Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Pound of Flesh

yeswedo

Rachel becomes increasingly anxious about work, school, and the growing attraction between herself and Pearson Specter client Logan Sanders. Meanwhile, Louis helps Donna prepare for a major role while she encourages him to face his fear. Harvey and Mike agree to a ceasefire, but Sam accuses him of collusion and Mike learns how ruthless his new partner can be.

Yeah, Mike I also wish all this bullshit was over.  I wish every storyline that isn't associated with Donna and Louis was over.

Come on Louis, go for it.  She's an awesome beautiful woman who obviously cares for you, ask Donna to dinner.  It looks like they're setting it up for that to happen, as well as a love triangle where Harvey and Louis are both going after Donna.

Way to go Suits, a possible relationship is the best thing about the show for me.  You see what happens when you make everyone horrible and boring, except for 2 people.

• Love 3

The prosecutor guy has an odd definition of "collusion" when it involves one "colluding" party obtaining a temporary restraining order against another, and the two parties getting in a private bidding war against each other, among other things. 

It seems odd that brokedown recovering drunk attorney from last season could uncover enough Harvey-related shadiness to have Harvey shaking in his boots and be willing to cave to him, but someone using the full power of the federal government, including literally having someone tail Harvey if we're to believe prosecutor guy, can't uncover ample evidence of the shadiness that Harvey has been up to in just the 3 seasons we've been watching him, let alone before.

I do want a happy ending for Louis, but I think I'd prefer he and Donna to be friends. They were the best thing about the episode. 

• Love 1

Is it me or what is going on with Harvey's hair? No longer must see tv for me, I did not see the whole episode, so I will have to comment after I watch.  The one thing I did see that stuck out was surely Rachel's parents would be one of her emergency contacts?  She may be at odds with her father about the lawyer thing, but it seemed that she and her mom had a good relationship, and outside of that nothing was going on with dad that would be so bad she would not want him notified in an emergency.

Oh the dumbing down they do for the sake of a plot point!

Must watch to see the fashion!  I hope Gina is back to excellence.

• Love 2

OK I have not watched the episode but will watch it on DVR tonight.

But I can say with all certainty that if the storyline evolves to Donna and Louis hooking up I'm done. Each is a unique personality and having them as friends and confidants is enough.

The one thing I did see that stuck out was surely Rachel's parents would be one of her emergency contacts?

Harvey said he was one of her emergency contacts.  Maybe the hospital couldn't reach her parents or they just hadn't arrived yet.

Minor Gripe: I get that this show is about rich powerful people in gorgeous clothes, but I liked it last year when the "humble civil servants" going after Harvey LOOKED like humble civil servants. I know bringing in Neal McDonough was to up the bad ass quotient and pretiness, but at least the Woodall character looked and dressed like a public servant.

Major Gripe: Rachel is still on my tv screen.

• Love 1

Slightly less macho posturing in this episode but it's still much too incestuous. The show would be unwatchable without Louis and Donna but don't make them into something. Enough with the threats to the company, and the main characters being constantly at each other's throats. They all except Mike work at the same firm and should be working together to try and win cases. Whatever happened to teamwork? The Good Wife has a similar problem but at least has a bigger cast to distribute the misery.

The show is exhausting now. Do they even have clients anymore? They have one who is naturally an old flame of Rachels. With the exception again of Louis and Donna every character has exactly the same Type A personality. Mike's new boss and assistant are clones. I miss Mike's single-speed bike and crummy apt from season one. No more, or the eeevil pot smoking. All quirkiness removed. He's another shark clone now.

And Rachel has to collapse from exhaustion because long long hours of course.

Mike should have become the firm's investigator and taken Rachel with him. They should give Louis a substantive case or have him pursue acting. They use the character as little more than a buffoon. I wonder if the constricted nature of the scripts is a budget issue. Is it easier/cheaper to write Mike v Harvey, Harvey v Jessica, Jessica v etc, than it is to write cases. Maybe soap writers are cheaper than legal writers. And what happened to the Amanda Schull character?

Change it up!

• Love 1

At the point when Rachel woke up in bed I initially thought that Mike had conned Harvey into dropping out of buying the shares and that Rachel wasn't even in the hospital. Before I realized that she was dreaming about Logan I thought she was talking to Mike. And I couldn't remember if Harvey said he actually talked to Rachel at the hospital or not. They made such a point about the door being locked, which seems pretty dangerous to do in a hospital when someone may need to get in there quickly, that I figured it was a setup. I was really tired.

I did like Louis and Donna but want them to remain friends. It was really sweet of Donna to give Louis a chance to perform and understanding he would only agree if it was to help her.

Even more than Louis getting a chance to perform, I liked how Donna was able to see the problem and create a solution without him seeing through it until afterward.

Go Donna.  Just don't let on to anyone else that Louis can be human at times.

I gave up trying to understand what exactly was happening and why and all the players with the stock purchase.  Oh well.  On to the next phase, Harvey v. The Government.

I'm thinking - isn't Mike's dilemma a little non existent, because he can give Sidwell the money later? And I can't imagine what Mike is being forced to do can be legal - for one partner to deliberately act against another? So the stakes sort of just fell for me. 

This episode, and in general, I'm getting a little of my Harvey love back, which is good. I do wish Jessica wouldn't be the one "doing the right thing" yet unconsciously screwing the 2 leads over all the time. 

And i"m going to sound like a bitca but I have to say, it's the stress doing Rachel in right? Isn't she in her twenties? Is it because she's so skinny, she's got no energy to spare? And she's stressed out already? What's going to happen when she's in Mike's position? Or Harvey's? Or even Louis's? Hell, even Donna's when she was fired. 

And i"m going to sound like a bitca but I have to say, it's the stress doing Rachel in right? Isn't she in her twenties? Is it because she's so skinny, she's got no energy to spare? And she's stressed out already? What's going to happen when she's in Mike's position? Or Harvey's? Or even Louis's? Hell, even Donna's when she was fired. 

I don't think it's the stress, it's the complete lack of sleep.  Mike made mention of it.  She's not getting any sleep, and hasn't for awhile.  Your body is going to react badly if it's not getting any sleep.  Harvey, Mike, and Louis all probably get at least a few hours of sleep, and with how many all nighters Harvey and Louis have pulled, they've probably trained themselves to fall into deep REM sleep immediately.  Rachel might be getting 15-30 minutes of sleep a night, and that's not good at all.

Yeah, but she's in her twenties. You can go a more or so, with 1/2 hours of sleep without keeling over. Hell, you can go 72 hours with no sleep and still be functional. That's why I (1) said I was going to sound mean (2) checked she's in her twenties and (3) wondered if it's because she's skinny. 

Either way, I agree with Harvey, bad time management by Rachel somehow, there. She could get rid of the time going to Logan's office for sure, but just telling Harvey what he wants and doing the work at Pearson Specter. 

Yeah, but she's in her twenties. You can go a more or so, with 1/2 hours of sleep without keeling over. Hell, you can go 72 hours with no sleep and still be functional. That's why I (1) said I was going to sound mean (2) checked she's in her twenties and (3) wondered if it's because she's skinny. 

Either way, I agree with Harvey, bad time management by Rachel somehow, there. She could get rid of the time going to Logan's office for sure, but just telling Harvey what he wants and doing the work at Pearson Specter. 

The thing is it really is incredibly difficult to go to law school and work full time. I worked with someone who went to law school. By the second semester she told us she couldn't do both so she quit and continued her education. And this wasn't a top flight school like Columbia. I was amazed that they would have Rachel working full time and going to law school. Her collapsing is one of the more realistic things the show has done.

• Love 1

Of course, Columbia could be different, but I laughed when she talked about the paper she had to write for torts. She is a first year, right? Your first year you don't turn in papers except for your legal writing class. You go to class, and your grade is solely based on your 3 hour exam at the end of the semester. As a paralegal she wouldn't be in charge of writing all those briefs either. And why does she have a nice office when Mike didn't? I eye roll a lot during this show.

• Love 1

Yeah, but she's in her twenties. You can go a more or so, with 1/2 hours of sleep without keeling over. Hell, you can go 72 hours with no sleep and still be functional.

It's harder to do when your clothes are so tight that you are unable to breathe. Rachel was done in by her size 000 skirt.

• Love 2

I'm thinking - isn't Mike's dilemma a little non existent, because he can give Sidwell the money later? And I can't imagine what Mike is being forced to do can be legal - for one partner to deliberately act against another? So the stakes sort of just fell for me. 

This episode, and in general, I'm getting a little of my Harvey love back, which is good. I do wish Jessica wouldn't be the one "doing the right thing" yet unconsciously screwing the 2 leads over all the time. 

Slimy guy's deal was that the contract would be written so that Sidwell didn't get any money out of it. Why he is doing that other than the mwa-ha-haedness and forced ethical dilemma for Mike of it all, I don't know. So there would presumably not be money to give Sidwell later -- it would be almost all Slimy Guy's. Even if there were money, Sidwell might not take kindly to originally being cut out of the deal.

What Mike is doing is called a breach of fiduciary duty, and presumably Sidwell would have a cause of action against him.

As to Rachel's stress level, the first year of law school is always inherently stressful. Add to that the stress of PS, and her relationship drama, and I could see it getting to be too much.

Of course, Columbia could be different, but I laughed when she talked about the paper she had to write for torts. She is a first year, right? Your first year you don't turn in papers except for your legal writing class. You go to class, and your grade is solely based on your 3 hour exam at the end of the semester. As a paralegal she wouldn't be in charge of writing all those briefs either. And why does she have a nice office when Mike didn't? I eye roll a lot during this show.

Different professors have different ways of grading. One of my first year professors had us do a midterm, one had us take home essays, while most were the more prevalent 3 hour in-class essay. So it doesn't strike me as inherently unrealistic that one might assign a paper.

From the start of the show, Rachel has had a spacious office as "senior paralegal." No, this doesn't make any sense p. 

Presumably she has kept that office as senior paralegal and quasi-associate/intern to Harvey.or have any parallel to the real world.

• Love 1

I also have to ask, as the bestest paralegal in the world that she is, wouldn't she know a lot of the subject matter already? She seems to be practising as a lawyer already in a junior associate role at a top firm...I'd think she'd have a natural advantage over her classmates (or maybe she does, it's just that they are smarter). 

All right - I'm going to come out and say it. I'm highly annoyed at them having the woman collapse from exhausting. It's annoying and I call bullshit unless they are doing a story about Rachel being a weak a**ed girl - because seriously? Ugh.

All right - I'm going to come out and say it. I'm highly annoyed at them having the woman collapse from exhausting. It's annoying and I call bullshit unless they are doing a story about Rachel being a weak a**ed girl - because seriously? Ugh.

I'll handwave it because at least they didn't make her pregnant.

• Love 1

The thing is that actual practice of law often has little to nothing with what is taught in law school. 

A lot of what law school teaches is abstract theory, where people are asked to see both sides of an issue. Students are exposed to a lot of different cases and concepts.

A lot of what Rachel would have been doing as a paralegal would be various practical and concrete things. 

Moreover, the sort of law that Rachel has been involved with as a paralegal has been generally corporate law. The typical first year curriculum has little to do with that. There's usually a class about contracts that her PS experience would help with a fair deal, but then there's criminal law, civil procedure, constitutional law, torts and legal writing where it would not necessarily be as useful.

• Love 1