Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Reversal of Fortune

mxc90
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Rashad is a boring character and an hour of him was tough to take. I hope All of New York doesn't lead the way to a spin off with him!

With all the mentions of Rashad's luck/fortune, (at the hotel) I was hoping someone showed up to shoot him when he opened the door.

The only good thing he did was make Ramona, Cassandra, and Lorette look stupid.

What was with that sudden turn around look from Ramona after he "humbly accepted" her congratulations at the church?

What assassin insists on killing the target after he's told the job is off?

Carter can't hit a target, can't properly inspect a weapon before a job and can't negotiate (we can do it faster and "cheaper")!

On this show, it never ends well for people from the D.C. area!!!!!!!!!!

Kamaal came off as a very jealous brother. Always questioning every move Rashad makes.

If Kamaal knows the neighborhood is clean, he could have identified he's "NYPD" before he shot or ordered Carter to lower his weapon/arrest him and interrogate him/find out about his brother.

The scene of Tate and the people in the diner, I was waiting for him to wake up from a dream. Those people were way over the top with their excitement seeing him.

Poor Chris! Asks for a letter of recommendation and for his troubles has a mug thrown at him!

Simon assumed Tate would know an African war chant!!??

Rashad had a gun on him the entire time? Lack of security! Frist Paz now him!

The news already knew Ghost was dead moments after the police arrived or was Kamaal very slow driving to the crime scene?  

Speak a little louder Kamaal, I am sure the folks didn't hear you tell Rashad Dre is dead.

In the opening credits, most of the actor's names shown are dead on the show.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

Son receiving OJT to be a hitman, from his father. Okay. (That was reminiscent of a hitman scene in the movie Nurse Betty, with Chris Rock and Morgan Freeman. "Three in the head, you know they're dead.")

I wish they had brought in the Croop character sooner. It would've been interesting to see him up against Tommy and Ghost.

Tate comparing himself to Obama? Uh, no. And how short was Tate's brother if Tate was taller than him?

I'm with Tate on one point: how did the DNC not catch wind of that trail of bodies James had left all over New York? Maybe they did and were going to blackmail him later into doing some of their dirty work.

Tate skulking around in a black hoodie at night at a crime scene was a bright idea. 😑

New York leads the way? Eh, except maybe when California does. Catchy local slogan though.

Wow, Tate didn't have to go after Ramona like that, delusional though she was about James. What a POS. I'm gonna need for him to get the James treatment. Yo, Tariq! Come through! 🙄

Wait, what? The preview for the finale kind of made it seem like Tasha killed James. Hmmm.

Simon assumed Tate would know an African war chant!!??

Yeah, just when you think Simon can't be more racist, he surprises you and goes deeper.

Speak a little louder Kamaal, I am sure the folks didn't hear you tell Rashad Dre is dead.

Right? In front of all those TV cameras and microphones. No way.

• Love 2

I'm so sick of them dragging out this who shot Ghost saga. I could tell towards the end of the episode that we weren't going to find out again tonight. I mean of course folks will stick it out until the end because we're invested, but did the writers think anyone would enjoy this dragging on with each character getting an episode about their whereabouts leading up to the shooting? Ain't nobody thinking about Paz and Rashad like that! 

And I'm glad James caught a slow bullet cause his mouth was just too reckless. 

Edited by andreamf15
  • Love 3

Cedric the Entertainer and Brandon Michael Hall are on wholesome family shows right now (The Neighborhood and God Friended Me, respectively) so it was a trip to see them slicing off knees. But they were a fun pair. (Cedric is right about country music.)

23 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And how short was Tate's brother if Tate was taller than him?

You can also tell Omari Hardwick is short because he wasn't that much taller than Tate.

The nephew running and jumping into Tate's arms was absolutely adorable. Otherwise, the episode was pretty meh.

• Love 5

It will be an obscure character that shot Ghost.  It WON'T be Tariq.  Why?  The main giveaway is the news would never describe the killer that way if it was his own son.  "We are getting our first look at the killer."  No, it would be, "James St. Patrick was killed by his own son" or something like that.  Also, Tommy's reaction to the killer.  His look didn't scream Tariq or Tasha.  It was someone they both knew and probably had prior issues with.

I must have misheard an earlier episode.  I thought Tate was announced as his opponent's Lt Governor choice after Ghost was killed, not the DNC choice for Governor.  Oh well, I'm too lazy to go back and see if I heard it wrong.

Ready for this to be over.  Dragging out the reveal this long has become tedious and just insults the audience.

• Love 3

I liked this episode a lot. Mainly because you can see that Larenz Tate is having fun in the role. Also, the story seemed more cohesive to me. Well, as cohesive as Power can be at this point. Shout out to Mario Van Peebles for the direction.

Rashad is smarmy and smug AF, but I was glad that he got back on top in the end. And, I LOL'd at his "Fuck all y'all" when he crashed Loretta's brunch.

Cedric was hilarious in his cameo. "Line dancing ain't nothing but the electric slide." I can't unsee it now.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/28/2020 at 12:27 PM, Sheenieb said:

Rashad is smarmy and smug AF

And don't forget petty AF!  When he told the reporter that Loretta was sleeping with Ghost and then threw it in her face that her name would be always be associated with sleeping client...

giphy.gif

(Although I don't condone this type of petty because his sleeping around isn't affecting his career aspirations, but the mere suggestion that she might have can impact hers is some real patriarchal bullshit.)

• Love 2
On 1/28/2020 at 12:27 PM, Sheenieb said:

I liked this episode a lot. Mainly because you can see that Larenz Tate is having fun in the role. Also, the story seemed more cohesive to me. Well, as cohesive as Power can be at this point. Shout out to Mario Van Peebles for the direction.

Rashad is smarmy and smug AF, but I was glad that he got back on top in the end. And, I LOL'd at his "Fuck all y'all" when he crashed Loretta's brunch.

Cedric was hilarious in his cameo. "Line dancing ain't nothing but the electric slide." I can't unsee it now.

I loved the eppy too, it is great seeing Larenz on the screen where he belongs.

I forgot that Lahmard was in Jason's Lyric, he got beefy in a good way and love the bald head.

I thought Tate was going to get shot too when he opened the door to Ramona....don't like her so didn't feel bad for her one bit.

• Love 1