Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: In My Room

Katie finds an old piece of furniture in the basement and sets out to recreate her and Greg's first apartment, reminiscent of a time when life was simpler. Meanwhile, Greg enjoys an unexpected benefit of being the victim of Lonnie's relentless practical jokes.

3 hours ago, Harvey said:

I wish I could shake the writers and just let them know that this stuff with Lonnie is not good TV! It is more aggravating than funny.

I agree, and it's gotten very bad and now they have it where Doris is now divorced and the kids are gone? I think this has gone too far with the character. Everything with the Youtuber has gotten overboard too. The writers are not helping the case, because after a while, I would be kicking his ass out of the house with my own boot. I doubt he knows how to bring charges against people.

I'm still enjoying what they have been doing with both Oliver and Anna-Kat. As for Taylor, they are still just spinning with her character, having it where she couldn't see what she was missing was on her? I get the glasses on top of her head, my own wife did that and didn't notice she still had them up there right up until bed. However, when you are wearing sunglasses and then wondering where they are. Oh enough!

Edited by readster
glasses not classes
  • Love 3

Amazing how Katie lugged all that furniture up from the basement and carried all of Anna-Kat's furniture downstairs by herself, and then reversed the process.   She should give up lasagna and go into the moving business.

The kids are in school all day, and she has time for a late breakfast.  She can carve out 15 minutes a day Monday-Friday to read a book.  Katie always seems so intellectually non-stimulating as well as proudly dismissive of anyone or anything that is.  I just don't know how Greg is not bored by her.

As for Doris, based on everything we know about Richard, he would not have taken off 3 hours to drive Doris to her oral surgeon and wait around to drive her home, even when they were together.  Nor should he have had to.  Doris could have hired a driver.  Or she could have given Katie an excuse to spend 3 hours in the waiting room reading her book!

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Amazing how Katie lugged all that furniture up from the basement and carried all of Anna-Kat's furniture downstairs by herself, and then reversed the process.   She should give up lasagna and go into the moving business.

The kids are in school all day, and she has time for a late breakfast.  She can carve out 15 minuted a day Monday-Friday to read a book.  Katie always seems so intellectually non-stimulating as well as proudly dismissive of anyone or thing that is.  I just don't know how Greg is not bored by her.

As for Doris, based on everything we know about Richard, he would not have taken off 3 hours to drive Doris to her oral surgeon and wait around to drive her home, even when they were together.  Nor should he had to,  Doris could have hired a driver,  Or she could have given Katie an excuse to spend 3 hours in the waiting room reading her book!

Like how Katie said: "It'll cost us a quarter." What library is this? Our local library, as soon as your book is gone 3 weeks they slap $5 on you. Where is this strange fantasy world the writers live in where educators are not being kicked out of their jobs for caving into bribes of parents on a constant basis. Youtubers are border line abusive, library fees are only a quarter and some how someone who really has probably at least 4 hours by themselves can't read a 300 page book?

Also, enough of the Oliver is gay jokes, MOVE ON!

• Love 1

It was nice to see Ali Wong get more to do  than just the usual few lines in one scene at the cafe. I wish they would incorporate Doris and Angela into the main stories better, I think they play off the other characters quite well.

The really amazing thing I'm seeing is the growth in Oliver. The fact the he has turned out to be so good at helpline-type advice is the polar opposite of what I would have expected from this kid three years ago. Not only is he good at listening to people and helping them with their problems he's even doing it without any expectation of compensation or reciprocity. 

There's no way I'd be able to read a book if I had to turn my stereo up full blast to drown out my children. I just wouldn't be able to focus with music blaring that loud.

I did get a kick out of the fact that when she finally finished Gone Girl she didn't like it and said she should have just watched the movie. At least that way she'd have seen some "Afleck peen."

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The really amazing thing I'm seeing is the growth in Oliver. The fact the he has turned out to be so good at helpline-type advice is the polar opposite of what I would have expected from this kid three years ago. Not only is he good at listening to people and helping them with their problems he's even doing it without any expectation of compensation or reciprocity. 

Completely agree, Oliver's growth this season has been extremely welcome. I just wish the writers would ditch their hard on for when he says: "I'm still waiting for my real rich family to come get me." My God! Let that part of the character just die. No one likes it, and no one cares, just like the Youtuber. Just wrap up the damn story, Greg being constantly turned into a fool just to keep his "bosses" happy is old. GIVE HIM REAL FRIENDS!

• Love 6

Wow, lots of feelings about this episode!  I just can't get that upset about it given what's going on in the REAL Westport these days, now that it's the epicenter of Covid-19 in CT, thanks to a party that happened there on March 5.  I know someone in Westport that has the virus that must have gotten it from someone that attended the party.  My own husband was in Westport on that date, thankfully not at that party.  Makes me much less critical of this show now that it looks like nostalgia from a simpler time....

I took a break from this show and just watched this episode. The acting has gotten worse (Taylor does her best “peak from behind a doorway” ala the Disney school of acting) while still talking way too loud. She’s got to be one of the luckiest actors in Hollywood bc I Bet there are probably better actors within my own town. Again Anna Kat and Greg are the only ones who can actually act. I know this is a sitcom, but no one seems to know what subtle is. 

Why did Katie and Greg even agree to date much less get married? The only thing they have in common is that they live in the same house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Why did Katie and Greg even agree to date much less get married? The only thing they have in common is that they live in the same house.

I ask myself the same question about so many married couples I know. It never ceases to amaze me how few couples get together based on mutual interests.

3 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

It was based on physical attraction. Greg was hot for Katie.

• Love 2
On 3/27/2020 at 9:07 AM, readster said:

Like how Katie said: "It'll cost us a quarter." What library is this? Our local library, as soon as your book is gone 3 weeks they slap $5 on you. Where is this strange fantasy world the writers live in where educators are not being kicked out of their jobs for caving into bribes of parents on a constant basis. Youtubers are border line abusive, library fees are only a quarter and some how someone who really has probably at least 4 hours by themselves can't read a 300 page book?

The quarter thing referred to the “dork jar” she said they were going to use to replace the “swear jar.” Greg protesting that it was a library book when she threw it was another quarter for the dork jar, not a library fine.

The acting has gotten worse (Taylor does her best “peak from behind a doorway” ala the Disney school of acting) while still talking way too loud. She’s got to be one of the luckiest actors in Hollywood bc I Bet there are probably better actors within my own town. Again Anna Kat and Greg are the only ones who can actually act. I know this is a sitcom, but no one seems to know what subtle is. [\QUOTE]

Taylor is the worst. The character is already annoying, but the actress is so terrible. This whole show is actually pretty terrible, it’s very low-tier on the comedy scale in a Saved By the Bell kind of way, but I keep watching it anyway.

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 3
On 3/27/2020 at 2:09 AM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I was too busy wondering why the Ottos still had that old stuff to notice this...the furniture would have been from around 20 years ago! Why would they have kept it, especially considering it was mostly cheap/junky, and they just moved to the Westport house a few years ago? I get sentimental value as much as the next person, but I doubt they would have lugged all that stuff from one basement to another.

On 3/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, iMonrey said:

I did get a kick out of the fact that when she finally finished Gone Girl she didn't like it and said she should have just watched the movie. At least that way she'd have seen some "Afleck peen."

I was just thrilled to have this tiny bit of continuity - way too many shows drop the ball too often, and on way bigger things than this. 

• Love 2