Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Getaway

Thinking this may be the season finale. Airs on May 5, 2020:

When a father and son bank robbing duo escape from a prison transport van on their way to trial and pick up where they left off, the team must hunt them down before they steal enough money to escape the country. Also, Jess draws on his own personal history to profile the duo’s father-son dynamic.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is this the first episode of the team chasing escaped  prisoners?

Was the 3rd prisoner caught? It would have been nice to see the team split up to chase.

The good son Wesley (finished his  Ph.D.)  is immune to the father's influence of crime but Steven (can't get into any college) is easy picking for pops? 

What did Jeri see in Blake that made the other inmates get crossed off her list? He must have been very charming through his pen letters. When they were together he did nothing but sulk, berate and abuse her. 

Blake wants to keep a low profile but breaks the phone in the café for people to see.

Mr. Green must have wanted a little exercise in and run before getting taken down.

I laughed when Barnes told Jeri: she and Blake may get out of jail at the same time. How old will they be if that happens?

It's funny how they knew what the Wilson's wanted to spend every stolen dollar on and how much was needed down to the penny.

Steve was no match for LaCroix.

How fortunate for LaCroix that Blake's gun found the right direction and slid right to him. As if he had a magnet in his shoe.

If Tali "sensed" the woman wanted to ask LaCroix out, why didn't she wait for 2 minutes to see how it played out and not interrupt Jess' response to "heat"?

I am not holding my breath we will see Leslie again. She didn't seem thrilled to be a Special Ed Teacher.

Philosophy professor would not be my first choice. Maybe night club manager.

"Works for me" ? Clinton! You are NO Rick Hunter!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4
(edited)

This show has a “Criminal Minds” feel to it and like that show it has some serious leaps in logic but I enjoy it more then OG FBI.   Maybe because I like the chase aspect around it.  

Plus I always hated the two partners who are so gonna sleep together or are secretly in love with each other thing FBI is doing. This has a bunch of personality already formed that we are learning about.   I don’t even mind the opening and closing scenes with LaCroix.   

I saw the closing scene at the bar as a signal not that the woman will appear again but that LaCroix is ready to live again.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I couldn't understand the Jerri/Blake relationship, even given the 'Love After Lockup' weirdo mentality that such (usually) women have. He looked at least 20 years older than her, not really attractive, and decidedly unpleasant in personality. As mxc90 says above, his pen pal writing skills must be top notch.

I'm no more interested in LaCroix finding love than I am in Malcom (Prodigal Son). Just get interesting cases and do a good job of solving them, please.

• Love 5

IMO, I don't think a father/son criminal team would be incarcerated together. 

The Jerri/Blake relationship was totally bogus. She was young enough to his daughter and also a "glutton for punishment and abuse." 

Why doesn't this "team" have a regular office from which to operate.

Question: I may have missed something, but wasn't it stated that the crooks robbed $Mil?  If so, there's no way those small neighborhood banks would have that much cash on hand.   Also, if they really robbed a million why were they so hard up to come up with $50k?

• Love 1

Decent episode - the investigation and manhunt was good as usual. I liked the twist of the son being the one to seek out the father and commit the murders while the father was going to abandon/kill the son and go to Canada without him. 

I also wondered what happened to the third escaped criminal. 

Overall I liked season 1 and find the show enjoyable, and I like the characters and their dynamic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, preeya said:

IMO, I don't think a father/son criminal team would be incarcerated together. 

The Jerri/Blake relationship was totally bogus. She was young enough to his daughter and also a "glutton for punishment and abuse." 

Why doesn't this "team" have a regular office from which to operate.

Question: I may have missed something, but wasn't it stated that the crooks robbed $Mil?  If so, there's no way those small neighborhood banks would have that much cash on hand.   Also, if they really robbed a million why were they so hard up to come up with $50k?

I hope I have this right.

Out of the million stolen from the robbery 3 months ago, the police recovered $840k. Mr. Green (the security guard) held the rest and put a down payment on a condo for his mother. 

The bank robbery they did recently netted $11,000. They needed this last job for remaining amount for the passports.

I believe the team's main office is in the basement of the NY Office (where the regular FBI is located?). When they have to travel, they use the mobile unit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Out of the million stolen from the robbery 3 months ago, the police recovered $840k. Mr. Green (the security guard) held the rest and put a down payment on a condo for his mother. 

I must have missed the recovery of $840k. How and when was it recovered? I'll have to go back and re-watch.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I also wondered what happened to the third escaped criminal. 

He probably made it to Canada easily with a real cheap passport.

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, preeya said:

I must have missed the recovery of $840k. How and when was it recovered? I'll have to go back and re-watch.

The $840k was mentioned when the big guy was writing on the white board.

When they were travelling in the prison van at the beginning of the episode, their arrest was from that robbery 3 months ago. How the police missed on the remaining cash is a mystery.

• Love 1

I just assume he gave himself up at the first safe opportunity. Not everybody in prison has a long sentence left to serve and getting a dozen more years for a breakout he had no part in probably doesn't sound like a good idea.

He didn't bother to snag a gun either did he?

3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I couldn't understand the Jerri/Blake relationship, even given the 'Love After Lockup' weirdo mentality that such (usually) women have. He looked at least 20 years older than her, not really attractive, and decidedly unpleasant in personality. As mxc90 says above, his pen pal writing skills must be top notch.

The show had a short (and rather funny scene) trying to explain why some women date men in prison.  

1.  You know where he is.  
2.  He isn’t going to sleep with your best friend.

3.   It’s an intimate relationship without physical contact.

On the other side.

1.  The guy is going to take advantage of you for money for commissary and anything he needs to make his life easier.

2.   If he ever gets out then you might have a problem.

• Love 2

The show was good till the ending. When Blake was trying to thank La Croix, he said that he did not do it for him but for his son. Could someone tell me how a cold blood murderer of 4 people be saved? Doesn't he automatically go to the "Big House" for the rest of  his life, or possibly executed?

1 hour ago, Novel8 said:

The show was good till the ending. When Blake was trying to thank La Croix, he said that he did not do it for him but for his son. Could someone tell me how a cold blood murderer of 4 people be saved? Doesn't he automatically go to the "Big House" for the rest of  his life, or possibly executed?

Saved from thinking about killing his father for the 10+ years he would be on death row?

I think the kid was a worse person that his father (who basically just wasn't around for him).

On 5/6/2020 at 12:06 PM, sempervivum said:

I'm no more interested in LaCroix finding love than I am in Malcom (Prodigal Son). Just get interesting cases and do a good job of solving them, please.

^^^Wholeheartedly agree!