Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

• Start Topic

Okay, so, the deepest comment about this episode that I can muster is this: B.D. Wong turns 60 (!!!) this year and is still an absolute snack. It was hard for me to buy him as Nora's dad considering he looked more like her older brother. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Stinger97 said:

: B.D. Wong turns 60 (!!!) this year and is still an absolute snack.

Forget the Dark Army, he's clearly part of the secret society that Paul Rudd is part of where they look the same as they did 20-30 years ago. 

I wanted to try to like this.  I gave up after 10 minutes.  While it's great to see BD Wong doing something different, Bowen Yang is playing himself in any character he has currently done on SNL in his few months he's been there.  

• Love 3

I accidentally watched episode 6 first and then went back and watched the pilot. I thought the later episode was more relaxed (although part of that may be due to the fact that they weren't setting up the premise and introducing so many characters, which they had to do in the pilot).

In comparison, I could see why the pilot seemed a bit more cliche/contrived but I'm going to stick with it. I try not to judge pilots too harshly unless they're really awful.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:55 PM, Stinger97 said:

B.D. Wong turns 60 (!!!) this year and is still an absolute snack. It was hard for me to buy him as Nora's dad considering he looked more like her older brother. 

In some of the close ups, I was like fuuuuuuck, his skin is still so smooth and plump!

• Love 2
On 1/26/2020 at 4:22 PM, Neurochick said:

I loved this and thought it was funny.

Same here. The episode had some typical pilot clumsiness, but I found it funny overall. Mixed in with “Millennials who need to figure themselves out and get their shit together” storylines. And I like Awkwafina . So I’m here for more episodes. 

Edited by topanga
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I did not care for this episode.  Like everyone else it felt really off and I only made it about 5 min in.  

That said, I read that the later episodes were better, so I gave the Atlantic City episode a try and it was really funny.  So I recommend anyone who didn't like this episode to give the show another try because at least the next episode was pretty good.  

• Love 1