Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Center Mass

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Solid episode.. Good police work... No sinister person abusing their power( for a sec I thought Sammy was describing the social worker)...  I enjoyed Bailey working well and being a bit of a mentor to rojas

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't care what blondie mcdouchenozzle (Upton) said.  That wasn't a good shoot.   Vanessa is that close to the dude, close enough to sneeze on him, and she can't tell he didn't have a gun?    

It was reasonable.. Which seems to be all the cops need.. And as fictitious cop shoots go this one made sense.. Sam had been bussing off and then he ran was making real dangerous moves and had his hand in the jacket... I mean a lawyer could still make a case of it.. Just saying we've seen much more suspect shootings on the show 

• Love 1

This was decent, but it seemed more "stand alone" for some reason.  I'm pretty meh on Rojas but she was ok and seemed legitimately torn up about the shooting.  Upton on the other hand................I don't even know who she is anymore.  In the short time she's been around, she's done a total 180 and they've ruined her.  They are going to end up writing her out I bet because they've written her into a corner, just like Al.  BUT we miss Al!!

MS/Burgess has really gotten a chance to show she can act.  That little Suzy Sunshine patrol cop is gone forever!

1 minute ago, UNOSEZ said:

Not all of us... I was always pretty meh on him.. He enabled Voight and his nonsense and died endorsing more nonsense... Cool i guess 

Really?  He was such a Neanderthal curmedgeon, but I liked him anyay.  Not sure why.

2 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Really?  He was such a Neanderthal curmedgeon, but I liked him anyay.  Not sure why.

Al was solid.. He just never moved the needle for me.. And he's talked about with such reverence on the boards and I just don't see it.. But I def didn't dislike him

• Love 2

Despite how slow this episode was Rojas wasn't as bad as I was expecting, I mean she's not the worst but I still don't have any real interest in her though. She's just meh.

The guy that played Sammy was awesome. It seems that the guest are much better characters than some of the actual cast.

I really wish they would have followed through the whole episode with her working with Atwater instead of shoehorning the condescending hypocrite into the story. She seemed to think the whole thing with Sammy was amusing half the time....all her awful character traits were on display. Sometimes in the space of one scene.

It would have been nice to see Atwater mentor her, he's about the only half-way decent cop on the show but by halfway through the episode they seemed to forgot that Atwater & Halstead even existed.

But hey, at least she got a pat on the back for shooting an un-armed guy & told to go home and run a bubble bath & all will be forgotten. Voight, I get, he's always protected his team but the hypocrite suddenly merrily going along with him, something's up with her. Wouldn't trust her as far as I could kick her. 

Maybe Voight should also sleep with one eye open?

Ugh!    I can't stand Rojas so I didn't like this episode at all.  She's a "recurring" character and not a regular so I'm hoping she's gone next season. 

I agree with with everyone who likes Atwater but I hate the way he talks.  When he was on patrol with Burgess he spoke clearly.    Now that he's moved upstairs he mumbles his lines and most of the time I have no idea what he said. 

Edited by AnnA

I liked this one a lot. I agree that the actor who played Sammy (Luke Slattery) was very good. I'm mostly meh on Rojas but she was pretty good here. 

Two strong episodes in a row, both lead by females, I like it - now if they could only give Trudy something to sink her teeth into, that'd be awesome.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2
On 2/15/2020 at 3:44 PM, AnnA said:

Ugh!    I can't stand Rojas so I didn't like this episode at all.  She's a "recurring" character and not a regular so I'm hoping she's gone next season. 

I agree with with everyone who likes Atwater but I hate the way he talks.  When he was on patrol with Burgess he spoke clearly.    Now that he's moved upstairs he mumbles his lines and most of the time I have no idea what he said. 

Lisseth Chavez (who plays Rojas), is shown in the opening titles, after LaRoyce Hawkins, so she is a main character, not recurring. And she's been in every episode since episode 2. So she's there to stay.

And Rojas is pretty decent on this show. IMO, it's because she's not dragged into the constant relationship drama that we see with Kim and Hailey. Her stories revolve around her work or her background. And that's a refreshing change as we don't have to worry or talk about which team member she's sleeping with.

• Love 2
On August 1, 2019 at 4:37 AM, Guildford said:

https://deadline.com/2019/07/chicago-p-d-lisseth-chavez-vsdt-season-7-of-nbc-series-recurring-1202658244/

So they are replacing Antonio with another female so they can continue the bed-swapping shenanigans.🙄

Wonder who they'll hook her up with Halstead or Ruzek? Or will Atwater finally get some love?

7 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Lisseth Chavez (who plays Rojas), is shown in the opening titles, after LaRoyce Hawkins, so she is a main character, not recurring. And she's been in every episode since episode 2. So she's there to stay.

And Rojas is pretty decent on this show. IMO, it's because she's not dragged into the constant relationship drama that we see with Kim and Hailey. Her stories revolve around her work or her background. And that's a refreshing change as we don't have to worry or talk about which team member she's sleeping with.

I haven't seen any announcement about Chavez moving from a recurring to a regular character.   The last blurb in Deadline is posted above.

I watch Chicago PD regularly and don't recall "stories" revolving around her.    This is the only one I remember seeing.

27 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I haven't seen any announcement about Chavez moving from a recurring to a regular character.   The last blurb in Deadline is posted above.

I watch Chicago PD regularly and don't recall "stories" revolving around her.    This is the only one I remember seeing.

Recurring actors/actresses aren't placed in the opening titles with other starring characters. If they're recurring, the credits will usually show "Also Starring". Or just simply "Guest Starring." And they also won't appear in every episode. In episodes 2 and 3, Chavez was listed as a Guest Star. From episode 4 and onward, she was in the opening credits with the rest of team. When Tracy Spiridakos first joined the show near the end of Season 4, she was in a recurring role and wasn't put in the main credits until the start of the next season.

And the stories don't need to evolve around her character. But she is there in every episode, and she holds her own as a member of the team.

7 hours ago, Guildford said:

Yet...you know it's coming. They can't help themselves.

Well I'll enjoy her team celibacy for as long as it lasts.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

Recurring actors/actresses aren't placed in the opening titles with other starring characters. If they're recurring, the credits will usually show "Also Starring". Or just simply "Guest Starring." And they also won't appear in every episode. In episodes 2 and 3, Chavez was listed as a Guest Star. From episode 4 and onward, she was in the opening credits with the rest of team. When Tracy Spiridakos first joined the show near the end of Season 4, she was in a recurring role and wasn't put in the main credits until the start of the next season.

And the stories don't need to evolve around her character. But she is there in every episode, and she holds her own as a member of the team.

Well I'll enjoy her team celibacy for as long as it lasts.

OK......I don't pay attention to the credits or know how they work.    I just hope she's gone next season.   She's a useless addition to the cast.   She contributes nothing and is boring to watch.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:29 PM, AnnA said:

OK......I don't pay attention to the credits or know how they work.    I just hope she's gone next season.   She's a useless addition to the cast.   She contributes nothing and is boring to watch.

She fills the Hispanic demographic that left when Antonio went to rehab.  Wasn't expecting them to ever mention him again, but wouldn't in a real life work situation people wonder how he is doing?  Same with Al, there's never any mention of him.  

I thought it was a solid and realistic episode.  Once again we have Voight doing the dirty work and saying they found a gun when they really didn't, and with the knowing look from Hailey.  Wonder how he gets everybody - including cops not on his team -  to go along with things.