Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Lapse in Judgement

• Start Topic

SEASON FINALE!

Tensions run high as Bette and Dani await the election results; Shane and Quiara go through a difficult challenge; Alice takes a big swing on her show; Sophie and Dani consider another big step in their relationship.

Promo:

Clip:

Original air date: 1/26/20

(edited)

OMG! Perd Hapley? More like TURD CRAPLEY!

Geez, Dani's dad can't stop micromanaging her life even when she tells him that she's going on vacation. Like Dani's dad, I prefer Maui to Oahu, but I wouldn't tell someone who is on their way to Oahu to go to Maui instead. Different people like different things which is why we all get to make our own choices.

Quiara was pretty harsh. Just because Shane doesn't want to have kids doesn't mean that she can't love anyone else or that she only loves herself. It just means that she doesn't want kids so quit assigning other attributes to that one part of her. It was ridiculous of Quiara to characterize her miscarriage as Shane winning and getting what she wanted, especially when, as Shane pointed out, Quiara is the one who showed up pregnant knowing that Shane didn't want kids.

Finley definitely needs some therapy. She also needs to learn how to respect other people's boundaries. Showing up at her ex's unannounced late at night was not cool, even if it was to apologize (sort of - only after she word vomited all about herself). And even after she acknowledged that, she still had the nerve to ask her ex for some paper and a pen. It's great if you want to start your apology tour, but get your own fucking pen and paper. Like Rebecca said, start with baby steps. You know, like getting a pen and some paper from the store or your house or anywhere but your ex's house.

My reaction to the existence of Scott: no way, Jose!

Did we really need a three minute musical montage of Dani, Finley, and Sophie at the airport? They could have achieved the same cliched cliffhanger in about 30 seconds.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
On 1/26/2020 at 6:40 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Did we really need a three minute musical montage of Dani, Finley, and Sophie at the airport? They could have achieved the same cliched cliffhanger in about 30 seconds.

It did take too long.  We get it already, show! 

The only place Sophie should have been going is to tell Dani the wedding is off and why.   I hope that's the outcome.  If she just leaves Dani there waiting for her while she goes off with Finley....well, fuck YOU, Sophie.  If she meets Dani and goes off to get married, again, FUCK YOU, Sophie.  Cheating the night before you go off to your wedding makes you a CHEATER and a LIAR, not a wife.

Yay for Shane for picking up that lonely dog.  I hope this isn't something that makes Shane think she needs a baby in her life to take care of.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, izabella said:

It did take too long.  We get it already, show! 

The only place Sophie should have been going is to tell Dani the wedding is off and why.   I hope that's the outcome.  If she just leaves Dani there waiting for her while she goes off with Finley....well, fuck YOU, Sophie.  If she meets Dani and goes off to get married, again, FUCK YOU, Sophie.  Cheating the night before you go off to your wedding makes you a CHEATER and a LIAR, not a wife.

Yay for Shane for picking up that lonely dog.  I hope this isn't something that makes Shane think she needs a baby in her life to take care of.

So agreed. Surely no one would want to see two people get married under these circumstances especially. There's no need to stab the woman in the heart by leaving her at the airport. She could have just told her when she proposed it that with everything that's been happening you think this is a terrible time to jump into a marriage. I honestly don't get why Sophie's even supposed to be considering marrying Dani when she just slept with Finley and complained about Dani being distracted on the night of the friggin' election. If you even resent her job on that night it's obviously not meant to be.

Did not see that guy being married. No idea where that's going. I was so afraid the painting was going to be something horrible that made Mikah feel humiliated I didn't care what happened after that!

I did love Shane picking up the dog. I hope that it's the opposite of it making her thinking she needs to take care of a baby. Obviously Shane doesn't only think about herself if she picks up a dog just because it's lonely. But the dog's going to happy to have her as a friend instead of wanting her to be somebody else. It just seemed really crazy how her wife was judging her reactions as if everything was a test she was failing. As far as I can see Shane was completely honest about her feelings the whole time and Quiara just pretended she was okay with that while actually making her feel like a monster the whole time. It's not even like she's not good with kids!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Did not see that guy being married. No idea where that's going.

It'll probably be something like Jose being married for legal reasons. But Micah, being a TV character instead of a real person, will avoid talking to him, and the truth will take way too long to surface, etc.

And I cannot believe in 2020 a show -- a queer show at that -- is still doing that stupid running to the airport trope.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Best line was given to Angie when she asked Alice: "What's a movie of the week."

My PVR cut when Sophie was going up the escalator, so I am thinking she meets Finley and not Dani.

Finley is the worst character so far on the show. She mooches off her friends, has terrible personal hygiene and no boundaries.  Sophie is second worst character.  She and Dani have been together how long, and she throws it all away because Dani got a more demanding job, and just didn't have as much time for her.  It's not like the job with Bette would have been as demanding after the election. She bailed on Dani, not the other way around.

Still not warming up to Nat.  I think Alice has better chemistry with Gigi.  

I think Bette should have won the election just for storyline's sake. I hate the fact that the mayor elect tried to placate her with a fake job offer while back dealing with Dani's father behind closed doors. 

Let's see if season 2 gets better. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, greekmom said:

Finley is the worst character so far on the show. She mooches off her friends, has terrible personal hygiene and no boundaries. 

I dunno. For me, she's like a puppy - messy and badly behaved, but I can't help but love her.

14 hours ago, greekmom said:

Still not warming up to Nat.  I think Alice has better chemistry with Gigi.

Agreed. I have a massive crush on the stunningly gorgeous Sepideh Moafi (who plays Gigi).

Edited by purist
9 hours ago, purist said:

I dunno. For me, she's like a puppy - messy and badly behaved, but I can't help but love her.

Yeah, to me she seems like she's actually a pretty good friend. Her advice to Sophie and Dani was good, and she doesn't seem to manipulate people into letting them stay with her or anything. Like she lived with Shane but seemed to see it as a lucky thing she was grateful for until it was gone.

Of course, she shouldn't have slept with Sophie, for instance, but she also seems to have a bad pattern of considering herself guilty of huge sins rather than just owning bad ideas and doing something about it (she seems to be starting to do that now), which in itself seems to tie back to her religious upbringing. (Plus that's an even bigger sin for Sophie, who doesn't seem as guilty about it!)

tl;dr, she doesn't bug me.

• Love 1

I think Finley can be oblivious and slightly self-destructive, but she doesn't seem to be malicious. manipulative, or intentionally bad/mean. In the Sophie situation, the fact that Sophie is the one who is engaged makes her more culpable (Finley definitely bears some responsibility since obviously she was capable of getting up and leaving AND because she's friends with Dani, but to me Sophie bears way more fault).

I agree with the puppy analogy, partly because Finley often seems oblivious. She reminds me of Mr. EB's old roommate's dog - she was a huge puppy because she was part Rottweiler but she didn't KNOW she was huge so when I came into the room, she would get excited and run towards me. She didn't realize how big she was so she would knock over a chair as she ran past it and generally make a big mess without intending to.

But now that Finley finally got a clue, I hope she seeks some kind of counseling to work through her issues when she gets back from her sister's wedding. I have a feeling she will have even more issues when she gets back based on the fact that her sister didn't even tell her that she got engaged and she wasn't invited to the wedding.

• Love 2

Dani and Sophia would never work long term as a couple but I hate that we get a cliched hook-up the night before they were getting married. I wish Sophia had talked to Dani and ended things before she decided to sleep with her good friend. 

I want to like Sophia but she’s kind of a brat and also she reminds me of a woman I had a fling with once who I cannot stand, lol. 

• LOL 1