Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Echoes

• Start Topic

I thought this episode was actually quite good. There was a lot of suspense and tension and it was absent the usual family angst, for the most part. The series is at its weakest when it tries to be all touchy-feely and the kids have to struggle through angsty issues of self-involvement. They need to drop that and focus more on action-adventure. This is sci-fi adventure, it should be fun. I don't need to hear kids whining about their personal problems. This is Netflix, not the CW.

• Love 8

So the Resolute traveled to another planet in the same solar system as the planet from Season 1 (stated by Adler), and then everyone abandoned ship, but the J2 traveled to a nearby binary system via the robot ship engine and once getting off the planet with the trench traveled between star systems in a couple of weeks at sub-light speeds.  I'm not buying that.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So the Resolute traveled to another planet in the same solar system as the planet from Season 1 (stated by Adler), and then everyone abandoned ship, but the J2 traveled to a nearby binary system via the robot ship engine and once getting off the planet with the trench traveled between star systems in a couple of weeks at sub-light speeds.  I'm not buying that.  

There was a line about how the Resolute must have gotten pulled into the same rift. That doesn’t match what we’ve seen. The only possible explanation is that SAR or Robot took the resolute to approximately the same area as the J2 was taken earlier. 

So Smith basically tells Maureen in the first episode that she was slipping out of her cell and sabotaging the ship...so Maureen thinks handcuffing her to the chair is going to hold her?  Really?

Keep showing us how "intelligent" these characters are, show...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I immediately referred to the lost girl as Newt.

It seemed like there were a lot of landers still attached for them to have evacuated everyone.  I think the explanation that Resolute was swept into the wormhole immediately after the Robinsons, and then the colonists went to another planet in that system is the best explanation for now.

I'm glad there are other survivors.  I think the show does need some breathing room away from the Robinson nucleus.

Leaving Dr. Smith for dead twice is pretty despicable, and if she's having feelings about having harmed people in person he should be in the flashback array.

• Love 3

So the Robinsons just approach, dock, and merrily hop off their ship onto a space station before having  any communication with said space station? This type of reckless behavior explains most of their problems.

And TPTB are doubling down on Not Dr. Smith. We are supposed to believe that this Jessica Harris has the ability to hack the security system to switch identities, DNA profiles and erase any digital evidence? .. so that only the Robinsons will know the truth, yet have no proof? 
Ugh. If this were not a sci-fi show with high production values, I would be getting off the train at this point..

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 4

They did a pretty good job building tension throughout the episode, especially with the lighting and the weird noises and things just being "off" throughout the ship. I liked the episode, I generally prefer the episodes that are heavier on the action and adventure than the family drama, and I am interested to see what the show will be like now that the Robinson's and company are with the rest of the people on their mission. 

"I was the eyes and ears of the whole operation." "And the mouth." Its not super prominent, but I like the interaction between Maureen and Don a lot, they have a lot of snarky banter, but its rather light hearted and fun without all of the drama and semi buried issues that is often behind snark between the family members. 

• Love 1
On 12/30/2019 at 3:00 PM, benteen said:

So Smith basically tells Maureen in the first episode that she was slipping out of her cell and sabotaging the ship...so Maureen thinks handcuffing her to the chair is going to hold her?  Really?

Keep showing us how "intelligent" these characters are, show...

'I make myself look nice for you, I come out of my cell expecting a special evening and you leave me on my own with a chair and a single set of handcuffs.

One set of cuffs, Maureen? Really, sometimes I think you take me for granted, and that hurts'

Leaving Dr. Smith for dead twice is pretty despicable, and if she's having feelings about having harmed people in person he should be in the flashback array.

"Dr. Smith's" feelings of guilt (remorse?) upon meeting the daughter of the guy she air-locked murdered is the first evidence we've seen that she may not be a psychopath. But in a sense that's worse. She recognizes the harm she causes and chooses to cause that harm anyway. The 60's TV Dr. Smith was never this dark. I don't know where they go with this. She's not exactly "Tony Soprano," who despite his malevolence, was interesting to watch. 

• Love 4