Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E17: Mark Ruffalo, David Schwimmer, Tamsin Greig, Nick Mohammed, Alicia Keys

• Start Topic

Together on Graham’s sofa, Hollywood star Mark Ruffalo, in new legal thriller Dark Waters, Friends star David Schwimmer and British comedian and writer Nick Mohammed, together in new spy comedy Intelligence, and Episodes star Tamsin Greig, in Julian Fellowes’ new period drama Belgravia. With music from singer-songwriter Alicia Keys, who performs her new single Underdog.

On 2/8/2020 at 8:56 PM, Corgi-ears said:

I'm not sure I can love Mark Ruffalo more.

He was adorable.

I'm of two minds with Schwimmer, though. On the one hand, for part of the show he was quite charming, and his genuine delight when he found out Ruffalo had worked at Ed Debevic's in L.A. was great. On the other hand, he also seemed like kind of a pill when the attention wasn't on him. He seemed to smile only when he realized he might be on camera. 

Maybe I'm annoyed because Graham called Schwimmer a TV legend. He's not. That goes for everyone in the cast of Friends. I know it was just a dumb intro, but for some reason it really rubbed me the wrong way.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

On the other hand, he also seemed like kind of a pill when the attention wasn't on him. He seemed to smile only when he realized he might be on camera.

Ha.  And for me, I saw him and said "that would be me" on the couch.  I don't think I would personally describe him as a pill. He seemed more awkward than anything. I never got the sense that he wasn't paying attention or disengaged.  But it definitely felt like he loosened up a bit in the second half.  Maybe the alcohol kicked in?

I did love the red chair's story; although it made me also doubt it was real.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He was adorable.

I'm of two minds with Schwimmer, though. On the one hand, for part of the show he was quite charming, and his genuine delight when he found out Ruffalo had worked at Ed Debevic's in L.A. was great. On the other hand, he also seemed like kind of a pill when the attention wasn't on him. He seemed to smile only when he realized he might be on camera. 

Maybe I'm annoyed because Graham called Schwimmer a TV legend. He's not. That goes for everyone in the cast of Friends. I know it was just a dumb intro, but for some reason it really rubbed me the wrong way.

I don't get the Friends frenzy and love. It sucked. It made billionaires out of low rent actors. 

• Love 1

Maybe Schwimmer had heard tales of what could go down on that couch by Matthew Perry and was petrified? I'll never forget Perry's face when hit with the full force of MM. Kidding aside it was Schwimmer's first time with that format and I think that's quite a challenge when you're only used to the more standard formats. To me it looked as if he was trying to learn the lay of the land for a while and then settled into the part of a very dry straight man to Ruffalo's lovable act. And it really worked.

• Love 6

Poor Graham, thinking the woman sitting next to Lawyer Bilott was his wife.  Which is exactly what I thought, when the camera had the two-shot of them. 

And this on the heels of calling Jennifer Saunders the wrong name a couple of weeks ago.

He handles embarrassment better than anyone I can think of.

I was a big Friends fan back in the day, but I don't think any of the cast qualifies as a TV legend. Maybe Christina Pickles and Marlo Thomas if you count recurring actors in supporting roles.

Edited by Bruinsfan