Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Buried Secrets

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The clock is on when Ruzek witnesses a woman's kidnapping and the team races to put the pieces together. Burgess tries to connect with Ruzek outside of work, but he mysteriously distances himself from her.

Airdate: 04/08/2020

Pretty much called it when they said he donated a lot to Christian charities and that his daughter was working at some mission.  

Bad boy Adam having some fun with the bartender, who wasn't really that cute.  Glad to see him and Burgess giving it another shot.

Why would Adam wake up the dad to show him that his son was dead?  Why not just let the dad die like he appeared to already be in the process of doing so?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Why would Adam wake up the dad to show him that his son was dead?  Why not just let the dad die like he appeared to already be in the process of doing so?

All this tragedy originated about a father wanting to know what happened to his son, Adam wanted to give that answer to him so that he could die in peace, really knowing what happened to him. I found it worthy and fair.

• Love 10

Good episode. Gotta admit I didn't miss Hailey, even though I do like her character. Didn't mind Rojas being in the background either.

I've always liked Burgess and Ruzek together. I like their relationship, however one wants to define it.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Trash episode.

If this series is anything, it is predictable.  Pretty pathetic that this series can't have a dude like that be an upstanding citizen.   No, on this type of series this type of individual has to have something that he is trying to hide, and has to kill someone to keep that secret.

This is the evidence for all of the people who say how can you say that Dick Wolf always trashes religious people and businessmen. In today’s  climate of “wokeness” if a so called religious businessman came out as gay they would make him mayor of Chicago. They also had to have Voight virtue signal with his disgust. Let’s get Voight to build up some woke points to make up for the people he killed.

Dick Wolf’s shows are divisive and pernicious to our society. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 1

Wow, who knew Jay had a personality & was a competent cop & sharp shooter?...Amazing what happens when he is not yoked to permasmirk. I've gotta say a whole episode without her condescending bullshit was pretty bloody good.

They even made Adam look competent which I know is something Rick Eid refuses to do but I guess he was busy stroking Upton's ego over on FBI so they managed to slip this one through.

I mean they almost let the whole team do some work. Atwater probably had the least to do but he was at least invovled. 

Burgess getting a little taste of her own medicine in the beginning was a nice surprise, it's usually Ruzek getting burned by her unless she's the one that wants the booty call & then he's always happy to obliged so seeing him blow her off for once was a nice change.

Still, I am a sucker for this couple and while I know it's a fruitless exercise I refuse to give up on them because, well that last scene. Those guys have chemistry. Oh well....

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Guildford said:

Still, I am a sucker for this couple and while I know it's a fruitless exercise I refuse to give up on them because, well that last scene. Those guys have chemistry. Oh well....

I kind of am too.  The longer it goes on, even when one or both get on my nerves, it's apparent they will be a family.  And a cute one!

Burgess surprised me being so cool with him sleeping with that bartender.  Even though it's obvious he's massively hung up on her, she seemed like the type that would still think she was in her rights to torture him about it, even though she knows shes #1.  Lots of good scenes between them in this episode.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuzieQ said:

I kind of am too.  The longer it goes on, even when one or both get on my nerves, it's apparent they will be a family.  And a cute one!

Burgess surprised me being so cool with him sleeping with that bartender.  Even though it's obvious he's massively hung up on her, she seemed like the type that would still think she was in her rights to torture him about it, even though she knows shes #1.  Lots of good scenes between them in this episode.

Maybe she's finally maturing and realises what's good for the goose is good for the gander? 

• Love 2
On 4/5/2020 at 2:08 PM, jewel21 said:

Airdate: 04/08/2020

I enjoyed this episode. Upton should stay gone. Jay could finally breathe without her around. As for Burzek , we know Rick Eid don’t care about them. All he cares about is Upton

On 4/9/2020 at 2:06 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

This is the evidence for all of the people who say how can you say that Dick Wolf always trashes religious people and businessmen. In today’s  climate of “wokeness” if a so called religious businessman came out as gay they would make him mayor of Chicago. They also had to have Voight virtue signal with his disgust. Let’s get Voight to build up some woke points to make up for the people he killed.

Dick Wolf’s shows are divisive and pernicious to our society. 

Then why do you watch them?

• Love 3

I wish they'd stop trying to push the Burgess-Ruzek relationship. They're on, they're off, they go home together, Kim gets pregnant, wants Adam as the father and not a husband, not pregnant, Ruzek tries to go out but still thinks about Kim. And when they pull up to a possible crime scene, why not throw in "The waitress told me you're sleeping with her." How does that have any bearing on this current case?

Just stop it writers and let them move on from each other. This is part of that high school crap that Voight now has to continually referee with no Antonio and Alvin anymore.

• Love 2

My favorite part was when they asked the wife if anything unusual had happened on the Saturday that Dylan went missing...she was like, no, Charlotte and I had lunch, it was just a regular day. But oh, wait! Then I saw my husband coming out of the woods with a shovel, all muddy!

SERIOUSLY?? 

• LOL 1