Type keyword(s) to search

Book to Show: Compare and Contrast

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

So, I'm still getting through the Lord of Chaos.

This is where I started just slogging through to the end. Logain being healed was a great scene, and there are more great scenes, but as a whole, I was just grinding through. 

There's a prophecy you've already seen that may provide some clues for Logain. 

On 4/7/2024 at 5:39 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

This is where I started just slogging through to the end. Logain being healed was a great scene, and there are more great scenes, but as a whole, I was just grinding through. 

There's a prophecy you've already seen that may provide some clues for Logain. 

I will say that the book has definitely picked up steam now that I'm more than halfway through. I just got to the part where they told Egwene that she's going to be Amyrlin.

It's strange that they'd want someone so young in the role. I'm not sure how much time has passed at this point, but it feels like it's been no more than two years since the events in the first book. Her experience level is certainly unique, but do they even know how much time she's spent with the Wise Ones and do the Aes Sedai even value the training that she received with them?

One thing that seems to be in Egwene's favor is the fact that she didn't get the chance to choose an Ajah. They don't have to worry about her being loyal to any specific Ajah. She hasn't really spent enough time with the Aes Sedai to have formed preferences or attachments. I'm just wondering how this is going to effect her relationship with Gawyn. Will she even have time for him now that she's Amyrlin. Are they even allowed to marry?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

It's strange that they'd want someone so young in the role.

Because they thought they could control her more easily.

You can look up online resources for a timeline, but Lord of Chaos took place over less than a week. That's why I knew it was going to be a slog. 

On 4/7/2024 at 4:03 PM, Avaleigh said:

Also, now that Nynaeve has learned how to do what no other Aes Sedai has been able to figure out, shouldn't that fast track her to being raised to full Aes Sedai? Is it really necessary for her to continue to have to scrub pots and pans at this point? Their organization really sucks at times. The Tower is fractured, they're lucky to have the people they do have on their side, but they persist in treating two of their most loyal and hardworking members like shit. Makes no sense.

OMG, yes, this.

It made at least some sense when they were novices. Some. And I can certainly see a group of rebels agreeing that hey, we need to share chores for a bit, at least until this situation gets solved. 

BUT, the full Aes Sedai aren't doing any chores! They've hired servants! And they are forcing Nynaeve and Elayne, two extremely powerful channelers who are also on good terms with the Dragon Reborn and at least a couple members of the Sea Folk, to waste time/energy doing chores instead of doing virtually anything else.  

It was so frustrating. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, quarks said:

BUT, the full Aes Sedai aren't doing any chores! They've hired servants! And they are forcing Nynaeve and Elayne, two extremely powerful channelers who are also on good terms with the Dragon Reborn and at least a couple members of the Sea Folk, to waste time/energy doing chores instead of doing virtually anything else.  

Not to be corny, it's the same thing as the Jedi council sniping that Anakin didn't "do the tests" even though he's proven himself 1000 times over in an actual war. I think that's the point though; the institutions can't get out of their own way to their own peril. 

• Like 3

So you're saying that the Aes Sedai could have saved themselves a lot of trouble if only - if ONLY - they had watched more Star Wars movies?

• LOL 3
(edited)
On 4/9/2024 at 12:51 PM, Avaleigh said:

Are they even allowed to marry?

All Aes Sedai are allowed to marry, the fact that they rarely do is voluntary and also a consequence of their differences from most people.

On 4/7/2024 at 4:03 PM, Avaleigh said:

(I can't recall if Leane is a character on the show)

Yes, Leane is in the show: https://wheeloftime.fandom.com/wiki/Leane_Sharif

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Like 2