Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Come Together

SEASON FINALE!

Katy is starting to see things a little more clearly and needs Gloria's help to make her plan work, leading to unexpected opportunities; Pepper finds a way to make things right with Jorge and Josie.

Promo:

Original air date: 5/14/20

She Used To Be Mine is a lovely song but I feel like it didnt work in context  Lucy has got a voice tho!

The Prince came back! And he pulled a Harry and Meghan! 

Anyone else think Leo Lacey is Katy’s dad? (lmao I typed this before those last lines. I can see into the future!)

I enjoyed this season finale. I’m gonna tune in if theres an s2. 

• Love 3

Thank goodness they finally let Bernadette Peters sing on this show! And Daphne Rubin-Vega got to dance! 

Cary Elwes is always welcome on my screen but I had to laugh at Katy introducing herself and then just dropping the "I think you might be my dad" bomb on him immediately. I mean, points for not going the soap opera route of sneaking around for months trying to get information out of him before finally admitting her real motivation but still.  

Show, it is cheating to use "She Used to Be Mine" because it always makes me cry.

I am willing to suspend A LOT of disbelief but Guy promoting Katy from intern to lead designer? COME THE FUCK ON. The fashion show that Katy put together had all of five looks so I guess each of Guy's former interns each got to show one whole outfit?

I really don't care about Alex falling off the wagon but if it gets him off the show and out of Josie's life for a while (or permanently), then I'm all for it. I was surprised that Josie's intervention was enough for Xandra to finally stop antagonizing her but she couldn't seriously believe that Josie would join a group with the person who stole her songs?

Similarly I was surprised that Katy, Josie, and Jorge were so quick to forgive Pepper. Maybe I'm just a petty grudge holder but it took them all of two seconds to get over all the lying and stealing and deceit.

I'm glad that Katy let KO go without telling him she wanted him back. As she said, he needs to go pursue his dream. He would have stayed if she had told him the truth and he deserves the chance to try to make his dream come true.

I am not interested in the Mark Consuelos storyline for next season but I guess that's happening.

• Love 5

I should have known that as soon as they said that the person trying to buy up the neighborhood was an "out of town real estate agency" that it would be Hiram Lodge behind this! Its kind of easy, considering this takes place in a slightly more grounded reality and is rather frothy and light hearted, to forget that this takes place in the Riverdale universe, but then Hiram shows up to cackle more, and it all comes back. Josie is going to take one look at him and head in the other direction. So will Mark Consuelos be hanging out here next season? 

Not a bad finale, and it was decently clever to have the prince swoop in to save the day, although I still dont think that he and Katy are a good idea as far as couples go. I am glad that she didn't tell KO that she wanted him back and let him go to pursue his dreams, even though I am still rooting for them to get back together eventually. They are really different, but they also seem to work pretty well, and KO is definitely her best love interest so far. 

I guess its all well and good that Pepper is giving up being a con women, but I feel like her friends are being WAY too forgiving, or at least they that they forgave her and trust her now so quickly after they found out she lied to and stole from them. Especially Josie, who hardly even really knows her, and who she got all shitty with when she called her on her lies. Well at least she is trying, and we got to hear Bernadette Peter sing, so I guess it balances out. 

And "The Pepper Plant" sounds both lame and egotistical. Its no Factory. 

Good God that was a big ass bag of coke in Alex's bag! What, does he buy in bulk? 

• Love 3

Boring finale, it's like we know what to expect. No surprise and intrigue. Not even that cute. The prince came back and it was a saving grace, I don't like how they vilified Guy because KO can't act at all. 

• Love 1

I cackled so hard when Josie pulled the half kilo of coke out of Alex's pocket.  I'm starting to think his potential money problems have nothing to do with Pepper scamming him.  Was the props department just like "we bought this jumbo box of Arm And Hammer so we're going to use the whole thing"?

I think Jorge might be my least favorite person on the show.  Everything is always about him.  His take away about the department store is closing is it is terrible because he just started working there.  There's always at least one thing an episode he turns around like that or at the very least he turns a conversation to be about him. He has been self-centered since the beginning, but I feel like as the season went on it got worse -- I think the turning point might have been when he broke Katy's sewing machine.

• Love 6

It makes no sense for anyone especially Josie to be hugging and so great with Pepper.

Alex was he selling too? That bag was huge.

Glad Katy realized KO was the one, but let him go do his dream.

• Love 2

I watched 10 minutes and couldn't keep going.  They all just whine so much and I just don't even care anymore.  It is too bad the show couldn't keep up what they started in the pilot.  

• Love 2
On 5/15/2020 at 7:07 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I cackled so hard when Josie pulled the half kilo of coke out of Alex's pocket.  I'm starting to think his potential money problems have nothing to do with Pepper scamming him.  Was the props department just like "we bought this jumbo box of Arm And Hammer so we're going to use the whole thing"?

I think Jorge might be my least favorite person on the show.  Everything is always about him.  His take away about the department store is closing is it is terrible because he just started working there.  There's always at least one thing an episode he turns around like that or at the very least he turns a conversation to be about him. He has been self-centered since the beginning, but I feel like as the season went on it got worse -- I think the turning point might have been when he broke Katy's sewing machine.

Yes! Considering the way the show keeps flipping around, they probably did just toss an extra large box of baking soda in a bag. 

I hesitate to type this but it’s like they’re throwing every stereotype in to Jorge’s behavior. They’re giving him all these plot lines but haven’t fleshed out his character, who he is enough. 

Add me to the list of those who feel Pepper was let off the hook too easily. 

• Love 4
On 5/15/2020 at 3:27 PM, tennisgurl said:

So will Mark Consuelos be hanging out here next season? 

Aside from the fact that he doesn't "die" from whatever disease he has on Riverdale, it makes it easier to shoot this in New York where he lives compared to constantly fly in and out of Vancouver to shoot the few scenes he gets on Riverdale.  Since the mothership is looking at a time jump after graduation once shows resumes production, I'll assume most of the parents will be phased out. 

I'm still working my way through the episodes, so I peeked in here before watching this one.  For the show itself, I don't necessarily HATE it.   It wasn't the best pilot, but most aren't and there was a charm to it.   But there are lot of problems where I can see why the CW is currently struggling with renewing it.   If you didn't like Josie in Riverdale, you weren't going to like her here.  Jorge seems to be too self involved (when he broke Katy's sewing machine I was PISSED OFF), Pepper isn't someone ANYONE wants to root for and Katy seems so naive about everything, especially in an industry like fashion where you need to have a backbone and a drive.  The smallest setback and she was always thisclose to giving up.

If this show comes back, I need  more fluff and light.   And that I need to CARE what happens to them.  

• Love 6
On 5/23/2020 at 7:32 PM, mtlchick said:

Aside from the fact that he doesn't "die" from whatever disease he has on Riverdale, it makes it easier to shoot this in New York where he lives compared to constantly fly in and out of Vancouver to shoot the few scenes he gets on Riverdale.  Since the mothership is looking at a time jump after graduation once shows resumes production, I'll assume most of the parents will be phased out. 

I'm still working my way through the episodes, so I peeked in here before watching this one.  For the show itself, I don't necessarily HATE it.   It wasn't the best pilot, but most aren't and there was a charm to it.   But there are lot of problems where I can see why the CW is currently struggling with renewing it.   If you didn't like Josie in Riverdale, you weren't going to like her here.  Jorge seems to be too self involved (when he broke Katy's sewing machine I was PISSED OFF), Pepper isn't someone ANYONE wants to root for and Katy seems so naive about everything, especially in an industry like fashion where you need to have a backbone and a drive.  The smallest setback and she was always thisclose to giving up.

If this show comes back, I need  more fluff and light.   And that I need to CARE what happens to them.  

I haven’t watched Riverdale. I keep saying I will but haven’t made my way to it yet. 
Exactly! I feel like the writers are writing as they go. I can’t see Jorge as this great friend because he’s too self involved. Josie is adorable but if she moved to Staten Island I wouldn’t notice. Pepper, I can’t find anything about her to like.  And Katy? I understand youth, finding yourself in a city and making your way in the world, I even understand finding your own strength. But as you said she seems to want to give up on herself too much which isn’t interesting to watch. 

They need to make us want to care. It’s sad when you like Gloria more than Katie’s friends and roommates. The woman who plays her is gorgeous. 

• Love 2
On 5/24/2020 at 11:18 PM, LemonSoda said:

They need to make us want to care. It’s sad when you like Gloria more than Katie’s friends and roommates. The woman who plays her is gorgeous. 

A few of the cast members did a bumper video during an ad break thanking first responders and she was included. This sounds very weird, but her stay at home look makes her look even more stunning. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, mtlchick said:

A few of the cast members did a bumper video during an ad break thanking first responders and she was included. This sounds very weird, but her stay at home look makes her look even more stunning. 

Not weird at all! I completely understand what you’re saying and I agree with you!