Type keyword(s) to search

Very emotional ending the to the season/series. Poor Loretta. Time really messes with her.

So is it always the 1980's in Mercer no matter how many years pass?

• Love 2

Wow, this one had me crying. Poor Jakob died saving his brother. Danny did have a conscience after all. Yeah, poor Loretta went through a lot.

Remember when Grandma told Cole she thought she saw someone on top of that tower? Hmmm.

”Echo Sphere” was the only fail in this series.

• Love 3

This one got to me.  Actually, the whole series did.  How can your heart not ache for Loretta?

Amazing storytelling and film making.   The fact that they had some 10 minutes without dialog during the flashback showing time progressing as Cole was away, and I was captivated, is truly remarkable.  

The score was sublime. 

One of the best things I've seen in quite sometime of any genre. 

I don't think there's any way they can live up to S1 if they do another one, but I'll be happy to watch if they do.

Outstanding!

• Love 4

I cried and my heart broke for Jakob.   As with the robot in Enemies, the eyes on the Jakobot were very expressive, which increased my empathy; the aggressive robot had no such endearing feature.

On 4/11/2020 at 7:54 AM, Ranger Bob said:

The fact that they had some 10 minutes without dialog during the flashback showing time progressing as Cole was away, and I was captivated, is truly remarkable.  

I agree; this was amazingly well done.    It could have torn Loretta and George apart but instead they stayed close.

I appreciated that Danny was shown to have a conscience.   I wasn't surprised that Cole accepted his explanation so quickly but the adults accepting it was again proof that no matter what weird stuff happens around the Loop, it doesn't really faze anyone.  

I felt a hopeful vibe from the series.  Tragic things happened but we see the different ways that the characters coped and tried to move on with their lives. Some even tried to change for the better. 

I wondered about the robot on the island.   Was it still there?  Didn't grown up George tell anyone or bring it back?  I was really hoping for a resolution and was disappointed not to get it.  Other than that, the series was excellent, moving and beautiful. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, raven said:

I cried and my heart broke for Jakob.   As with the robot in Enemies, the eyes on the Jakobot were very expressive, which increased my empathy; the aggressive robot had no such endearing feature.

I loved the way the Jakobot moved, how it would sort of sway to the side in a really non-robotic way when it was looking at things.  And then I remembered how in the first episode Cole was throwing rocks at the robot (before the Jakob switch) and young Loretta told him not to do that.

• Love 3
On 4/13/2020 at 11:39 AM, TexasGal said:

I loved the way the Jakobot moved, how it would sort of sway to the side in a really non-robotic way when it was looking at things.  And then I remembered how in the first episode Cole was throwing rocks at the robot (before the Jakob switch) and young Loretta told him not to do that.

I thought it was going to end with Cole in the snow throwing rocks at the robot and being approached by young Loretta, the scene from he first episode but from the boy’s point of view.

So many trippy ideas in the 8th episode, too bad they couldn’t have had that many twists in the earlier “lyrical” episodes. Not sure it’s good planning for a streaming series to not hook people early, but instead wait for the last episode.

Why was the teacher a robot? Also Cole proved the rule that cute kids grow up to be trolls.

6 hours ago, Concerned said:

I thought it was going to end with Cole in the snow throwing rocks at the robot and being approached by young Loretta, the scene from he first episode but from the boy’s point of view.

So many trippy ideas in the 8th episode, too bad they couldn’t have had that many twists in the earlier “lyrical” episodes. Not sure it’s good planning for a streaming series to not hook people early, but instead wait for the last episode.

Why was the teacher a robot? Also Cole proved the rule that cute kids grow up to be trolls.

I was hooked from the first episode. Why do you call adult Cole a troll?

• Love 2

Overall I found the series somber and depressing, which is the last thing I need right now. I admit it was very well done and the effects were impressive but in the end I'm not sure what the hell it was trying to say. That the world isn't fair and life sucks? If so, message received.

I'm glad they revisited the body switching but again, this ended very sadly. I was so hoping Loretta would be able to switch them back: by rights, Danny should have wound up in the robot body and Jakob should have gotten his own body back.

There were just too many unanswered questions in this show. Why did stepping over the ice transport Cole into the future? Why was there a hostile robot wandering around in the woods? Why were there, in fact, so many odd pieces of technology lying about, unaccounted for?

The Loop itself proved to be peripheral to the stories, and served primarily as hand-wavium to the various premises they wanted to set up. 

Under normal circumstances I might have appreciated this more, it had a definite Black Mirror feel to it. But unlike that show, this one didn't have as clear a message or as solid a premise. Seems like it was designed chiefly to tug at the heartstrings by luring an audience with a sci-fi premise.

• Love 3

At first when I saw this episode, I thought it was so sad that I was upset, like it was needlessness cruel to Loretta and her family, but the more I ruminated on it (and this was a show I have ruminated on frequently) that more the ending worked for me. The show is about how sad and unfair things happen, but life goes on and you have to keep going. I do really wish they could have done something for poor Jakobot, his family finally found out what really happened to him, and he dies. 

The landscapes and the mix of the fantastical and the mundane was really unique, and I love how they tied these science fiction style machines into these very human, very down to Earth stories. 

• Love 3

For me, the whole series was about people desperately wanting things they could either never have, or that they got and wish they hadn’t. So much unhappiness in every episode - it really drained me.

I appreciated the unusual beauty and mystery, I was invested in many of the characters, but it left me with a sore heart.

I wish the final episode had resolved the Enemies story. I need to know how George rowed back home with one arm, why the banished robot needed fire and to eat fish, and how the banished robot’s life was somehow supposed to be better with two arms. Nice sentiment, but it’s still completely alone forever.

• Love 1