Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: Hide in Plain Sight

zoey1996
  • Start Topic

Danny and Baez are faced with tracking down a drug dealer after two young models are found dead from overdoses; Eddie and Jamie team up to determine who the mastermind is behind a robbery.

Also, Father Quinn calls on Frank to investigate a priest with unusual ties to an 11-year-old boy.  Erin is mentoring a new hire in the DA's office as they investigate a possible arson.

In an advertisement for next week's show, Eddie invites us to join the Reagans for dinner.  A bit cutesy, but she gave it a lighthearted touch.

12 minutes ago, mojito said:

Why was Erin at the scene of an arson?

Otherwise, not a single surprise here. Not one.

Not only Erin, but her DA in training and Anthony??????????

Where was the FDNY and the arson squad?

Erin's storyline may have been the best of the episode. I felt like I missed scenes with Danny and Jamie's storyline, even though I was awake and paying attention for the entire episode. This whole 4 storylines per episode is killing the series.

54 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

Erin's storyline may have been the best of the episode. I felt like I missed scenes with Danny and Jamie's storyline, even though I was awake and paying attention for the entire episode. This whole 4 storylines per episode is killing the series.

I agree, not all groups of characters need to have a story every episode.  Two stories plus a minor story max, would be enough.   I liked Erin's, but yes, why were the three of them at the scene of the fire?  Also Anthony's sea salt caramel chocolates for the win!

In earlier seasons even if one character had the week "off" they always were present at Sunday dinner.  I think the show needs to return to that model.

Next week is the season finale.  Wonder if we will get a longer season next year due to missing episodes?  I am assuming there isn't much threat of cancellation given that there aren't many pilots available.  

CBS cancelled two shows seemingly at the last minute this year, Hawaii 5-0 and God Friended Me.   I wouldn't be surprised if they had intended to do the same to Blue Bloods and given them 2-3 episodes notice to wrap the series up, which is right when they shit down production.  They wouldn't renew the show for two years last year and I imagine the salaries are getting quite expensive.   One one hand, the show might have been saved by the pandemic halting pilot season, but on the other hand it films in New York and who knows when they can resume production.   

The writing may not be what it used to be, but at this point I'm watching for familiarity as much anything and would miss this show if it were gone.  It has (amazingly) been in the same time slot for a full decade and as much as I may dislike, be annoyed by, hate or snark on the characters and plots it wouldn't seem right without it on Friday nights. 

• Love 2

What possible reason could Frank have had in confronting the priest and Angelique? Was it just to embarrass them? Do a little good old-fashioned face-rubbing? Stroke his own sense of moral superiority? Once he figured out their backstory, Frank should have just kept his fat nose out of it. Tell Monsignor Whatshisface that the priest was not molesting the little boy and call it a day. Frank is turning into an even bigger sanctimonious pain in the ass than Erin and that's quite a feat, by my reckoning. I'm wondering if it's time for him to retire and for this series to end? Although the perverse part of me would like to see him die butt-naked in the arms of a very expensive prostitute in flagrante delicto, if you get my drift. The rank-and-file would be so proud.

Edited by Ebau
  • Love 2

Like everyone said, it was weird that the DA's office was investigating an arson.  I thought the DA got involved when the police (and in this case fire) department(s) had solved crime and had someone to charge.  Especially it seems as they were already deployed there before it had even been ruled an arson.  The DA's office showing up to every building fire (especially ones that did not as of yet have a fatality) seems like a bad use of resources.  I love Anthony scoring his favorite candy.  That sounds like something I would do.  LOL.

Also, are Jamie and Eddie back to being partners?  What was up with that?  And did they both make detective while I wasn't watching because they were clearly doing all the investigation on that crime.  The outcome was pretty obvious.

Once again I found the Danny Baez story to be pretty boring.

I don't even know what to do with Frank's story.  I'm not Catholic.  I disagree with a lot of their beliefs, priests being unable to marry among them.  However, those are their rules. And with or without that rule, the priest did have extramarital sex, and that rule I do agree with.  But, more importantly, Frank may be catholic but he's not part of the church hierarchy.  It was none of his business once he had given the monsignor (?) his findings.  If the  monsignor had come to him to tell him not to fire a cop, Frank would tell him to hit the road.  

I thought the apology discussion at family dinner was bizarre.

19 hours ago, Maverick said:

ne one hand, the show might have been saved by the pandemic halting pilot season, but on the other hand it films in New York and who knows when they can resume production.   

I don't think it much matters, New York, LA, Vancouver.   Nothing's going to be filming until late this year, more likely next spring.  Smaller towns and in the country may get going sooner, and I'm not saying nothing will be open, but bigger cities are going to have much slower opening times and TV filming isn't all that necessary.

On 4/25/2020 at 8:40 PM, Maverick said:

CBS cancelled two shows seemingly at the last minute this year, Hawaii 5-0 and God Friended Me.   I wouldn't be surprised if they had intended to do the same to Blue Bloods and given them 2-3 episodes notice to wrap the series up, which is right when they shit down production.  They wouldn't renew the show for two years last year and I imagine the salaries are getting quite expensive.   One one hand, the show might have been saved by the pandemic halting pilot season, but on the other hand it films in New York and who knows when they can resume production.   

Hawaii 5.0. Ended for other reasons tied to Alex O’Loughlin deciding to calling it a day and when CBS considered continuing without him, Scott Caan said “if he’s out, I’m out too.” But as you also said, it gets expensive with the salaries. The upside for Blue Bloods is that it hit season highs with this episode, it’s still a big international seller and gets good mileage on cable.  I think CBS would grant the show one more season and tell them in advance so it can end with a proper finale.

• Love 1