Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: The Enemy of My Frenemy

• Start Topic

JOINING FORCES - The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock, Sarah Jeffries) must join forces with Parker (guest star Nick Hargrove) when Mel is endangered in the demon world. Harry (Rupert Evans) and Jordan (Jordan Donica) infiltrate the Faction with dangerous consequences. Also starring Poppy Drayton. Felix Alcala directed the episode written by Bianca Sams (#216). Original airdate 4/3/2020.

So Macy can freeze time now? WTF that's supposed to be Mel's power. I don't get what they're doing with the powers. They're all so random and inconsistent. Can Maggie still read minds or does she only have premonitions now? 

The thing that gets me is how suddenly Godric and Parker pop in in the middle of negotiations and the Charmed Ones just stand there like idiots waiting to be captured. Use your damn powers, morons!

And since when did they negotiate a "truce" between witches and demons? That was supposed to be part of the arrangement when Maggie was going to marry Parker. That obviously never happened so what is this truce about? Why would the demons have agreed to that? 

• Love 4

This show has me so lost. I am currently watching the original charmed for the first time along with watching this one. I get that the reboot wanted to be different, but damn it is all over the place. I am only in the 4th season of the original, but the storylines just make so much more sense and it seems like the writers actually took the time to build the world of charmed before just jumping the gun and making rash decisions.

This episode was ridiculously all over the place LOL. There was never a truce between demons and witches bc Maggie and Parker never got married. 

Why is Harry and Jordan the most interesting part about this show?

And is it just me or do these sisters just not feel like sisters? I mean not that family ever has to feel like family. I am estranged from plenty of mine, but the entire point of this show is the 3 sisters who are charmed. Their bond is significantly important, and I just don't feel a connection btwn any of them, not even Maggie and Mel who actually grew up together. I think the writers need to put some breaks on plot plot plot plot plot and do some damage control with character development and the sisterly bond.

• Love 6
(edited)

About a million years ago on Television Without Pity we used to talk about OG Charmed and the "crack monkeys who write this shit"😂. I hate to say that these monkeys are making those monkeys look like Shakespeare! 

C'mon writers!!!! Do better.

I don't want to come back next season. I'll keep checking in here, I like here, but the actual show....not so much

Edited by mammaM
the word "here" randomly showed up
  • Love 3

Even though the girls have the power of three back now, the show feels like it's spinning its wheels. Yeah, yeah, the witches and demons are apparently in some kind of truce and they hate it. Yes, we know there are humans creating weird reanimated monsters. Yes, Abi is bad but she's also a little good. The darklighter is waiting in his bottle. Jordan has to find and help some witches. Macy is conflicted about Julian because she has feelings for Harry or his dark side or whatever. We've known all of this for several episodes now. Let's get on with it, please!

I caught up on Motherland: Fort Salem's first three episodes recently and I gotta say, if I could only watch one current show about witches, it'd be that one, hands down. The worldbuilding is intriguing, the plot is building at a good speed, and the writers are doling out important information a bit at a time rather than infodumping. If you're into shows about witches, I'd recommend giving it a try.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, marshmallows said:

This show has me so lost. I am currently watching the original charmed for the first time along with watching this one. I get that the reboot wanted to be different, but damn it is all over the place. I am only in the 4th season of the original, but the storylines just make so much more sense and it seems like the writers actually took the time to build the world of charmed before just jumping the gun and making rash decisions.

This episode was ridiculously all over the place LOL. There was never a truce between demons and witches bc Maggie and Parker never got married. 

Why is Harry and Jordan the most interesting part about this show?

And is it just me or do these sisters just not feel like sisters? I mean not that family ever has to feel like family. I am estranged from plenty of mine, but the entire point of this show is the 3 sisters who are charmed. Their bond is significantly important, and I just don't feel a connection btwn any of them, not even Maggie and Mel who actually grew up together. I think the writers need to put some breaks on plot plot plot plot plot and do some damage control with character development and the sisterly bond.

I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on the OG in the other Charmed thread

I do think these writers have had a problem since the beginning of making the supporting characters stronger than their "main" characters which are the sisters. They keep depriving them of any real sisterly moments....and I cant even get started with Macey getting a new power that was Mels......but at least the 3 of them are in the same scenes more which is a slight upgrade...

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on the OG in the other Charmed thread

I do think these writers have had a problem since the beginning of making the supporting characters stronger than their "main" characters which are the sisters. They keep depriving them of any real sisterly moments....and I cant even get started with Macey getting a new power that was Mels......but at least the 3 of them are in the same scenes more which is a slight upgrade...

I would love to talk about OG Charmed in that thread, but I am new to it as well and just started the 5th season yesterday so I don't want any spoilers. But gosh I want to talk about it so bad lol.

Ugh yes, why did Macy's expansion on her power end up being what should have been Mel's expansion? It makes no sense.

Maggie still continues to be my favorite. That was kinda off topic, just wanted to say it, haha.

• Love 2

Ok I am really glad to see other people were confused by the whole "demons and witches have a truce" thing, I thought I missed an episode! Was this part of them teaming up with Abigail? Could have established that a bit more! You know, if they want this truce thing, can we maybe get to know a few demons and witches? Everyone just seems to exist as one note plot devices. Every demon is evil and duplicitous, every witch is sweet and helpless (for the two seconds we see them before the Charmed Ones save them or find their bodies) so I have no idea how this truce is even supposed to work. 

Why are Harry and Jordan having a random adventure a million times more interesting than whatever is going on with the sisters? They all hardly even get to do anything anymore, they just kind of kick around the plot waiting for other stuff, usually involving the supporting cast, pinging from plot point to plot point. 

Boy, the whole Abigail vs. Parker thing is tiresome.  Godric switches between the siblings more often than a badly cooked pancake.  This season is akin to driving around in circles.  

I did think this episode was at least more engaging than last week.  

Near the end of the episode, when the three sisters were talking about Macy's proposal from that annoying CEO, the silences were awkward for such "close" sisters.

I agree Harry and Jordan were more interesting than the rest of it.  I didn't get why Jordan was so antagonistic towards Harry at the beginning.  Jordan experiencing travelling with Harry was entertaining.  Shouldn't Harry have gotten Jordan to remove all his clothes before getting into the body bag?  

Edited by Camera One

I really hope that is the end of Parker. He and Maggie are too young to pull of the Phoebe/Cole dynamic they’re going for, the chemistry isn’t all that and the actor playing Parker is awful. In comparison Jordan is a breath of fresh air.

Edited by Avabelle
On 10/13/2020 at 1:21 PM, Avabelle said:

I really hope that is the end of Parker. He and Maggie are too young to pull of the Phoebe/Cole dynamic they’re going for, the chemistry isn’t all that and the actor playing Parker is awful. In comparison Jordan is a breath of fresh air.

I love Jordan and the fun, happy spark (breath of fresh air is a great way to describe him) he brings to the show. 

To be honest, I think Harry pulls off that Cole dynamic in a far more compelling way than Parker - Harry is almost like a combination of Cole & Leo when you consider his darklighter part/half that eventually you know he's going to merge with.  The show was smart to lean into Rupert Evans' considerable talent and the Hacy dynamic.

I liked Parker - but I never found the actor playing him to be all that compelling and he drags Sarah down in their scenes, imo.  She seems ... infantile when with Parker, but more grown up with Jordan, although I worry about his character surviving S3.