Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Episode 7

ohjoy
Message added by ohjoy

Please be sure to not discuss what happens in future episodes in earlier episodes (ex. don't refer to Episode 6 events in the Episode 3 topic).  If you binge the show and come to the forum to talk about it as an entire whole, please direct that conversation to the Episode 8 topic. Thanks!

• Start Topic

The Devs team perfects the system, and Forest and Katie wait for completion of the Devs project. Meanwhile, Lily and Jamie try to avoid its threat, but a visit from Kenton leaves Lily with no choice.

• Love 1

I don’t understand why she went to Devs. I was only half watching because I hate the violence but why wouldn’t she wait out the night, go to his house the next day and shoot him there.  

The homeless russian agent made it clear to her that she couldn't avoid repercussions. Like he said, the only people she could go to was the CIA, but that meant a bunch of interrogations and innuendos and maybe even filed charges. The only thing she could do was try to go to Devs and screw up the system somehow, because the life she knew was over. 

And to be fair, Devs probably offered her more protection than anywhere else. it was clear that Forrest and katie were gonna let her in. Not a bad place to hide if you have to hide. 

• Love 4
On 4/10/2020 at 6:14 PM, Lemons said:

I don’t understand why she went to Devs. I was only half watching because I hate the violence but why wouldn’t she wait out the night, go to his house the next day and shoot him there.  

I believe she was to the point of saying "screw it", I'm going anyway...

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

Why do I watch this show? I have no idea what is happening or why I even care but I still watch it.

What if being in a place of not knowing why something happens is the most freeing place that we can be?  What if Forest didn't have to build a quantum computer and destroy people's lives to be free of the torment of his wife and child dying?  What if he didn't have to figure anything out and just allowed himself to not know why it happened?  Who am I kidding?  No one would ever believe that.  

I thought the show did a better job of making Pete look like a dirty homeless guy than they did at making the people who lived in that cave all their lives look like people who've lived in a cave all of their lives.  

Speaking of Pete, I liked that his speech to Lily was short and sweet, and then he left her there to figure out what to do next on her own.  

I thought they were going to pan up to show us Katie pushing Lyndon to his death, and although I'm not quite sure why Katie would do that, I was a little disappointed that she didn't.  She didn't try to stop Lyndon, though, so there's still that.  

• Love 3
On 4/10/2020 at 9:30 PM, whiporee said:

The homeless russian agent made it clear to her that she couldn't avoid repercussions. Like he said, the only people she could go to was the CIA, but that meant a bunch of interrogations and innuendos and maybe even filed charges. The only thing she could do was try to go to Devs and screw up the system somehow, because the life she knew was over. 

She also could have gone to Hong Kong to live with her mother. 

What I do not get is what compelled Lyndon to go on the ledge. Just to prove the many-worlds?

• Love 2

I have been enjoying this series, but I have to confess the music annoys me. I was beginning to think I was alone because most of my friends and family seem to love it and find the music soothing. NOT me! It is so annoying, I have been muting the first 2.5 mins. I learned that my co-worker has the same reaction as me, so I am relieved to learn I am not the only music-scrooge.

The whole thing with Lyndon really bothered me.  We see that in all of the multi-verses, Lyndon dies and Katie walks away.

When Katie was leaving, Forest reminds her that "Lyndon is in your car and you have this thing." So nonchalant!  Katie and Forest knew that Lyndon always died.  What was the point in killing her?  (Lyndon is portrayed by a female actor, so I'm assuming Lyndon is a she or possibly uses they?  The show is unclear)

There was no reason for Lyndon's death.

Forest also told Jamie that everything was going to work out for him.  Really!?

I'm guessing that Lily destroys the computer and that's why they can't see the future beyond that point, but I am fascinated that Stewart is just hanging out by the door.  It's like he saw the future too and knows that shit is going down and wants to make a fast getaway.