Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E02: The Blind Auditions, Part 2

• Start Topic

Airs February 25, 2020

Coaches Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton vie to discover and coach the next singing phenomenon on the second night of blind auditions.

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Is it just me?   Because I am LOVING the show this season.   The judges are killing it together, and the talent is amazing.   I am having so much fun watching. ...   Just me?

I think the judges are better because they're giving actual critiques to the contestants.  But then, I don't think that was something that Gwen could do.

• Love 7

To me, Gwen is the quintissential (sp) airhead.   She offered absolutely nothing to the show.   So much wasted money.    This particular group of four is fabulous together.   I don't know if their camaraderie is scripted or spontaneous - probably both - but they have me laughing out loud.  I know the show is about "voices", but until the blinds are over, I don't know one singer from another.   I enjoy the blinds, but I there are so many new different faces each show, I can't focus on any one of them yet.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

To me, Gwen is the quintissential (sp) airhead.   She offered absolutely nothing to the show.   So much wasted money.    This particular group of four is fabulous together.   I don't know if their camaraderie is scripted or spontaneous - probably both - but they have me laughing out loud.  I know the show is about "voices", but until the blinds are over, I don't know one singer from another.   I enjoy the blinds, but I there are so many new different faces each show, I can't focus on any one of them yet.

Yes, these four judges are fun together.  The other time that I liked the banter during the blinds was when it was Shakira, Usher, Adam, and Blake.  Shakira was so funny and intelligent.  Adam wasn't tired of the show.  Blake and Adam's bromance and shtick wasn't old yet.

• Love 8

I miss Adam and understand why he left. Nick is doing an awesome job. He gives good advice and is happy to be there. 

So many of the contestants coming on with their tragedies depress me. I want to be lifted up and not feel the weight of life. I’ve had tragedies in my life but don’t unnecessarily share my story. It’s a sad reality when my coworkers don’t know the contestants name but refer to the person by their tragedy. Hope the tptb hear our prayers 🙏

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

To me, Gwen is the quintissential (sp) airhead.   She offered absolutely nothing to the show.   So much wasted money.  

I agree. All she did was talk about how she could them bring out their personality and ask what type of earrings they were going to wear.

No one has stuck out for me yet. I thought the last lady with the son that had leukemia was good but not perfect like they were saying.

• Love 1

Goodness, the “yes sir, yes ma’am, thank you, Mr. John” kid was adorable.

I don’t know what to do with the judges giving specific, music-related comments! What show is this?

Edited by sharifa70
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, shantown said:

Liking this season so far, but I agree with others who have said there needs to be an age minimum. 

Agree.   And the kid at the end who was supposedly 14?   He didn't look a minute over 12, if that.  

• Love 6
On 2/28/2020 at 6:58 AM, Ladyrain said:

Agree.   And the kid at the end who was supposedly 14?   He didn't look a minute over 12, if that.  

I agree with you on that but have to admit the only season of AGT that I watched had all young talent and I enjoyed it the most. Angelica Hale, Celine Tam and the winner was a young lady that was a ventriloquist with an excellent voice. Names for the most part escape me but there were two or three others that I rooted for.  Lol everybody complained about the number of singers and the ages. 

I always wished I was able to sing and play the piano.  I guess it explains why ages don’t bother me as much as their abilities. 

3 hours ago, Ellee said:

I guess it explains why ages don’t bother me as much as their abilities. 

Except, unfortunately, we have to listen to the endless litany of he/she is ONLY X!!!!  We're always supposed to cut them a break because they are good for their age, NOT because they are the best.  I really think having all the young ones violates the original premise of the show.  I'd be perfectly happy if they reinstituted a minimum age of over 18 or even no teenagers.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Except, unfortunately, we have to listen to the endless litany of he/she is ONLY X!!!!  We're always supposed to cut them a break because they are good for their age, NOT because they are the best.  I really think having all the young ones violates the original premise of the show.  I'd be perfectly happy if they reinstituted a minimum age of over 18 or even no teenagers.

😁😁😁 I definitely hear you on that. I do get tired of the ‘You are only XX???’ comments as well as the other stories that are given. 

Minimum ages would be fine with me on The Voice.   It’s a totally different show than AGT.  I found that AGT is not for me overall.   I do like to watch The Voice Kids on YouTube.  Not only for the kids overall but I like the judges too. 

• Love 2

So true, especially as the season goes on and gets to the point where viewers vote.   To me, at that point, it's all about Song Choice, Song Choice!    They'll sing some draggy, boring tune because their ex liked it, or it reminds them of their dead uncle or something  -   when they should be choosing a song that not only showcases their range, but also gets the crowd (viewers) cheering.   Sort of like a band in a club:   When they play a boring song, everyone just sits at their table.   But when they play a universal rocking favorite, everyone gets up and rocks the dance floor.   They're in a good mood.   JMO

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Ellee said:

😁😁😁 I definitely hear you on that. I do get tired of the ‘You are only XX???’ comments as well as the other stories that are given. 

"That's so crazy!"

• LOL 3
On 2/26/2020 at 10:13 AM, Ladyrain said:

Is it just me?   Because I am LOVING the show this season.   The judges are killing it together, and the talent is amazing.   I am having so much fun watching. ...   Just me?

I'm really enjoying this season too!

I wasn't sure what to expect with Nick Jonas since I've never really paid much attention to the Jonas Brothers, but like someone posted earlier, he's an unexpected delight! The taking notes thing is cute, and I like how quickly he's taken to mixing it up with the other coaches and having fun. He also seems like he's genuinely being sweet, like when he gave a drawing to the sketch artist girl and when he hugged the NickJLover email girl. So far he's a great addition to the show!

I also think I'm enjoying this season more than I have in a while because it feels like we're getting a more musically diverse group of singers and styles this time. (And I have to admit I'm not a country fan, so I'm glad we haven't been inundated with a bunch of country singers.....yet). I hope this trend continues, and maybe, just maybe, I'll make it to the end of the season which I haven't done for at least the last 3 seasons!