Type keyword(s) to search

S40: Natalie Anderson

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

It would be fun to see another non-Caucasian woman earn a second title. It would be awesome if it were an ex-Racer.

And even if you’re not a fan of Natalie, you can have fun in wondering if Nadiya is there in her place. I honestly think she could scam all of the production team. Who would expect it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I just did my first re-watch of SJDS so I could  watch knowing Natalie was the winner, and pay closer to her game specifically.  Oh wow did she play an amazing game!!  She pretty much ran that game from the merge on, and the rare times when things didn't go her way, she was amazing at keeping her cool, re-grouping, and coming up with the next plan. She never once seemed to lose her focus on the end goal. 

She's a CrossFit trainer so is likely to be one of the biggest physical threats out there. She was physically, socially, and strategically fantastic in SJDS. I think she could be a serious contender for the win.

Edited by RescueMom
Deleted extra word
  • Love 5

Poor Natalie is completely buying into this being a men vs women season.

https://my.xfinity.com/ed/tv/2020/02/07/survivor-champion-natalie-anderson-these-chicks-are-all-bad-ass/

" (Laughs) Chicks vs. Dudes, Gordon! So, I’m so excited. I’m all about girl power. And these chicks are all bad ass. And, it’s cool to see the different demographics of winners. Maybe not ethnically, but as people we’re so different. So many different backgrounds, so many different ways of winning. I just hope we can get together, show them that the force is female, and basically wreck these boys. That would be my dream, to have a guy voted out first. You saw this last season, it boiled my blood to see them vote off Reem (Daly) instead of stupid-ass Keith (Sowell). And they were like, “Oh yeah, we’re trying to keep the tribe strong.” It’s like, “Reem is stronger than half of the dudes on your damn tribe and you keep Keith? It’s so (expletive deleted) up.” But anyway, I think the theme is all winners, chicks vs. dudes."

lol

This cracked me up

" Even I have a connection with Parv, she interviewed Nadiya and I before San Juan del Sur. We clicked immediately because I asked her why she has such a brown name when she’s white. She told me the background story of her parents who were super Hindu and grew up in this Hindu village or something. It’s funny because I have the whitest name possible and I’m brown as hell."

Some thing tells me this would totally backfire on her

"(Laughs) Sandra…I’d win against her because people would not want to hand her a million dollars. And, I’ve seen her at Tribal Council and she’s not that impressive. I think I could rile up a jury way better than her."

On a more serious note, concussions are scary. Glad to hear she is ok.

Edited by LanceM
13 hours ago, LanceM said:

"(Laughs) Sandra…I’d win against her because people would not want to hand her a million dollars. And, I’ve seen [Sandra] at Tribal Council and she’s not that impressive. I think I could rile up a jury way better than her."

Oh honey.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh honey.

Ha, yeah, that reminds me of why I didn't like the twinnies on TAR; they always think they're the smartest people in the room. If she thinks she can manage a jury better than Sandra can, well ... good luck with that delusion. I loved Natalie on Survivor, but she needs to remember that she was at FTC with Missy and Jaclyn. Getting there was all her and it was magnificent, but once she was there, her job was done. An actual goat with horns and an udder could have beaten Missy and Jaclyn.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Well, that sucked. She was one of my favorites and I did not see a first boot in a season that included Rob, Amber and Sandra. Once they all decided Rob was safe, I was hoping it would be Adam.

I hate EoE, but, since someone has to come back, I wouldn't hate it being her, this time avenging herself.

I was so happy to see her gone.  I mean I read the spoilers that she was the first boot but I always take that as speculation until it actually happens.  I have not been a fan or her or her sister since their time on TAR.

• Love 2
On 2/13/2020 at 3:51 AM, BK1978 said:

I was so happy to see her gone.  I mean I read the spoilers that she was the first boot but I always take that as speculation until it actually happens.  I have not been a fan or her or her sister since their time on TAR.

Yeah, she came across well on Survivor once her sister was booted, but I haven't forgotten that "Twinnies!" screech over two seasons and their incredibly sucky and entitled attitude. It may be hidden on Survivor because Natalie is alone, but I am positive her real self is still as obnoxious. Of all this season's cast, she was the one that I wanted to go first, so I am happy.

• Love 2
(edited)

Man, we did not hit a lot of the contestant threads.

I'm proud of Natalie. She went from being booted first to running Edge of Extinction. She earned enough Fire Tokens by selling items to the right people, and that might justify those coming back this season. She worked her butt off for those Fire Tokens. And she came SO close to getting a worst-to-first miracle win.

Am I a hypocrite for wanting her to getting the win after I thought Chris winning S38 was bad? Maybe. In my mind, she had more to do on EoE than most of the people in the first edition of that gimmick. I don't think anyone was invested in Chris or his "story" when he won his way back into the game. His only major move was giving up immunity and challenging Deven (the other returning player) to fire-making. Natalie had to make lots of moves, and they paid off. She joins Rob and Parvati as the only players to get first and second-place finishes.

I really wanted the two-time Racer to win. I don't think she would have won in order to shame the network that jerks TAR and its fans around, but it would have been so sweet.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3

Someone elsewhere pointed out how, as the first person voted out, Natalie simply had more chances to play the dominate EoE game she did than people who were able to stay in the proper game longer. I mean, if Parvati or Kim or whoever were voted out first, they probably would have been able to accomplish the same thing. I'm still impressed with what Natalie did, but yea, a large part of it was simply because she couldn't manage to save herself on day 2 lol.

Basically, more proof that EoE sucks and needs to never happen again.

• Love 11