Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Ugly Truth

• Start Topic

Airs December 8, 2019

The Martone ladies make a splash while shopping for Bria's wedding dress; the sisters collaborate on a client who wants to be transformed into an alien goddess; Lexi is pushed to reveal her real issues with Bria's fiance.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:38 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Airs December 8, 2019

I thought Lexi was going to say he raped her (Lexi) or something.

Can someone plz tell me why the parents are encouraging this marriage?

Did Lexi have weight loss surgery? Or did she lose the weight the old fashioned way?

There’s a sex shop about five minutes up the road from the shop (I’ve driven past there).   I’ll bet that’s where Jen bought the tasks (And I’ll bet that’s where they buy most of their clothes).  At least they have decent taste in food - the restaurant where Bria asked Lexie to be her bridesmaid is excellent - any Long Islanders out there - definitely worth a visit!

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I think I heard that Lexi had weight loss surgery.

I guess the parents are encouraging this marriage because it makes for good reality tv?

But what happens when the show is over and Matt is draining them for every penny and Bria is on the verge of a breakdown and the two girls aren't speaking? 

Ughh these girls (women) have two such nice parents! So much support and love. I don't understand. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

But what happens when the show is over and Matt is draining them for every penny and Bria is on the verge of a breakdown and the two girls aren't speaking? 

Ughh these girls (women) have two such nice parents! So much support and love. I don't understand. 

Well, considering Bria has been in (and out) of a relationship with him for 8 years there must be something going on that isn't being shown for television - and what is worse to me is that these parents let that drug addicted, cheating loser stay in their home!  It's a wonder they have any of those nice doo-dads left!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Well, considering Bria has been in (and out) of a relationship with him for 8 years there must be something going on that isn't being shown for television - and what is worse to me is that these parents let that drug addicted, cheating loser stay in their home!  It's a wonder they have any of those nice doo-dads left!

You'd think his two CHILDREN might have dampened her enthusiasm for the relationship? How does a relationship get past two children?👨‍👦‍👦🖐️

IDK why but this Bria/Matt thing just irks the shit out of me. For the life of me, I don't understand. Are we all sure it's real? Jen and Big Mike don't know anyone w/ a son in his 20s? All they did for those girls...and for what?

(If there is a Big Mike, is there also a Little Mike?)

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

You'd think his two CHILDREN might have dampened her enthusiasm for the relationship? How does a relationship get past two children?👨‍👦‍👦🖐️

IDK why but this Bria/Matt thing just irks the shit out of me. For the life of me, I don't understand. Are we all sure it's real? Jen and Big Mike don't know anyone w/ a son in his 20s? All they did for those girls...and for what?

(If there is a Big Mike, is there also a Little Mike?)

I don't understand why Matt is so insistent on getting married right away.  Is he hoping if he marries her she won't be able to testify against him or something?  (Not that he'd be right...)

2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I don't understand why Matt is so insistent on getting married right away.  Is he hoping if he marries her she won't be able to testify against him or something?  (Not that he'd be right...)

Is he in legal trouble?

I don't know anything about them but to me, it seems clear that he wants to get in on the ground floor of Bria's successful business and reality career. He would own half of the business from the day they married and be entitled to use the proceeds any way he wants during the marriage and would be entitled to half of everything if they divorced. And no, a prenup would not help. 

Looks like the Martones ar a well off family. And he is unemployed and possibly useless. Prbly has a child support payment balance growing each month that needs to be paid. Bria and her family are his cash cows. 

I hate to see this happen!

2 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Is he in legal trouble?

I don't know anything about them but to me, it seems clear that he wants to get in on the ground floor of Bria's successful business and reality career. He would own half of the business from the day they married and be entitled to use the proceeds any way he wants during the marriage and would be entitled to half of everything if they divorced. And no, a prenup would not help. 

Looks like the Martones ar a well off family. And he is unemployed and possibly useless. Prbly has a child support payment balance growing each month that needs to be paid. Bria and her family are his cash cows. 

I hate to see this happen!

I don't know if he's in legal trouble, I was trying to think of reasons that he would want to rush to get married.  Your explanation makes a lot of sense, but just hadn't occurred to me.  I hate to see him take advantage of Bria.

• Love 1

I actually think he loves her (as much as he is capable of loving anybody) but that he has never been held accountable for anything in his life (including and especially by Bria).  He thinks if he can keep her around that he's not that bad of a person.  She thinks that if she can get him to marry her then she wins the prize that she's been trying to attain for 8 years.  

I didn't care for the so-called cliff hanger at the end of the ep.  They spent 20 minutes building to the great revelation as to why this guy is such a problem and then go to 'to be continued'.

Typical reality programming.  In the meantime,

Spoiler

it looks like he says the heck with the big wedding and suggests an elopement.  That's gonna help his case real well with the rest of the family.

I may be in the minority, but I really like this family overall. I like how Lexi is not going to back down about her thoughts on Matt, because she loves Bria and knows this marriage will be a disaster. Someone needs to say it! I get that her parents are trying to be supportive, but if my daughter wanted to tether herself to such a loser, I don't think I could just sit there quietly and watch it all happen. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, b2H said:

They spent 20 minutes building to the great revelation as to why this guy is such a problem and then go to 'to be continued'.

I haven't seen this episode yet, but what more could this clown possibly have done that they would consider a problem? Bria already acknowledged that he lied, cheated (including a baby!), and stole from her. I agree they all seem like lovely people and cannot for the life of me figure out why they'd want this creep in their family.

I did get tickled in this latest episode where they walked into that fair and knew that people were giving them the side eye because of the way they dress.  At least they own it proudly!

• Love 1

I am dying to know what could be worse than being incoherent at your engagement party, impregnating another woman, stealing credit cards, being unemployed...

Bria is way too young to be putting up with that nonsense, what does Matt bring to the relationship exactly?

On 12/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, EastCoast4Life said:

I may be in the minority, but I really like this family overall. I like how Lexi is not going to back down about her thoughts on Matt, because she loves Bria and knows this marriage will be a disaster. Someone needs to say it! I get that her parents are trying to be supportive, but if my daughter wanted to tether herself to such a loser, I don't think I could just sit there quietly and watch it all happen. 

Eastcoast4Life I really like this family too.  I think Foxy & the Grandpa are great!  I hope they so not end up disappointing me like The Little Couple did. 

I would think a pre-nup could be done.   I cannot remember,  was it said the Big Mike bought the business for them?