Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: This Charming Man

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Rainbow is excited to go on her first real date with Bryce for Valentine's Day; Alicia is wary to let Rainbow start dating and invites Bryce's parents over for dinner to cross-examine them; Paul gets into a fight with Bryce's dad over politics.

Airs February 11, 2020.

I love that Rainbow isn't in a rush to grow up. It's totally normal for a 13 year old girl to want to go on her first date, especially when she already has a boyfriend. I get Alicia's concern, but it was so wrong for her to give her permission only to bust into the movie theater and embarrass her daughter.

A+ use of The Greatest Love of All at the end of the episode.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

A+ use of The Greatest Love of All at the end of the episode.

Loved it! The song they choose at the end of the episode is always awesome, but this one was especially poignant. 

Also enjoying Harrison and Santamonica's relationship. The two of them are the only ones who remotely get each other in their hippie, touchy feely family. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, bybrandy said:

Andre must be such a let down after Bryce.   

I know right?! To have such a wonderful first boyfriend and end up with a jackass man baby like Dre is just...ouch. 

"Your literally standing on a soapbox!" I loved Denise and Harrison teasing Paul about him going "full Paul" and Harrison's talk with Santi about making fun of her brother at school. A bit of teasing your family at home is all well and good, but doing it with other people in public isnt alright. 

Bows friends very questionable advice was so hilariously ridiculous in a middle school way, with the straws and the chocolates and the bases, and Bow and Bryce both realizing that maybe they're friends dont actually know what they're talking about when it comes to dating. Superfreak being blasted at the movies was amazing, and while Alicia breaking up the date was super cringy, but their date at Bows house was cute. Really, Paul and Alicia should be thrilled that Bows first boyfriend is such a sweet kid, he is basically the best first boyfriend you could ask for. Even if his dad IS a fan of trickle down economies...

• Love 12
On 2/12/2020 at 12:09 AM, bybrandy said:

Andre must be such a let down after Bryce.   

So you know how in lots of movies they'll show a young woman's first love who's cute, sweet and just all around amazing?  Then he dies in some tragic accident (a la Fried Green Tomatoes) and in the aftermath the young woman ends up with some awful jerk who she later must overcome?  That's what I think of every time Bryce shows up.  He must die in some terrible trolley accident or something for Bow to end up with Andre.  It's the only thing that makes sense.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 2/13/2020 at 10:11 AM, Snapdragon said:

So you know how in lots of movies they'll show a young woman's first love who's cute, sweet and just all around amazing?  Then he dies in some tragic accident (a la Fried Green Tomatoes) and in the aftermath the young woman ends up with some awful jerk who she later must overcome?  That's what I think of every time Bryce shows up.  He must die in some terrible trolley accident or something for Bow to end up with Andre.  It's the only thing that makes sense.

Or his family can just move away.

• Love 1
On February 13, 2020 at 10:11 AM, Snapdragon said:

But even so, there had to be so many boys/men out there sooooo much better. It's as if she shoved he hand right down to the bottom of the barrel, grabbed the dregs and voila!!! Dre!!!!

• Love 2