Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Missing Time

• Start Topic

Love that all of them knew Anna was hiding at Callens place.

Casting needs to pay closer attention. Scottie Thompson did 18 episodes on the Mothership in Season 4. Major story arc. Always jarring when a regular guest star pops up as a completely different character. 

• Love 4

Shallow?? maybe it was the camera angle, but several times, due to her new hairdo, I thought that Kensi looked like Hillary on the "Love it or List it" show.

6 hours ago, mertensia said:

Who was that a photo of?

That's the psychopath that Callen was talking about at the beginning of the show. She was Anya's roommate in prison when they broke out of jail in the USA. I think her name was Kate but she was using an alias. I was confused -- hopefully someone else has a better understanding of what that was about.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, SoapDoc said:

I was confused -- hopefully someone else has a better understanding of what that was about.

The photo was of Katya, a "girlfriend" of Volkoff (the head of the KGB killed in Season 10) and former cellmate of Anna (part of the CIA plot thought up by Joelle). Katya was sent back to Russia by Volkoff to be killed when she brought Anna into his circle because Volkoff knew she was an enemy.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:50 PM, anna0852 said:

Casting needs to pay closer attention. Scottie Thompson did 18 episodes on the Mothership in Season 4. Major story arc. Always jarring when a regular guest star pops up as a completely different character. 

This never bothers me. I know some folks even find it hard when the actor's been on H5O or some other show and then appears on NCISLA, but they're actors--and guest actors, at that. What are they supposed to do? Usually there are years between their appearances. I think it's weird that viewers think an actor should turn down a job because they played a character on another show 4-6 years ago (or more).

9 hours ago, JayDub said:

Decent show but the Anna story line has gotten boring.

I felt that way about Densi for years, so I get it. I like the Anna-Callen relationship, and she's not on the show enough to make it boring for me (I'd like to see more of her and Arkady). I like this relationship a whole lot better than the Katherine-Sam one that's developing. Don't like the Katherine character.

Liked this episode. The story was pretty simple, but made sense and seemed like something NCIS would investigate. I did like Beale out in the field because it made sense. (I don't get why his character is SO different in episodes. It's like he has these drastic mood swings and goes from a babbling idiot to a literate geek.) Really liked Arkady and the final scene in the bar with Anna was sweet. I am worried about what's coming for Anna and Callen with Katya on the loose. I just hope it's not part of a 2-part finale that we won't see until season 12. (Vyto said Arkady would be back later this season, I think, so I hope he's back for a good reason.)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ymeagain said:

The photo was of Katya, a "girlfriend" of Volkoff (the head of the KGB killed in Season 10) and former cellmate of Anna (part of the CIA plot thought up by Joelle). Katya was sent back to Russia by Volkoff to be killed when she brought Anna into his circle because Volkoff knew she was an enemy.

Thank you! I didn't get who she was -- I remember seeing her and I remember the prison break.  I must have missed the part about whose GF she was. Cool~

23 hours ago, ymeagain said:

This never bothers me. I know some folks even find it hard when the actor's been on H5O or some other show and then appears on NCISLA, but they're actors--and guest actors, at that. What are they supposed to do? Usually there are years between their appearances. I think it's weird that viewers think an actor should turn down a job because they played a character on another show 4-6 years ago (or more).

I don't think the actor should turn down the job, I think they shouldn't be cast. They could have put "not previously been a recurring guest star on any of the NCIS shows" in the casting requirement and I'm 99.9% sure they'd still have gotten someone else who could have played the role and done it well considering how many actors there are.

I felt that way about Densi for years, so I get it. I like the Anna-Callen relationship, and she's not on the show enough to make it boring for me (I'd like to see more of her and Arkady).

Agreed. Even if she were on the show more often, I don't think it would get boring because both Anna and Callen are very complex characters with very complex pasts.

I also like that Callen has someone in his life. I feel like he deserves it.

I am worried about what's coming for Anna and Callen with Katya on the loose. I just hope it's not part of a 2-part finale that we won't see until season 12.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

12 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I don't think the actor should turn down the job, I think they shouldn't be cast. They could have put "not previously been a recurring guest star on any of the NCIS shows" in the casting requirement and I'm 99.9% sure they'd still have gotten someone else who could have played the role and done it well considering how many actors there are.

Oh, I think that would be awful and totally unfair. I mean, first I don't know if that would even be legal, but second, how would the actor know that there wouldn't be a better role for them in one of the other shows in the franchise in maybe 4-5 years? I mean, NCISLA didn't even exist when Scottie was Jeanne, did it? You honestly think an actor should be penalized like that? We're not talking about actors who've played main characters. Even if Jeanne was in 18 episodes, that's 18 out of more than 300+. That's hardly a major role. And what if the series in a franchise ends? And what about those who complain when actors appear in both H5O and NCISLA as different characters because the shows are in the same "universe"? C'mon people, they're actors.

I liked the episode even though it wasn't anything special. I liked all the little scenes the characters had together, but liked the Callen-Anna and Anna-Arkady scenes the most because they were the most heartfelt. I did like Deeks getting Kensi to say "alien abduction" and his imitation on Arkady.

I see next week's release says Nell makes a major decision. I'm still waiting to find out what Beale's decision was about becoming a partner with the firm in Silicon Valley. Did I miss that?

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, 123BP said:

Oh, I think that would be awful and totally unfair.

I don't think it would be any more unfair than the fact that an actor who was with a network/franchise once seems more likely to appear with that network/franchise again and again. That's why I said, there are so many actors out there (and yet, they seem to stick to the same ones. If they put that in, it would give newcomers a chance as well).

58 minutes ago, 123BP said:

but second, how would the actor know that there wouldn't be a better role for them in one of the other shows in the franchise in maybe 4-5 years? I mean, NCISLA didn't even exist when Scottie was Jeanne, did it? You honestly think an actor should be penalized like that?

I don't think of it as penalizing but since you brought it up, you could then also make the argument that it's penalizing other actors who've not been on a show before or that it's rewarding actors who've been on a show before.

Like I said, there are so many actors out there and I'd like to see them use the variety that they could choose from instead of going back to the same actors over and over again.

• Love 1