Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E23: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

At first I was bummed this episode wasn't the reunion, but there were some cute, juicy outtakes! The final one was clearing up Snake Gate. A drag queen-looking Yovanna--- the hell happened? She's a cute girl. However, her face can't take a lot of makeup. She looked hhhhhorrible! (Tamar Braxton voice.) Kandi was grubbing the whole time, lol. Yovanna made everything up. LIES! All lies! Porsha was sat next to Kandi & said she was happy to be back & gave her a kiss on the cheek. Aw!

I was expecting a replay of the last episode, with those unreadable, tiny captions like they did for a previous episode--- but, this was not that at all! All new footage. A worthwhile watch. 

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

Cynthia is a really bad dancer, like really bad.  Mike was so annoying during the lesson.  Now I see why they’re a match made in heaven, because God forbid he should sit in the corner and check emails like a regular fiancé.  He has to be a part of everything.  

Todd and Kandi glassblowing.  How in the world did that ever get cut from the season?

Kandi looked so thin on the phone with Kenya, feeding her baby.  I guess that’s one of the upsides of a surrogate.  

This is supposed to be Secrets Revealed, right?  Why didn’t Porsha reveal what she found on Dennis’s phone?  There is nothing else I want to know about their relationship, and we couldn’t get it with 23 episodes?  I think Porsha should be put on another Bravo time-out for being unwilling to share her life.  

Nene and Marlo pretending to go out to a nightclub during the quarantine with Nene shot by Brentt is the saddest sentence I’ve ever written.  

So...972,000 convoluted out of sequence, harder to discern than Memento scenes later, we find out that Eva and Porsha aren’t “really” talking.  Ok.  I didn’t even think these women talked in the off-season anyway. 

Paul and Tanya have been “engaged” for seven years?!?!  Ok, that was sort of worth the price of admission.  I would neeeeever be engaged for more than two years; I don’t even think it’s technically possible.  I think once you’ve been engaged three or four years, you just revert to “couple who intends to marry someday.”  And she’s calling Paul “husband”?  Face palm.  Hard.

Tanya and Kenya apologizing to each other (though not exactly making up) is actually something that should have aired during the regular season.  It was much more important to the narrative than that lame kickball game, Kandi’s Empire audition storyline, or scenes of anyone driving or FaceTiming (or in Mike Hill’s case, doing both at the same time, which is so irresponsible.  What’s he going to do when he rear-ends someone and gives them whiplash and they’re in pain and they can’t work?  Make it rain $1 bills on them?  Judging by that ultra small piece of property he has, I doubt he’s got as much money as we’re supposed to think he does.  Eyes on the road, buddy.  Eyes on the road.)

If Porsha gets pregnant again, I will have zero sympathy for her.  I am also really nervous for her that she’s having unprotected sex with Dennis, who cheated on her apparently a bunch of times, and I highly doubt that she had him get a full STD panel.  It’s impossible, judging by the timeline, that she waited the months that it would take to get him re-tested, which is technically what you’re supposed to do, because it can take the diseases awhile to generate enough enzymes to test positively.  If she’s that nervous talking to him about birth control, he did not get tested for STDs, and that’s not a funny story.  Men are often just carriers.  If Porsha is actually worried about infertility (and not praying for it, the way I would be if I were her), this is a huge oversight on her part.  They are such a toxic couple.  And I think he is literally toxic.  Probably radioactive too.  

The next scene of Marc bitching about a birthday over FaceTime or some shit was actually uplifting after watching that horrid scene between Porsha and Dennis.  It’s one thing to suspect something—that they’re having unprotected sex—and another to have it confirmed.  Damn.  

Finally closing the chapter on snake-gate once and for all?  Yes, because that was keeping me up at night, I don’t know about y’all.  So Yovanna invented “the snake”?  Nene said she heard it, didn’t she?  Cynthia clearly talked shit about Nene since she was so defensive about “the snake” for the first entire half of the season.  So Cynthia got to skate two seasons in a row on Nene somehow?

Cynthia is owed an apology because the shit she talked wasn’t recorded??  That’s like me taking my neighbor’s car for a joy ride, someone says they have me doing it on film, it turns out they didn’t film it, and I get an apology from everyone, including the neighbor?!?  Ugh, Cynthia, just do everyone a favor and move to LA and pursue hashtag whatever gratifies your ego, and disappear.  

The biggest Secret Revealed, between last week and this week is that, somehow, Eva wound up being my favorite, though process of elimination.  This cast needs a complete overhaul.  They are hateful, petty, often very stupid (see Cynthia skating, above) and they can’t even drive a storyline.  They are bored, so they are boring.  Hire some women who have some money, who know how to dress, who have husbands and boyfriends who aren’t total garbage fires, like Married to Medicine.  But that got moved to Saturday, the worst day of the week, when this show gets the prime Sunday spot.  Is there anyone who thinks this show isn’t on a downturn and hasn’t been regressing for about five seasons now?  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Cynthia clearly talked shit about Nene since she was so defensive about “the snake” for the first entire half of the season.  So Cynthia got to skate two seasons in a row on Nene somehow?

Cynthia never denied she talked about Nene, she wanted to know who recorded her. Also, what she said to others was literally what she has been saying in every interview she has given since her falling out with Nene so it wasn’t anything new or something she hasn’t said to Nene’s face. I don’t understand how that is “skating on” Nene.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Apparently, we shouldn't underestimate his hot dog?

🤮

Dennis seems slow-witted & homely to me. I dislike him so much, I don't even think his look-a-like baby is cute. But, at least in the beginning he showered Porsha with gifts, which is her Love Language. & baby PJ's, too lol. Now he's too stingy to give her a wedding!? At least Porsha had sense enough to get an IUD. Shame about the complications. & why is he so motivated to get her pregnant again when he's still out here hoing? Don't do it, Porsha! Don't do it!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8260035/Real-Housewives-Atlanta-Kenya-Moore-claims-speaks-ex-Marc-Daly-day-quarantine.html

This article says the first episode of the reunion airs May 10th. 😫

Kenya's conversation with Marc about his birthday was so... odd. He was chiding her about not being there for him in advance. She kept saying they had just celebrated his birthday together. Huh? Kenya, girl, you ain't met dude's parents yet, are you sure you know his birth date? Ken? Ken!? Ken!!?

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Kenya's conversation with Marc about his birthday was so... odd. He was chiding her about not being there for him in advance. She kept saying they had just celebrated his birthday together. Huh? Kenya, girl, you ain't met dude's parents yet, are you sure you know his birth date? Ken? Ken!? Ken!!?

Everything about their relationship is suspect, but that phone call was something else. So, did they or didn't they celebrate his birthday? Is he gaslighting her, which is what I suspect, or did they have a pre-birthday celebration because she was going to miss the actual birthday?

15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Paul and Tanya have been “engaged” for seven years?!?!  Ok, that was sort of worth the price of admission.  I would neeeeever be engaged for more than two years; I don’t even think it’s technically possible.  I think once you’ve been engaged three or four years, you just revert to “couple who intends to marry someday.”  And she’s calling Paul “husband”?  Face palm.  Hard.

Yeah, it's wild AF that they've been engaged that long. I wrote before about how I think long engagements are ridiculous, so I won't rehash. However, Instead of being an instigator in Tanya's relationship, Kenya needs to focus on her own shitty marriage. She has more than enough happening in her own life. 

LOL, props to Cynthia for trying, but she needs to stop with the twerking and stripper moves. Sis, it is not for you and that's OK! Just admire the athleticism from afar. Although I did laugh when Mike told her that she needs some WD40 to loosen up. 

That whole conversation with Porsha, Lauren, Shamea, and Ma Porsha was tenor.gif

Alize, Hennessy, and crab legs are all it took. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

& why is he so motivated to get her pregnant again when he's still out here hoing? Don't do it, Porsha! Don't do it!

Because he found a beautiful woman who's willing to sleep with him even while knowing he has women on the side?  

I know, I know -- she talks a good game, but actions speak louder than words and her actions are what will determine the results she gets. She's sleeping with him. And now he's holding out even on the wedding, probably to offer it back to her as an apology gift the next time she catches him. Which she'll take as a sign that he really gets it and wants to work on the relationship.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Anyone else want to see a transcript of these various group chats. or is that just me?

Mark is definitely gaslighting Kenya.  He's over not doing a trip for his birthday, but he just had to share that he bought his own cake?  And he can be in NY whenever he wants, but Kenya can't travel on the weekends for her businesses?  He's a manipulative dick.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Nene's reaction, or lack thereof, during the Yovanna confrontation was very interesting.  I kinda feel like she got caught in a lie and I'd bet money (and I'm super cheap) that she convinced Yovanna to say that about Cynthia so that she (Nene) could make Cynthia look bad.  And now her rant about Yovanna on her youtube page (that someone posted in Nene's thread) makes a whole lot more sense, cause I was confused when she started going in because "that bitch" was her friend. But Yovanna spilled the beans and now Nene is pissed and it's all starting to piece together in my head.  

• Love 2