Type keyword(s) to search

S40: Sarah Lacina

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

cast bio

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/216314/

"Pet peeves: Loud eaters, voicemails, slow drivers in the left lane, when my husband leaves empty boxes in the pantry, text messages before 6 am, pouring cereal into a bowl just to find out there's no milk, when you are a loyal customer and your bill goes up but a new customer gets a better deal, no hot water left when you get in the shower, unsubscribing from emails but they still send you emails, group text messages, people that back into parking spaces, cats, steep driveways, pen clicking, restaurant tables that are uneven or wobbly, empty toilet paper roll left on the roller, delayed flights, and interrupted TV due to weather."

allrighty then

I still don't like Sarah. I don't know if it's her RBF or her personality or what. I'm more on of side of voting her out the first moment you get. I think she will play everyone again and backstab them like she did in Game Changers so you got to cut her early. Although, it would be fun to see her and Tony work together.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I haven't gone through all the interviews yet, but what does everyone have against Sarah? 

I don't know but I sure do love it lol. Sarah is the only one of the women that I'm just not interested in seeing again at all so I really hope she is booted quickly.

Insofar as I’d put Sarah out of my mind as soon as she vacated my TV screen, I’m having difficulty recollecting exactly why I’d disliked her so much - but as I recall:

1. Personality = nonexistent.  I mean, the word “bland” looks at Sarah and says, “Put her picture next to me in the dictionary, please”.  Sarah makes vanilla ice cream look effervescent, and next to her a dead carp would seem a cheerily affable companion for afternoon tea.
  2. Gameplay = unremarkable.  Sarah’s performance in her inaugural outing in Cagayan was so poor, I never understood what qualified her as a Game Changers pick in the first place.  In Sarah’s second outing, her core strategy tenet appeared to be “be in a tribe which rarely if ever goes to TC” - and no way Sarah wins if she’s sitting at FTC next to anybody OTHER than Brad Culpepper; IMHO every vote for Sarah was actually a spite vote against Brad.*

* Oh, sorry; did I forget about Troyzan?  Well... so did the Jury, apparently. 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Sarah interview

https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/04/survivor-winners-at-war-sarah-lacina-interview/

"I’m the most recent female winner that there has been, so of all the females here, I’m the one that’s going to stand out the most. The one previous to me I don’t think stands out very much. So, yeah, I definitely think I’ve got a big target on my back, but if I’m as good as they say I am, then I’ll be all right."

Ouch, poor Michele. lol

• Love 1

I love Sarah.  She's my all time favorite, but if all the other winners think she's as good as I do then I expect she'll go out early.  One of her biggest advantages was that people ignored her and underestimated her.  After all, she was a woman who wasn't particularly pretty, perky or personable, why worry about her?  Now they know to worry.

I became fascinated with Sarah, early in her first season, when I started to watch her just because I was amused by her odd way of standing with her arms far away from her body and her mouth hanging open.  After a while  I realized it was because  she was not one bit self-conscious, she didn't care how her face looked or if she was holding her stomach in, she was 100% focused on watching what was going on in front of her.

I would love for her to get her wish and get to play to the end with Sandra.  Sandra's game is to quietly do sneaky things under the radar and Sarah's is to be constantly alert to all those little sneaky things.

• Love 4

Sarah is one of my least favorite winners. I've just never felt like I knew her and I didn't care for her play in  Survivor: Game Changers.  I was more of an Andrea and Cirie fan and I wanted one of them to win. That said, she got to the end and was able to get the votes to win. It appears from the pre game interviews everybody wants her out first. I'm not if that will happen or not but I don't think she'll make the merge. Only, one more week to go and we'll find out soon enough.

• Love 1

I liked Sarah's win. I liked her in her first season. She got a little too secure in her position her first season and that bit her in the butt. She learned form that in her second season. I think she played a solid social game and was quite good at stabbing people in the back without them feeling bad about it. That takes some serious skill.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I think she played a solid social game and was quite good at stabbing people in the back without them feeling bad about it. That takes some serious skill.

Yea, she played a decent-good game for sure in Game Changers and out of the F5 I was glad she won. And she actually plays the kind of game I normally really like but for some reason I just can not bring myself to root for her. I do think that one of the big reasons is just because her manner of speaking makes my ears bleed lol.

5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I love Sarah.  She's my all time favorite, but if all the other winners think she's as good as I do then I expect she'll go out early.  One of her biggest advantages was that people ignored her and underestimated her.  After all, she was a woman who wasn't particularly pretty, perky or personable, why worry about her?  Now they know to worry.

I became fascinated with Sarah, early in her first season, when I started to watch her just because I was amused by her odd way of standing with her arms far away from her body and her mouth hanging open.  After a while  I realized it was because  she was not one bit self-conscious, she didn't care how her face looked or if she was holding her stomach in, she was 100% focused on watching what was going on in front of her.

I would love for her to get her wish and get to play to the end with Sandra.  Sandra's game is to quietly do sneaky things under the radar and Sarah's is to be constantly alert to all those little sneaky things.

I'm on board with you. I love Sarah. She also seems like someone I'd be interested in knowing in real life. I actually think if I were to play Survivor, my game would be similar to hers.

• Love 2

I found it interesting in her pre-season interview this season, she talked about hoping to play the game in a more fun way.  She said Game Changers was NOT fun at all, because she was working non-stop, and I can see that.  She was "on" the entire game and constantly thinking ahead and playing people.  It was interesting she said Troyzan was the one who was holding that Final 3 together, because she and Brad would butt heads and try to be the alpha, which I found amusing.