom looked a little pissed.

ITA some good moves but mostly rebranded break-dancing.

• Love 1
On 6/20/2020 at 11:01 AM, Commando Cody said:

It seems to be pretty common. We mock a lot of the reality TV show acts for jumping between Big Brother, The Challenge, Ex on the Beach, etc. but we see the same on these talent shows. 

I think the talent scouts and production are just lazy. It's easier to invite a YouTuber or Instagrammer than actually go through the process of cattle calls. If they've already been featured somewhere else, all the better!

I've noticed a few dancers I follow claiming to have been on AGT. I looked up their videos and it was maybe a 15-30 second snippet. Granted whatever gets you exposure I suppose. 

On 6/16/2020 at 9:11 PM, ams1001 said:

I wanted someone to ask Luca if he lives on the second floor. (Please tell me someone else gets this.)

Sorry, I'm way behind and catching up, but was there some kind of trouble? Some kind of fight?

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 6/17/2020 at 12:21 AM, CrystalBlue said:

I get the Luca reference.  That song is really sad and disturbing though.

Well, seeing as it's about domestic violence, it's meant to be sad and disturbing.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:56 AM, camom said:

When the girl was singing the song about her dad, I thought the mom looked a little pissed.

I had the same thought

Edited by marykat71702
On 7/1/2020 at 11:50 PM, CrystalBlue said:

The reference to Luca being on the second floor is about a song by Suzanne Vega released in 1987 called "Luka."

Um, I know-those last lines were song references...

• LOL 1