Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Smoking Penguins and Santa on Santa Action

ESS
  • Start Topic

On 12/14/2019 at 2:43 AM, CrystalBlue said:

Relieving your neighbors of unwanted coupons is not a crime.  You are saving the environment and money at the same time!

Maybe ask first lol. Although I don't know of a way to do that without looking trashy unless you know them. 

Edited by Manda317
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2019 at 3:14 AM, geauxaway said:

Jackie needs help.  Dan is free to move on and live his best life, without her approval.  It’s not his fault she hates her mom.  She should at least have a circle of friends if she hated her mom so much.  I mean, I love all my parents and I still have a super great circle of framily.  She grew up in that town and never left.  Where are her FRIENDS???  She’s not had one single friend than her asshole sister?  

All these people show up to the Lunch Box (yeah right).  But she has to ride up Dan’s ass?  Back off!  Let him have a nice time.

It boggles the mind how much Dan is taking from Jackie. However, I think the truth is he likes having Jackie around because he will always be in love with Roseanne and Jackie bothering him all the time was a part of that marriage.

Louise is an amazingly good looking and patient woman but I really do not think Dan is that into her. They might just be into each other as friends to relieve loneliness in each other lives. 

I know in Lanford and man like Dan is a catch (maybe even an unicorn) but Louise probably does need to look somewhere else for love and romance. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

It boggles the mind how much Dan is taking from Jackie. However, I think the truth is he likes having Jackie around because he will always be in love with Roseanne and Jackie bothering him all the time was a part of that marriage.

Louise is an amazingly good looking and patient woman but I really do not think Dan is that into her. They might just be into each other as friends to relieve loneliness in each other lives. 

I know in Lanford and man like Dan is a catch (maybe even an unicorn) but Louise probably does need to look somewhere else for love and romance. 

I agree. For better or worse, he was crazy about Roseanne. I just don't see that with Louise, lovely as she is.

• Love 2

I know in Lanford and man like Dan is a catch

Is he though? I know he's a decent guy but he's got a lot of baggage that goes along with his family and he doesn't have any money. He's not in the greatest shape either, let's face it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

Is he though? I know he's a decent guy but he's got a lot of baggage that goes along with his family and he doesn't have any money. He's not in the greatest shape either, let's face it.

He probably kinda was, once. He was steady, he always worked, he's not abusive, he doesn't cat around and he is a big teddy bear. That may be enough in Lanford, Not so much in the wide world.

• Love 3
On 12/13/2019 at 12:23 PM, Wanda said:

Approving of her sister in law vs her daughter doing something illegal are two entirely different things

On 12/13/2019 at 8:07 PM, tessaray said:

tbh, I almost quit watching the reboot when Roseanne had Mary helping her shoplift bacon.  The candy scamming on the Halloween episode wasn't nearly in the same league. Taking candy from a kid with a bag full of it (Geena just wanting her cut from Becky, tacky but funny) vs. potentially getting arrested with your granddaughter in tow...

So I was a disappointed they had Mary involved in attempting to leech electricity off the neighbors (again with the stealing) in this episode.   

I forgot about the bacon. That was really unpleasant to watch. And Mary was so young at the time.

I would date Dan. But as soon as I realized that I was dating the whole family, I would have to bow out. Darlene would probably reduce me to tears.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Yep. I was watching the early reruns this week, now that I'm off for the holidays and Roseanne is a daily thing on CMT and TVLand. Jackie was still normal in the early seasons. Laurie hadn't been convinced to "Don Knotts it up," yet. This Jackie is a continuation of Wacky Jackie, who went from being a cool character, to annoying as fuck. 

I can understand her resentment of seeing her sister possibly replaced in Dan's heart, but good god, she's awful. Too over the top. 

And count me in on the Happy Train that Harris was not a part of this week's show, 

• Love 7