Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: At Night, All Birds are Black

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Meyer imparted unto Jonah a proverb, with which Jonah fortified himself. A sharp tongued serpent sought to poison The Hunters' resolve. Evil hath taken root in the land of Alabama, whereupon The Hunters did descend to blot it out. A herald brought unto Millie grim tidings of Evil spread throughout the land.

Dropping on Amazon on Friday, February 21, 2020.

2 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

I live in Huntsville and am heavily vested in the space program.  This episode cracked me up.  So NASA is the bad guys?  Hmm

Well there were a lot of Nazi scientists in the program and the U.S. Government gave them safe haven. NASA itself aren't the bad guys but there's certainly an ethical argument to be had about their reliance on Werner von Braun and others. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Hahaha, I loved everyone's reactions when Mindy reminded them that she and Murray would be gone for their daughter's wedding.

I totally cracked up on when Lonny got mad about Tilda spitting shit onto his silk shirt. So rude and inconsiderate!

WTF?! Harriet just left Joe and Jonah behind at the party with at least two dead bodies?

Ooh, what is Offerman hiding? He shot that Nazi lady as soon as she started talking about him.

I was glad to see Lonny use a napkin to wipe his fingerprints off the champagne glass before he left. I was actually thinking about how they were all touching the wall in the vault in the previous episode and leaving fingerprints.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hahaha, I loved everyone's reactions when Mindy reminded them that she and Murray would be gone for their daughter's wedding.

I totally cracked up on when Lonny got mad about Tilda spitting shit onto his silk shirt. So rude and inconsiderate!

WTF?! Harriet just left Joe and Jonah behind at the party with at least two dead bodies?

Ooh, what is Offerman hiding? He shot that Nazi lady as soon as she started talking about him.

I was glad to see Lonny use a napkin to wipe his fingerprints off the champagne glass before he left. I was actually thinking about how they were all touching the wall in the vault in the previous episode and leaving fingerprints.

Right?  Mr TV Diva King, doesn't get things on tv as quickly as the Queen does 🙂  and as soon as he shot her, I said "she knows something", and he's like "hmm, totally didn't get that"  ugh.....boys.  

• Love 1

Is the fact the US and Soviets recruited Nazis at the end of WWII news to anyone? This has been known for many decades, so maybe in 1977 it was news but certainly not now. It feels like this show thinks it is teaching us something but so far, it’s pretty obvious stuff. 

• Love 1

There's a line in the film Ice Station Zebra where the British agent (Patrick McGoohan) says to the American nuclear submarine captain (Rock Hudson):  "The Russians put our camera made by *our* German scientists and your film made by *your* German scientists into their satellite made by *their* German scientists."

It was then put in a polar orbit and took pictures of every bit of the Earth's surface, so the Soviets would have details of the West, but if the West recovered it first, they'd have the same details of the Not-West.

The film wasn't bad, the book was better, and this line slays me on every viewing.

Edited by kassygreene
spelling
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2021 at 6:46 PM, Ottis said:

Is the fact the US and Soviets recruited Nazis at the end of WWII news to anyone?

The episode implies that our fearless hunters discovered the Nazis in HSV.

My Dad worked for NASA in Huntsville in the 70s (pronounced locally as HUNTSvul) and everybody in HSV knew that the US recruited Nazis and German scientists who worked for the Third Reich. Von Braun was a local hero. (We marveled that he had artificial turf for grass at his home.)

Here is an article that describes why/how he became a Nazi:

https://www.al.com/news/2017/10/was_wernher_von_braun_really_a.html