Type keyword(s) to search

Chopped 2020: A Year Without Chopsticks ... Please??

cooksdelight
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Rammchick said:

And did I see that jerk who beat Bobby Flay as one of the competing judges?!

I saw that too. Don't think there were 8 beat the judges episodes so they must have needed some extra bodies.

• Love 1

I saw that guy too and wondered what he was doing in that crowd.  

I didn't like the judging panel either.  I don't mind Christian but he isn't one I think of when I think of chefs with serious culinary expertise who should be sitting in judgment of other chefs.  The women were just unpleasant and I usually like Nilou.  

I definitely didn't agree with the choice of winner.  The young woman seemed nice but she also seemed to make more mistakes and get more criticism than the fellow.

• Love 1

Alton Brown has arrived in the Chopped Kitchen.  The ingredients were weird, but I was expecting even worse.  Surprised each was selected by an Alton fan.   All of the chefs seemed flummoxed and I didn't think any of the four were outstanding. The guy (already forgot his name) who kept messing up his baking got on my last nerve.

I wasn't impressed with any of the chefs.  I did agree with the order of elimination based upon what I could see.  Alton wasn't as nasty as I expected and I didn't think the baskets were much different from the usual Chopped selections.  Good Eats came on immediately following so maybe Alton was being a little nicer in hopes of getting viewers to stay for his show.  I didn't.