Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Til Death Do Us Part

• Start Topic

Ryn, Ben and Maddie must protect Bristol Cove from Tia's army; Ben's injections produce unexpected results, which alarms both him and others; Xander juggles best man duties in Calvin's wedding, while also helping Helen.

Promo:

Original air date: 5/14/20

When Maddie said to Ryn and Ben "You two alone is what got us into this mess in the first place!" Maddie you are the reason you weren't there! I wanted to smack her!

How did crazy lady mermaid get to Russia?

RIP Xander.

• Love 1

Ha, I loved when Helen suggested Pitbull or Ke$ha for the wedding reception music.

Xander was awesome for stealing Donna and the other mermaids' remains. This is probably why you shouldn't leave civilians unsupervised at a super secret military facility.

Awww, I love weddings, even fictional ones. Chris and Calvin dancing together at the reception was so cute.

Don't be dead, Xander! I'm holding out hope until next week (let me live in denial).

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

RIP Xander.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Don't be dead, Xander!

And that's why you should never answer calls from unknown numbers. It's either a killing mermaid song or a telemarketer.

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Don't be dead, Xander! I'm holding out hope until next week (let me live in denial).

If only they had some miracle cure that they hadn't poured down the sink. 

• Love 1

I don't know what it is but I just don't like Ben and Ryn as a couple. I wasn't bothered by the thrupple but now that Maddie's on her own Ben and Ryn work my nerves. Their bond just feels really unhealthy.

Also, I just have to laugh at how Xander spends half his time delivering bodies. A couple of eps he was delivering one body to the ranch and now he's carting Donna's corpse around. 

Ben growing gills was...interesting. So mermaid stem cells can transform humans into merpeople?

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, marceline said:

I don't know what it is but I just don't like Ben and Ryn as a couple. I wasn't bothered by the thrupple but now that Maddie's on her own Ben and Ryn work my nerves. Their bond just feels really unhealthy.

If this eventually turns into Ben's descent into madness.. Then ok.. As its always felt like he really wanted Ryn.. And was just happy Maddie and Ryn agreed to the throuple and now that it's the two of them he's good with that... But if it stays that he's just in bliss with Ryn alone... And Ryn doesn't step up to get Maddie... She's just fine being with Ben... Then I'll be upset.. Cuz then it'll be what I feared when this started... 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, marceline said:

I feel the same way....it's just like there was no mourning of the relationship that they had for how long before Ryn?  I know Mady is to blame also but I don't feel like Ben fought to keep things together he was just like cool get Ryn to myself now...

• Love 2
8 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

If this eventually turns into Ben's descent into madness.. Then ok.. As its always felt like he really wanted Ryn.. And was just happy Maddie and Ryn agreed to the throuple and now that it's the two of them he's good with that... But if it stays that he's just in bliss with Ryn alone... And Ryn doesn't step up to get Maddie... She's just fine being with Ben... Then I'll be upset.. Cuz then it'll be what I feared when this started... 

I have never liked the Ryn/Ben couple either. He comes off a little obsessed when he is with her, especially after he heard the song. Just a very unhealthy dynamic. 

I've gotten invested in the town and all of the side characters too so it was great to see Chris acting like himself and I was also happy for Janine and Calvin. Great to see everyone nice and happy if even for a moment. Speaking of which, poor Xander! Tia is so brutal. 

• Love 3

I have questions and comments after this one...

When they were in the bar and Tia heard her siren song she's all like "they used my song to kill people", like that was the first time the idea had entered her head. I figured that's what SHE had been planning to do all along. If not, then what was her master plan? Take over the world with spears?

After last week's episode with the ice mermaids they cheated us out of a fight between the tribes and we only got a few sentences about it.

They went through all the trouble of introducing Robb and building up a storyline, and then he was just like, "Welp, saved the world. See ya, suckers!" (I know he probably comes back, but still.)

I loved NewChris and Zander in this one.

Maddie can take a few steps back with the whole "you two alone got us into this mess."Uh, honey, they weren't a thruple on their own...

When will Dale finish up his investigation in Yellowstone?

What the HELL happened to Nicole and why isn't anyone mentioning it?

Ben without a beard looks weird to me. Too pretty boy. I liked him rugged, back when he looked like he could be a fisherman.

If they're going to keep bringing GhostSarge back then why not just keep him on the show to start with? He and Helen offered an interesting dynamic.

The Mermaid Karen Cult is almost as scary as Tia. I don't trust those fuckers.

Nobody should tell Rick anything. Ever

• Love 2

Damn, you know you're up shit's creek if Xander is the only one with any sense.  The Dumb and Dumber crew are now only half dumb.  Sorry Janine, you lost the door prize.  I'm actually fine with Ben and Ryn alone.  Maddie decided to get all weird and trip out over what Ben did with the reporters, which is still a puzzle.  What did she expect anyone to do to a man who kidnapped a woman you love, was going to reveal her presence to the world and oh yeah, tried to run you over on the road?  Of course you let him die.  Ian so much as committed suicide by kidnapping an unconscious Ryn.  Sorry, Bro, ya fucked up. Ben did test my belief in his sanity when he dug up that half-transformed mermaid to run his experiments on and he didn't see how hypocritical he was for complaining about the military doing the same thing.   Now Maddie getting weirded out was just a plot device to split the thruple and give us this small aquatic transformation in Ben and the Thruple, now a rather obviously in love, couple, as they literally got married this episode.  What does the gaining of gills matter when you can spend time with your Mermaid wife down under.  I'm loving this new direction the show has taken.  They're embracing this Climate Change crisis and incorporating it as part of the show, as it should be. The MerPeople aren't the only ones suffering under climate change.  Good for Freeform, for still pushing the envelope

11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

When they were in the bar and Tia heard her siren song she's all like "they used my song to kill people", like that was the first time the idea had entered her head. I figured that's what SHE had been planning to do all along. If not, then what was her master plan? Take over the world with spears?

I think Tia was planning to use her song as a weapon, she was just surprised that the Russians had done so first and despite her bedroom stooge's poor attempts at preventing it, had succeeded.  Unfortunately, they just created a weapon to hand over to an insane Memaid.

• Love 1

No Xander no! He better not actually be dead damn it! The wedding and reception was so sweet and fun (even with all the Maddie/Ben/Ryn drama) so of course it has to go wrong. Use some magic merfolk shit ASAP!

• LOL 2
(edited)

I have a question I would like to pose to Siren Forum Posters:  At the end of "Til Death Do Us Part", with Ryn placing a wedding band on Ben's Ring finger, and their joint declaration of "Til Death Do Us Part" did anyone else view that scene as an unofficial marriage?  I have a bet going with my brother.  😷(There's a smile under there)

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

I have a question I would like to pose to Siren Forum Posters:  At the end of "Til Death Do Us Part", with Ryn placing a wedding band on Ben's Ring finger, and their joint declaration of "Til Death Do Us Part" did anyone else view that scene as an unofficial marriage?  I have a bet going with my brother.  😷(There's a smile under there)

Well she was wearing a white dress....to a wedding....apparently someone didn't go over that protocol with her, but yeah, I think in their world they are married now lol....

• Love 1