Type keyword(s) to search

Pedro Pascal: The Man Behind the Beskar

• Start Topic

Pedro is at the SAG Awards tonight, looking dapper!  I am watching the TNT channel on YouTube, for the live coverage from the (not red) carpet as the people arrive.  At about 4:40 p.m. (Pacific time), suddenly they showed a clip (on the right side of the screen) of Pedro posing for photos on the carpet, but I don't think he is being interviewed by anyone. 

I couldn't tell who Pedro was with.  He was posing by himself.  I know that he goes to these sorts of events with his friend Sarah Paulson, but I didn't see her anywhere.  Maybe he is presenting one of the awards?  Maybe he is there to support his Game of Thrones friends?  I'm not sure.

I don't know if TNT will keep this video up after the live stream ends in a few minutes, but this is the link to the arrivals - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE5Ro5n1W1E

Edited to add:  I think Pedro might be seated at the same table with Lupita Nyong'o, but not next to her.  I still can't see who he is specifically with.

Edited to add:  Pedro is presenting the award for Female Actor in a TV Movie or Limited Series, with Sophie Turner (aka Mrs. Joe Jonas), about 45 minutes into the show (5:45 p.m. Pacific time).

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Pedro is at the SAG Awards tonight, looking dapper! 

I was hoping he would wear a regular tux, but I kind of like that he was wearing a silver suit, á la Mando. 😁 I posted a bunch of photos on my blog. This is my favorite... 

sag10.thumb.jpg.9f387fba2069ca03a529c972522bb12d.jpg

He was sitting at one of the front tables, next to Christian Bale's wife. His "date" was Erin Moriarty. They acted together on a TV show 8 years ago, when she was 18, so I don't know if they're actually dating or just friends. That's all I'll say about that. lol

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

I was hoping he would wear a regular tux, but I kind of like that he was wearing a silver suit, á la Mando. 😁 I posted a bunch of photos on my blog. This is my favorite... 

sag10.thumb.jpg.9f387fba2069ca03a529c972522bb12d.jpg

He was sitting at one of the front tables, next to Christian Bale's wife. His "date" was Erin Moriarty. They acted together on a TV show 8 years ago, when she was 18, so I don't know if they're actually dating or just friends. That's all I'll say about that. lol

I didn't know her by name at the time, but I saw the blonde girl on the carpet within seconds of Pedro posing for photos (though I did not see them pose together), and then I saw her sitting next to him at Lupita's table early on.  So I started to assume that the blonde and Pedro attended the event together since they kept ending up in close proximity to each other.

Truthfully, though, she looked unhappy on the carpet, and she still looked unhappy when I saw her at the table with Pedro.  She didn't look like she was in a good mood or having a good time.  That must have been a fun car ride over to the SAG Awards. 🤣

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

She didn't look like she was in a good mood or having a good time. 

This was the only photo they took together. She had the same look on her face the entire time. Hopefully it was just nerves.

Since Pedro was sitting near Christian Bale, I wonder if he got a chance to talk to him. Empire of the Sun is one of his favorite movies, so if he hadn't met him before, I'd like to think he was fanboying internally. 😁

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

This was the only photo they took together. She had the same look on her face the entire time. Hopefully it was just nerves.

Since Pedro was sitting near Christian Bale, I wonder if he got a chance to talk to him. Empire of the Sun is one of his favorite movies, so if he hadn't met him before, I'd like to think he was fanboying internally. 😁

Without seeing the specific Getty Images photo of Pedro and Erin together, and just going by what I saw of Erin on the carpet and later at the table with Pedro, I might assume that she just has one of those kinds of faces that looks unhappy even when she is not unhappy at all, as some people do.  She might have been having a great time and just didn't "look" like it.  Also, she's human.  Maybe she was having a bad day.  Maybe 100 things went wrong before the SAG Awards and she wasn't in a great mood.  Maybe Pedro was asked to be a presenter at the last minute, and he had to scramble to get a last-minute date, and they didn't have time to get comfortable/reacquainted with each other. 

The Getty Images photo of Pedro and Erin is interesting, however.   The body language is curious.  Let's just say that, in looking at that photo, I'm not sure I would have even assumed that they knew each other prior to the SAG Awards!  It's quite a contrast to what we see in photos of Pedro and Sarah Paulson together, or Pedro and Robin Tunney, where the body language makes it very obvious that they are close, familiar and comfortable with each other.   Pedro and Erin don't appear to be at the same level of closeness (either as friends or potential dates or whatever) quite yet.

So who knows?  All kinds of scenarios could have been going on behind the scenes, and none of them are any of my business!

I wasn't paying attention to Pedro and Christian Bale together.  When I first spotted Pedro inside the event, I noticed that he was in fairly close proximity to Lupita Nyong'o -- though not directly next to her.  From the particular camera's vantage point, it looked like he was either near the back of her table, or at a different table within inches of her table -- although it didn't even matter much because sometimes people switch seats through the course of the night at these award shows with tables.  They start out in one place and then move.  There have been other shows I've watched in which I found someone in a certain seat at a specific table, and it looked like this person was sitting at the same table as that person.  But then, later in the show, that person no longer appeared to be at the same table with the other person, and they were suddenly in different chairs!  The seat fillers step in and it sometimes becomes a game of musical chairs.

I was essentially trying to make a visual connection in my mind to establish where Pedro was, i.e., 'Pedro is near this person,' so that I'd be able to find him again easily in a general audience/crowd shot.  So my own personal visual location identifier for Pedro was not Christian Bale.  I already had the 'Pedro-is-near-Lupita' seed planted in my head early on, so when I was trying to find Pedro in a crowd shot, I would look for Lupita if I couldn't spot his actual jacket.  Although, at some point I was trying to find Pedro in relation to where Lupita had been sitting, and I think something changed and one of them had moved.   If I had seen him right near Christian first, that would have been the seed planted in my head and would have been my visual location identifier.  But I saw Lupita first, before seeing Christian, so she was who I was looking for when I tried to find Pedro.

Whenever Christian Bale was onscreen I was just looking at him or his wife and not making the connection of Pedro being near him.   I find Christian to be fascinating and intense, and maybe not always in a positive way.  I always get the feeling that he is probably not a nice person, after hearing that infamous recording of him yelling and cursing at a crew member on a film set many years ago.   Also, His look/appearance changes for roles, so I never know which Christian I am going to see in any given year. 

• Love 2

I just looked for Pedro's jacket, or for Christian, because he had that big beard. lol At one point, Pedro was sitting at the front of the Marriage Story table. I'm guessing he got up to talk during the commercial, and then didn't have time to get back to his seat. I loved the pics of him talking to Meryl. I don't know if they had met before, but Pedro seemed very happy. 😁 Pedro fans seem to think Erin and Pedro have been very good friends for a while, and she posted a pic of them at the event on her IG. I think you're probably right about her just having one of those faces. I'm not sure if he has a Sarah P. level of closeness with anyone else. Face licking and hand holding. Except maybe Oscar Isaac. 😂

He's suppose to be going to Brazil to film Tropico soon. It lines up with the end of season 2 filming. But I'm still curious how much filming he's actually doing for season 2. It'll be interesting to see if we can spot a difference in Mando's appearance/movements.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I just looked for Pedro's jacket, or for Christian, because he had that big beard. lol At one point, Pedro was sitting at the front of the Marriage Story table. I'm guessing he got up to talk during the commercial, and then didn't have time to get back to his seat. I loved the pics of him talking to Meryl. I don't know if they had met before, but Pedro seemed very happy. 😁 Pedro fans seem to think Erin and Pedro have been very good friends for a while, and she posted a pic of them at the event on her IG. I think you're probably right about her just having one of those faces. I'm not sure if he has a Sarah P. level of closeness with anyone else. Face licking and hand holding. Except maybe Oscar Isaac. 😂

He's suppose to be going to Brazil to film Tropico soon. It lines up with the end of season 2 filming. But I'm still curious how much filming he's actually doing for season 2. It'll be interesting to see if we can spot a difference in Mando's appearance/movements.

I'm so glad you mentioned that Erin posted that photo on IG, because it wasn't there when I checked yesterday and I don't know if I would have gone back to look again (since I had never checked her IG page for any other reason in the past)!   Compared to that super awkward Getty Images photo, the photo that Erin posted on IG conveys something different.  At least in her photo she and Pedro actually appear to be friendly and she looks happier.  She clearly refers to him as her friend in her comment next to the picture.

Yes, I am also super curious about Pedro's filming (or lack thereof?) for Season 2 of The Mandalorian.  I kind of tend to think that because they (Favreau & Filoni) made a point of showing us Mando's face in the very first season, which was surprising to a lot of viewers, it won't be the last time we see his face on the show.  I don't think that he will be yanking off the helmet left and right in Season 2, and I fully expect that his two doubles will still be in the suit at different times, but I think we might see his face at least once during the second season. 

And then there is the question of whether or not there will be a Season 3, or if the series was intended to have a limited run.  If I were Disney, I would already be working that angle since the show is a big hit right out of the gate.  Jon Favreau said that he was almost overlapping with the post-production for Season 1 and the pre-production for Season 2 -- one essentially segued right into the other -- so if there is a Season 3 with the same sort of filming schedule, Jon would have to start pre-production before October/November, I suppose.  Even though Season 2 is not premiering until the fall, I hope we will know if there is going to be a Season 3 way before December, or whenever Season 2 ends.  I don't want to be in suspense for that long.  That's one of the bits of news that I hope will come out of either PaleyFest, Comic-Con, Summer TCA or Star Wars Celebration this year -- news of a 3rd season of The Mandalorian.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

Pedro doesn't seem to tweet a lot (not as often as some people do), but he was excited about the Super Bowl Halftime show -

By the way... pezgirl7, have you been able to catch the episode of the Inside the Actors Studio reboot, with Pedro interviewing Willem Dafoe?  I think it premiered sometime in the early fall last year, maybe?  Or possibly late summer?  I didn't even realize that ITAS had moved to the Ovation network until recently.  I just assumed that Bravo cancelled it. 

When I found out that there was an ITAS episode with Pedro and Willem on Ovation, I had to scroll through my list of channels to see if I even had the Ovation network.  I had no idea whether I had it or not.  I discovered that I have it, but when I tried to look for the Pedro-Willem episode it was not in my On Demand listings, and, at that point, it did not have any upcoming showtimes.

Then I went down a rabbit hole of trying to find a video of the ITAS Pedro-Willem episode on YouTube, and couldn't find it (I have not checked again in the last couple of weeks).  I even thought that I'd be able to watch the episode on the actual Ovation website, using my cable provider log-in info, but, for whatever reason, their site did not have my specific provider listed as one that is allowed to watch on their website (even though my provider carries the channel!) and I could not access the episode! 

Arrrggghhh!  Why is it so hard to find and watch one single episode of a series, when there are so many different ways and places to watch TV content these days?  I gave up looking on YouTube and on my cable provider's On Demand menu.  But I wonder if anyone else might be able to watch the Pedro-Willem episode of the rebooted ITAS without a problem.  Here is the link to the Ovation site page -- https://www.ovationtv.com/watch/inside-the-actors-studio/willem-dafoe/

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2020 at 1:55 AM, TVFan17 said:

Arrrggghhh!  Why is it so hard to find and watch one single episode of a series, when there are so many different ways and places to watch TV content these days?  I gave up looking on YouTube and on my cable provider's On Demand menu.  But I wonder if anyone else might be able to watch the Pedro-Willem episode of the rebooted ITAS without a problem.  Here is the link to the Ovation site page -- https://www.ovationtv.com/watch/inside-the-actors-studio/willem-dafoe/

I attempted to access this episode several ways, through website and android app, but they didn't appear to work.

Here is some of the information from the Inside the Actors Studio website if it helps:

Pedro Pascal
Guest Host
Pedro Pascal made his Broadway debut last month in Sam Gold’s production of “King Lear,” playing Edmund, alongside Glenda Jackson and Ruth Wilson. “King Lear” opened on April 4th and will run through Sunday, July 7th.

Pascal can currently be seen in TRIPLE FRONTIER, an action-adventure story set on the border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil. The film also stars Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac, Garrett Hedlund and Charlie Hunnam, and released globally on Netflix on March 13th.

Also this year, Pascal will be seen playing the titular role in the first ever live-action STAR WARS series, THE MANDALORIAN, as a mysterious lone gunfighter who exists in the outer reaches of the galaxy, far from the authority of the New Republic. Written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, the series will launch on Disney’s direct-to- consumer streaming service, Disney+, on November 12th.

Pascal recently wrapped production on Patty Jenkins’ WONDER WOMAN 1984, in which he will star in a key role alongside Gal Gadot and Kristen Wiig. The film, which is slated to release on June 5th of 2020, marks the second time he and Jenkins have worked together.

Last year, Pascal appeared in Barry Jenkins’ critically acclaimed IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK. The film was nominated for a Golden Globe and won AFI’s “Movie of the Year” award. Also last year, Pascal starred in Antoine Fuqua’s (Training Day, The Equalizer) THE EQUALIZER 2 opposite Denzel Washington, which was released by Sony on July 20th.

Pascal starred in the first, second, and third seasons of the critically-acclaimed, BAFTA and Golden Globe nominated Netflix original series NARCOS, the true-life story of the growth and spread of cocaine drug cartels around the world. Pascal portrayed the role of DEA agent Javier Peña, who led the manhunt for Colombian drug kingpin, Pablo Escobar in seasons one and two – and for the Cali Cartel is season three.

In 2014, Pascal starred in HBO's critically acclaimed series GAME OF THRONES where he played the fan favorite Oberyn Martell. Pedro has had recurring roles on USA’s GRACELAND, ABC's BROTHERS & SISTERS, CBS' THE GOOD WIFE, FX's LIGHTS OUT, CBS’ THE MENTALIST, and ABC's RED WIDOW. Other television credits include Showtime's award winning NURSE JACKIE, the LAW & ORDER trifecta, BODY OF PROOF, WITHOUT A TRACE, NYPD BLUE and BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, among others.

Pascal has originated roles in New York for The Manhattan Theater Club, Classic Stage Company, Playwrights Horizons, and Terrence McNally's Drama Desk Nominated play SOME MEN at Second Stage. He starred alongside Jennifer Ehle and Liev Schreiber in Shakespeare in the Park's production of MACBETH, as well as their Production of MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING with Lily Rabe. He won the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award and Garland for ORPHANS at The International City Theater. Pedro has also directed Florencia Lozano's UNDERNEATHMYBED, David Anzuelo's KILLING PLAY and Daniel Talbott's YOSEMITE at Rattlestick Playwrights Theater in New York. Pedro is also a member of the Labyrinth Theater Company.

Pedro-Pascal-Headshot-1.thumb.jpg.b14bb6c1e126211267efa1408c43fa1b.jpg

270737452_PedroShakespeare.thumb.jpg.bc6c1efaa189dc4978cb2b089455a08a.jpg

• Love 3
(edited)
On 2/3/2020 at 12:55 AM, TVFan17 said:

By the way... pezgirl7, have you been able to catch the episode of the Inside the Actors Studio reboot, with Pedro interviewing Willem Dafoe?

No, I have not been able to see it. I do not get Ovation, and I haven't been able to find it online anywhere. I've only seen the commercial for it.

I hope Pedro starts posting on twitter more. He used to post a ton, mostly about social issues. Maybe he doesn't want to be too outspoken now that he works for Disney. But he also used to search his name and reply to unsuspecting people. His posts were pretty amusing!

Edited by pezgirl7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

I'm really annoyed because I replied to you yesterday, but when I came on today, my post wasn't there! Not sure what happened. I'm not sure why a mod would have deleted it.

No, I have not been able to see it. I do not get Ovation, and I haven't been able to find it online anywhere. I've only seen the commercial for it.

I hope Pedro starts posting on twitter more. He used to post a ton, mostly about social and political issues. Maybe he doesn't want to be too outspoken now that he works for Disney. But he also used to search his name and reply to unsuspecting people. His posts were pretty amusing!

Oh no!  I didn't even realize that your post was missing until now, when you mentioned it!  I definitely saw your comment from yesterday and "liked" it so you would know I saw it, even though I didn't reply at that moment. 

Maybe someone following the thread accidentally clicked the "Report" icon on your comment when they meant to click something else, and so your post disappeared until further review?  I would normally think that it was unlikely to accidentally click one icon instead of another if not for the fact that I have done that kind of thing myself on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!  lol  I might have even clicked on something on this website that I didn't mean to click on at some point, though I can't remember.  Someone I know on Facebook was recently reported, and we're pretty sure that it happened because someone meant to click something else but accidentally clicked the wrong thing.

One thing I was going to say about not having the Ovation network and being able to watch Inside the Actors Studio is that I think it is included in a couple of standalone live streaming services -- possibly Sling TV and Philo.  The great thing about most streaming services is that there is usually a free trial, and they even offer cloud DVR options.  If you can time it right so that you know for sure that the Inside the Actors Studio episode with Pedro and Willem is airing on a specific date, you can get the free trial of one of those streaming apps and watch it during your free trial, then cancel before the trial ends.  I just checked my Spectrum guide to see if, by any chance, the Pedro-Willem episode is airing soon, and it's not listed at this point (and is still nowhere to be found in the On Demand menu, nor will Ovation allow me to view it on their website via my Spectrum sign-in info).

I wonder if Pedro is going to be at the Oscars on Sunday.  Has be been at the Oscars in the past?  I don't recall if I have seen him on the red carpet or presenting during the show.  I've seen the SAG pictures from different years and I think I saw Golden Globes pictures from a previous year too, maybe (although I might be wrong about that).  I know he mentioned being at an Oscar party at one point, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was at the actual Oscars ceremony.  Since he is firmly planted in both the TV and film worlds, I wonder if he might have been asked to be a presenter on Sunday -- or he could just go as someone's date!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I just checked my Spectrum guide to see if, by any chance, the Pedro-Willem episode is airing soon, and it's not listed at this point (and is still nowhere to be found in the On Demand menu, nor will Ovation allow me to view it on their website via my Spectrum sign-in info).

I wonder if Pedro is going to be at the Oscars on Sunday.  Has be been at the Oscars in the past? 

Are you sure you get Ovation? I also have Spectrum, and from what I've read, Spectrum no longer carries Ovation which is why it's not a provider option on the website. I believe Bravo airs old episodes, but not the new ones.

I don't believe Pedro has ever been the to the Oscars. I can't really see him getting invited since he's known more for TV, and the movies he has been in haven't been that Oscar-worthy. I wish he could get nominated next year for The Mandalorian, but that's not gonna happen, especially since he mostly only does the voice. I don't think any of the awards have a voice-over category.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

Are you sure you get Ovation? I also have Spectrum, and from what I've read, Spectrum no longer carries Ovation which is why it's not a provider option on the website. I believe Bravo airs old episodes, but not the new ones.

I don't believe Pedro has ever been the to the Oscars. I can't really see him getting invited since he's known more for TV, and the movies he has been in haven't been that Oscar-worthy. I wish he could get nominated next year for The Mandalorian, but that's not gonna happen, especially since he mostly only does the voice. I don't think any of the awards have a voice-over category.

Yep.  I have Ovation.  It's channel 187 for me (but I think the channel numbers may differ, depending on which area you're in).  I just turned to the channel 2 seconds ago, and they have a graphic up on the screen at the bottom that says "Oscar Winners Week," but what's on right now is In the Heat of the Night.

Maybe they are planning to eventually get rid of it in my area too, but I have it for now -- not that it is doing me any good, since I can't watch the Pedro-Willem episode of ITAS!!!  lol  (I can watch all kinds of things on Bravo's website, but not on Ovation.)

Perhaps Pedro will end up at Oscar night parties (since he has been to at least one of them before), and we'll see photos.  I thought he might be invited to be a presenter on the show because he is in the new Wonder Woman movie, but maybe not.

I am wondering if the "Creative Arts Emmy Awards" (which is a separate ceremony taking place sometime before the main Emmy Awards ceremony) includes any kind of technical or special effects awards that may offer more chances for the assorted sci-fi/fantasy/horror shows to be nominated for something.  Maybe they even have a category that can include voice work.  I have never paid attention to which categories are nominated for the Creative Arts Emmys.  I wonder about them because there has to be some way to hand over some awards to the geniuses who are behind Baby Yoda's expressions, movements, sounds, etc., as well as the overall look of The Mandalorian, the action/stunt work, etc.   Even if the show doesn't receive any acting awards, I'd like it to receive something during Emmy time later this year.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

I thought he might be invited to be a presenter on the show because he is in the new Wonder Woman movie, but maybe not.

Warner has 2 Comic Book Movies for 2020 while Disney only has 1. Pedro has a shot.... 

• Love 1

I am wondering if the "Creative Arts Emmy Awards" (which is a separate ceremony taking place sometime before the main Emmy Awards ceremony) includes any kind of technical or special effects awards that may offer more chances for the assorted sci-fi/fantasy/horror shows to be nominated for something.  Maybe they even have a category that can include voice work.

I was curious and googled it, and color me surprised... there is a Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance. It is awarded to a performer for an outstanding "continuing or single voice-over performance in a series or a special". Pedro better at least be nominated for that! I think the show will also be nominated for special effects, score, as well as a few others. I suppose any more discussion about that should go in the Media thread.

• Love 3

Pedro emerged at the annual William Morris pre-Oscar party.  (Scroll through these photos posted by Will Wong to find his picture with Pedro -- https://www.instagram.com/p/B8TP2WeB8F1/)

I wonder whose blonde hair that is behind Will and Pedro.  Is it a random party guest, or could it be... Erin Moriarty?

Bill Maher looks miserable. lol

Keep your eyes peeled for photos or videos of Pedro appearing tonight somewhere -- if not at the actual Oscars ceremony/event itself, then perhaps at the Vanity Fair party, or the Elton John party, or the HBO party or some other annual party.

Edited by TVFan17

Well, Pedro and Edgar Ramirez ended up at... the Beverly Hills Courthouse on Oscar night??  lol   I've been to that Courthouse for Jury Duty, and it's not all that glamorous.   He must be joking.  Or maybe they had to wait for a limo nearby or something.   https://www.instagram.com/p/B8YA1mdpb06/

Edited to add:  It looks like Pedro ended up at the Vanity Fair party. 

Edited by TVFan17

pezgirl7 -- There is a short, candid video someone took of Pedro driving (actually stuck in traffic, it looks like!) in Beverly Hills.  Apparently this was captured on January 31st, so it is recent.  I just happened to see it on Instagram today (posted on the "pedropascalfanaccount" page), but I think it is also on the Getty Images website and I don't know how long it has been there.  

Have you seen the video? 

On the pedropascalfanaccount page, a few people are commenting that they are uncomfortable watching it because it is stalker-ish, or an invasion of Pedro's privacy.  Thankfully, mercifully, Pedro is not doing anything weird, gross, offensive, scandalous, etc., in the video!  It is literally about as normal as normal can get.  His car appears to be stuck at a red light, or maybe he is waiting for someone to move.  He's not singing.  He is not yelling at anyone.  He is not cursing at people.  He's not doing drugs or drinking behind the wheel.  He doesn't appear to be with anyone -- I don't see anyone else in the car.  He's not eating 5 pizzas or picking his nose.   The only thing he is really doing is sitting there, waiting to drive, and seemingly getting a little bit impatient but keeping his cool.  And I think he is looking down at his phone to either text or check messages as he is stuck there, not moving.

I don't know if the person who shot the video sold it to Getty or if they work for Getty, but it's strange to think that someone, somewhere, somehow, might be making money off of that video -- a normal video of an actor being normal, by himself!

If they were going to get Pedro on video when he didn't realize it anyway, then I kind of wish the camera had panned out and back a little bit, because I was curious to see exactly where in "Beverly Hills" Pedro was driving, and if it was actually Beverly Hills.  The term "Beverly Hills" is used loosely out here, and there are all kinds of nearby or adjacent areas that are not actually Beverly Hills, but it sounds better to say "Bradley Cooper was seen exiting this office building in Beverly Hills" or "Jude Law was seen having lunch at a cafe in Beverly Hills" in assorted tabloids and magazines such as US Weekly.  So, quite often an area will be referred to as Beverly Hills when it is actually West Hollywood or Miracle Mile or even West L.A.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

pezgirl7 -- There is a short, candid video someone took of Pedro driving (actually stuck in traffic, it looks like!) in Beverly Hills.  Apparently this was captured on January 31st, so it is recent.  I just happened to see it on Instagram today (posted on the "pedropascalfanaccount" page), but I think it is also on the Getty Images website and I don't know how long it has been there.  

Have you seen the video? 

Yes, I've seen it. But I think pap pics and videos are a huge invasion of privacy, and it's too bad that so many of the fans accounts don't see how disrespectful it is to post that kind of stuff. I would have commented on the IG, but I know it wouldn't have done any good since I've had words with the owner of that account over other things. It's so weird that people can make money just by scoping out a spot and waiting until a celeb passes by, and then selling the photos or video. Personally, I would feel super guilty doing that.

Anyway, at least he wasn't doing anything "bad", like you mentioned!

Here is a new video, that I haven't had the chance to watch yet since I'm at work:

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Roundtable: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig & More | Entertainment Weekly

The "more" refers to director Patty Jenkins and Pedro. lol

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

It's so weird that people can make money just by scoping out a spot and waiting until a celeb passes by, and then selling the photos or video. Personally, I would feel super guilty doing that.

Gotta pay for Disney+ somehow....

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Yes, I've seen it. But I think pap pics and videos are a huge invasion of privacy, and it's too bad that so many of the fans accounts don't see how disrespectful it is to post that kind of stuff. I would have commented on the IG, but I know it wouldn't have done any good since I've had words with the owner of that account over other things. It's so weird that people can make money just by scoping out a spot and waiting until a celeb passes by, and then selling the photos or video. Personally, I would feel super guilty doing that.

Anyway, at least he wasn't doing anything "bad", like you mentioned!

Here is a new video, that I haven't had the chance to watch yet since I'm at work:

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Roundtable: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig & More | Entertainment Weekly

The "more" refers to director Patty Jenkins and Pedro. lol

I'm so glad you posted the link to that Wonder Woman roundtable video.  Thank you!  Although I'm guessing it might have shown up in my YouTube Recommendations sooner or later (because of all of the Mandalorian reaction videos and other Pedro videos I've watched), it probably would have taken at least a few more days to appear since his name is not mentioned in the title.  The "& More" is not very specific and YouTube might not have identified it as something I would want to see for a while.  And it also might have never shown up at all.

Anyway, Pedro's story about flicking the lights on and off to provide the strobe effect for his sister's Flashdance-inspired sleepover was hilarious!  He was a 7-year-old lighting guy.

I wondered about how the person with the camera just happened to be in the right place at the right time to catch Pedro as he was driving by/stuck at the light.  The guy seemed to be ready with the camera, and was zoomed in and focused.  It didn't look like he was behaving in a sort of "Oh look, it's Pedro Pascal!  Let me get this on camera now!!" sort of way.  He seemed prepared -- because, realistically, although there are very busy streets and there is lots of traffic out here in L.A., if this guy had been trying to zoom in and focus and get situated right after spotting Pedro, Pedro could have driven away in the time it would have taken the guy to get ready.

So that makes me think that the guy with the camera was already there, staked out, looking for who knows what.  It could have been a situation in which someone tipped the guy off.  That happens a lot -- if a celebrity goes to a restaurant, for example, another customer or even an employee might phone in a tip to TMZ or whoever and say "Miley Cyrus is here at the such-and-such restaurant, in case you want to send someone over."  And because it is a meal, they know that it would allow enough time for a photographer to get there.

There are also situations in which photographers regularly go to places such as shopping malls, where celebrities are known to show up on a regular basis, and the photographers might try to hide their large cameras in strollers or try to look inconspicuous as they wait for any celebrities to pass by on their way to shopping.  They don't know who will show up, but if it's a place where actors and singers are regularly spotted, they know it's almost guaranteed they will see someone there during the day and they literally just wait all day until they do.  I have even seen a couple of the photographers posing as dads with strollers!  It's quite funny, although very unsettling.

In the case of this candid Pedro-in-the-car video, for the photographer/videographer to catch him at exactly the right time and get him in focus and all of that, within seconds, before Pedro drove away, I think that Pedro might have possibly been spotted earlier, before that moment, going into some sort of business (restaurant/store/gas station/book shop/salon/whatever).  I think that if someone saw him entering an establishment, they could have called in a tip and said "Pedro Pascal is here," and then the camera guy had time to drive over and stake out a spot as he waited for Pedro to exit, get in his car and leave.   Either that, or the camera guy was already staked out in that spot because it was a place where celebrities are known to show up anyway, as I mentioned earlier, and he could have been waiting to see anyone even remotely recognizable -- then spotted Pedro getting in the car.

I'd be more understanding if a giddy fan happened to suddenly, unexpectedly, see Pedro, and, in the moment, just took a candid photo or a candid video because she/he was caught off guard, acting impulsively and not thinking it through.  But since I feel that this Pedro video was a result of a stakeout -- someone either waiting specifically for him to appear, or waiting for any random celebrity to appear -- it seems creepy and inappropriate, especially if it is going to make money for someone.

• Love 1

I finally got to watch the WW video, and he was adorable, as usual. Seemed like they had a ton of fun on set while filming. I'm sure we'll be getting a lot more interviews in the coming months!

I think a lot of paparazzi in LA just stake out a specific corner or spot, and sit there all day, waiting for a celeb to go by.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I finally got to watch the WW video, and he was adorable, as usual. Seemed like they had a ton of fun on set while filming. I'm sure we'll be getting a lot more interviews in the coming months!

I think a lot of paparazzi in LA just stake out a specific corner or spot, and sit there all day, waiting for a celeb to go by.

In many cases, yes, but, as I mentioned above, there is sometimes a bit more to it than that.  (I live in the area.)  They will sit inside or outside of specific places that are known to be frequented by celebrities and wait for as long as they can -- particular restaurants, for example.  But they also get tips all the time, when a celebrity is spotted somewhere less obvious (like the DMV, or a medical building, or a park).  The photographers are not hanging out around grocery stores all day, but they catch people exiting the stores with bags in hand because they get tipped off that the people are shopping there.  So if there is already a photographer who is kind of in the neighborhood where a celebrity has just been spotted shopping and they get a tip, then they can hurriedly zoom over to catch that person as he or she exits the random Whole Foods somewhere.  lol

In the case of this Pedro sighting, it seems like he must have been exiting a place where a photographer was already watching out for any famous people and he just happened to see Pedro exiting, or someone spotted Pedro going into a business or building of some sort and had time to phone/text/email in a tip while he was inside, and then a photographer quickly drove over before Pedro came out.  Or a non-professional photographer captured the video and then sold it to Getty Images.

Either way, whichever scenario applies, it is stalker-ish and creepy!

• Love 1

I posted somewhere earlier in this thread (or was it the Media thread?) about the rumor of Pedro Pascal being on a short list of actors being considered for the lead role in Moon Knight (a Marvel series coming to Disney+ at some point within the next couple of years).  Since that rumor, there have been a few other names tossed around for the lead actor as well. 

Just to be clear, I don't think that Pedro is the one who will end up in the lead role.  His name was probably just one of many rumored contenders.  Perhaps he was being considered at one time and that's where the rumor came from, and then he could have been ruled out for some reason.

But following up on that whole Moon Knight subject, just in case, for some wild reason, Pedro ends up involved in the series...

The casting for Moon Knight is still being kept a closely-guarded secret, IF it's even been fully determined.  It was rumored to be filming in August, and now it seems the filming has been pushed to November -- in Atlanta (I think it was originally rumored to be filming in Europe).  https://www.cbr.com/moon-knight-filming-date-location-revealed/

If Season 3 of The Mandalorian keeps the same general filming schedule that Season 1 & 2 had, then it would be in production in November.  Now, of course, we don't know when Season 3 will film.  Maybe that will be revealed at one of the upcoming events where there is Mandalorian coverage.  (The only thing we know about Season 3 and beyond is that Bob Iger said they were going to possibly infuse more characters into the show and take them in their own direction in terms of series.)

Even if Pedro were doing mostly voice work for Mando and not physically required to appear on camera very often, it seems like it would be tough to juggle working on both Moon Knight and The Mandalorian at the same time -- just a lot to take on at once.  But if Mandalorian, Season 3 were not filming at the usual time of year, then who knows?

But, again, I am not inclined to think that Pedro is the one who will star in Moon Knight.  It will probably be someone else.  It seems that Pedro's name was only tossed around for a minute and then other names replaced him soon after.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Even if Pedro were doing mostly voice work for Mando and not physically required to appear on camera very often, it seems like it would be tough to juggle working on both Moon Knight and The Mandalorian at the same time

image.png.89421fa622cfa73c69ccb57ea8de2546.png With this costume, it would be 90% voice work for both shows...

Edited by paigow
  • Love 2

There is a video going around on Instagram, taken by one of his friends this past Friday, of Pedro Pascal in a CVS Pharmacy in L.A.  Another part of the video involves Pedro and his friend presumably driving to or from the CVS, and, as they're driving (in his car), his friend is teasing him about how many messages and calls he has accumulated and presumably neglected, although he denies neglecting them and blames the large number of messages and calls on not knowing how to erase anything.  (I am 100% certain that pezgirl7 has seen these videos, but I'm mentioning it here in case anyone else didn't see it.  I first saw the driving/CVS video on the Instagram page known as "pedropascalfanaccount.")

Based on what I saw of the CVS they were in, and the street on which Pedro was driving, it appears that they were basically in the same general neck of the woods where I am, roughly about 2-3 miles away.   I've been in that CVS.  I know the cross streets they were passing.

I've seen countless famous, infamous and barely-famous people in L.A., doing everyday things in everyday places.  BUT... I usually do not see anyone who I am personally a big fan of -- like one of my own favorite actors or singers.  Whenever I see someone well-known now, I usually just quietly observe from afar, and then I get paranoid about being caught watching, and so I stop and walk away.  🤣  I never approach them because I am either not that interested in them, or I know they usually just want to be left alone.  If I were to approach anyone, however, I know that I'd have a super-short window of opportunity in which to act on it, and I'd have to think fast.

I honestly don't know what I would do or say -- if anything -- if I saw Pedro during the course of a regular day or night in L.A., just out running errands or getting food or whatever.  It sounds like something that could feasibly happen, though.  Pedro has been spotted out and about in L.A. on multiple occasions over the last several years, and quite a few times he was in this approximate area of the city.  He probably lives somewhere around here whenever he is in town.  If he is visiting the local CVS, he could pop up anywhere as long as he is in L.A.  Every time I leave the house now, I will be on the lookout! 🤣

• Love 3

Pedro Pascal is one of the people who shows up to semi-sing "Imagine" in this video that Gal Gadot shared.  Some of the funny people are still trying to be funny.  Some of the other people are showing off their impressive vocal talents (I was surprised by a few of them).  And some of them are showing that they are not comfortable singing at all! 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

One positive thing to come out of this COVID-19 mess -- if there is a positive thing -- is that Pedro Pascal seems to be posting on Twitter more now than he had been recently (I guess because he has been stuck at home, as we all are).  People were always teasing him about only tweeting links to his Instagram posts, but he has actually been tweeting some separate things that he hasn't put on Instagram.

Pedro retweeted this today -- and this artwork (by Chantal) is so cute! 

Edited by TVFan17
(edited)

Just in case you want to see/record a young Pedro in his Touched by an Angel episode from 20 years ago, it is airing on the Hallmark Drama Channel (which is different from the regular Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel) very early on Thursday, May 28th -- at 5 A.M.!

https://www.hallmarkdrama.com/schedule?mode=&day=2&week=0&tz=PST

The TBAA episode is called "Stealing Hope."  Pedro plays a mechanic who is also a poet lacking faith in himself, and he is from a troubled home (although his mom and brother love him).  It's actually kind of sad, but, as expected, the angels share wisdom and words of encouragement and there is a happy ending for Pedro's character and his family.

I accidentally stumbled upon Stealing Hope on Hallmark Drama about 3 or 4 months ago, and was waiting for it to circle back around on the channel so I could record it.  I then watched it on YouTube, but the video is just so-so quality -- homemade as opposed to being an official copy released by the distributor or production company -- and you can never count on those kinds of YouTube videos being there forever.  Sometimes they disappear out of nowhere.  But if you want to see the YouTube video, I think it's still there.

If you do not have the Hallmark Drama channel via your regular provider and want to watch or record the episode that way, never fear -- you can sign up for a totally free trial of a streaming service such as Frndly TV, Philo or Sling TV -- and they each offer cloud DVRs too (you can include that option as part of your trial).  All of those services have Hallmark Drama, and you can easily cancel at the end of the trial (I've done it myself in the past).

I would guess that the episode probably won't air on Hallmark Drama again until maybe September, assuming they stick with the same rotation and sequence of repeats.  But that's not even guaranteed, as Hallmark changes the schedules on their channels quite often.

Edited by TVFan17
(edited)
6 hours ago, paigow said:

Pedro will be competing against himself. Wonder Woman 1984 release date now Oct 2.

I was just saying to someone on Twitter yesterday that Pedro is going to have a busy October, between the premiere of WW 1984, the premiere of Season 2 of Mando, and the beginning of production on Season 3 of Mando. 

Not only that, but he will have to end up doing press and media to promote Season 2 of Mando, as well as to promote WW 1984 (although some of the WW media might take place in September). 

And then there is the virtual Comic-Con event in July (which will inevitably include some sort of Mandalorian panel), and whatever happens with Star Wars Celebration in August (whether it goes to a virtual format or it takes place in person) will 100% include a lot of Mandalorian -- panels, trailers, etc. -- because that is the biggest thing in the Star Wars universe this year, for the most part.  None of the other Star Wars series have even begun filming, and there is no new SW movie this year.  So Mando should be a huge focus of Celebration, in whatever format it takes.

Today's big Pedro Pascal news seems to be that he is getting his hair cut. He let it grow out during the quarantine, but now people here in L.A. can actually get their hair cut again.  He was wearing his mask.  The hair didn't look any shorter in the photos I saw on social media, though.  Those pictures must have been pre-haircut!  lol

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
(edited)

Pedro and Erin ventured out on what looks like a hike today, or they took a trip somewhere.  I can't tell where they are.  Maybe at the beach?  She posted a photo (on Instagram) that Pedro took of her, but I have not yet seen a photo of him from the same location.  I am curious to see his haircut and how short it is!

It's funny because a couple of people in the comments next to the picture that Erin posted seem to be confused that she tagged Pedro and credited him as the photographer.  I guess they don't realize that she and Pedro are close -- maybe they have not seen any of the other photos and videos of them together?

If I wasn't already aware that Pedro spends time with a lot of close friends (because of the photos that pop up on social media), I might have jumped to the conclusion that he and Erin were dating.  And yet, I see someone in the comments on Erin's page saying that they are just friends, and she is like Pedro's little sister, etc. (I'm not sure how this random person on Instagram seems to know the exact nature of their relationship). 

But, if he and the lovely Erin are not dating, then I wonder why Pedro doesn't seem to have a special someone, or a significant other.   If he does have someone in his life, romantically, then they are really staying out of the spotlight or he is keeping it a secret (which would be great if they could pull it off).   But Pedro is a great catch!  He would have no problem finding a partner or a spouse and settling down to start a family, if that's what he wanted.  So I have to imagine that he has not wanted that kind of thing yet, because he could easily have it!   I suppose he is more unconventional than traditional in many ways.

Edited by TVFan17
(edited)

I was going to mention this yesterday, but I wasn't sure if Pedro would definitely be participating in it -- even though I know that DC FanDome will involve panel discussions and virtual cast appearances for different projects, including Wonder Woman 1984.

"Wonder Woman 1984, Lucifer, 'Snyder Cut,' more set for huge virtual DC event"

So this means that DC most likely opted to not take part in Comic-Con's own virtual event in July, because they are instead having their own in August -- which is very smart.  (If only Star Wars Celebration could learn from this and have their own virtual event too -- because if there is no Mandalorian content at the virtual Comic-Con in July, and if Celebration doesn't have its own virtual thing, then I am going to think that someone really dropped the ball somewhere and is not realizing how popular The Mandalorian is!)

Pedro posted this today, so I am assuming he will be part of the cast panel discussion for WW84.  DC FanDome takes place -- virtually -- on August 22nd at 10 AM.   (All the content will only be available for 24 hours, so don't miss it.)

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Glancing over this thread (and using ctl+f) I don't see a mention for the movie Prospect.  It's a sparse, low budget, gritty little piece of sci-fi with a touch of western.  I watched it on Hulu recently.  I think it's a decent option for those who like sci-fi B-movies. 

• Love 3
On 6/14/2020 at 11:57 PM, TVFan17 said:

Pedro and Erin ventured out on what looks like a hike today, or they took a trip somewhere.  I can't tell where they are.  Maybe at the beach?  She posted a photo (on Instagram) that Pedro took of her, but I have not yet seen a photo of him from the same location.  I am curious to see his haircut and how short it is!

It's funny because a couple of people in the comments next to the picture that Erin posted seem to be confused that she tagged Pedro and credited him as the photographer.  I guess they don't realize that she and Pedro are close -- maybe they have not seen any of the other photos and videos of them together?

If I wasn't already aware that Pedro spends time with a lot of close friends (because of the photos that pop up on social media), I might have jumped to the conclusion that he and Erin were dating.  And yet, I see someone in the comments on Erin's page saying that they are just friends, and she is like Pedro's little sister, etc. (I'm not sure how this random person on Instagram seems to know the exact nature of their relationship). 

But, if he and the lovely Erin are not dating, then I wonder why Pedro doesn't seem to have a special someone, or a significant other.   If he does have someone in his life, romantically, then they are really staying out of the spotlight or he is keeping it a secret (which would be great if they could pull it off).   But Pedro is a great catch!  He would have no problem finding a partner or a spouse and settling down to start a family, if that's what he wanted.  So I have to imagine that he has not wanted that kind of thing yet, because he could easily have it!   I suppose he is more unconventional than traditional in many ways.

I think those two are very much together. They seem to do a lot of things alone. She or Jamie Ray Newman posted a video in April that they deleted. It looked like Erin and Pedro were visiting Jamie and they were seated closely together and maybe they’d gone to her place together. It didn’t seem like they were socially distancing. I think what we saw from the Sag awards was intentional. The way the intentionally kept their distance despite attending it together. Idk I think it’s much more than a friendship. I think they are very careful and secretive about their relationship. He seems very weird about posting anything about her but he seems to spend a lot of time with her. Maybe it’s the age gap. I think he might be worried about how it’ll be perceived. Or maybe he doesn’t want to draw any attention to his relationship. I think they travelled to England together in 2016. She seems to be dropping a lot of hints. I think she wants to let people. She posted that photo at the sag, the video of them together during the lockdown period, this hike photo. I find it hard to believe he was quarantining alone. Maybe we’ll hear about an engagement soon. Either way she is so very lucky. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Gliese said:

I think those two are very much together. They seem to do a lot of things alone. She or Jamie Ray Newman posted a video in April that they deleted. It looked like Erin and Pedro were visiting Jamie and they were seated closely together and maybe they’d gone to her place together. It didn’t seem like they were socially distancing. I think what we saw from the Sag awards was intentional. The way the intentionally kept their distance despite attending it together. Idk I think it’s much more than a friendship. I think they are very careful and secretive about their relationship. He seems very weird about posting anything about her but he seems to spend a lot of time with her. Maybe it’s the age gap. I think he might be worried about how it’ll be perceived. Or maybe he doesn’t want to draw any attention to his relationship. I think they travelled to England together in 2016. She seems to be dropping a lot of hints. I think she wants to let people. She posted that photo at the sag, the video of them together during the lockdown period, this hike photo. I find it hard to believe he was quarantining alone. Maybe we’ll hear about an engagement soon. Either way she is so very lucky. 

This is so strange -- I checked this forum last night and earlier today (a few times) and saw no signs of new activity in this thread at all.  Your comment was not showing up for me at all -- it was like it didn't exist.  And now I check again and not only is your comment suddenly here, but it looks as though you posted it 14 hours ago, meaning it should have shown up the last few times I checked!  So weird.

Anyway, yes, I agree.  I think that Pedro and Erin probably started out as friends years ago because they knew each other from working on the same project.  And maybe they each dated other people along the way.   But I would not be at all shocked if their friendship blossomed into something more.   I don't think Erin is dating anyone else?  If she is, she has kept it under wraps.  Pedro seems to keep his private life very private, and even when cameras used to catch him walking down the street arm and arm with someone his fans passed it off as "They're just good friends."   I think that Lena Headey is the only one that anyone believed he dated.  At some point, one of these "just friends" is going to be more than a friend.  

I saw the video (and pictures) you mentioned, from JRN's house.  I think it might have been a very small gathering/party?  I also remember seeing a couple of photos of Erin standing and sitting alone outside a restaurant here in L.A. that Pedro seems to love.   I think the pictures were from May.  I am guessing that she was either picking up food, possibly waiting for it to be ready, and bringing it to him -- OR he was inside the restaurant, waiting for the order to be bagged up to-go, and she was waiting on him.  Either way... suspicious!  lol

I kind of like that Pedro has done a good job of keeping his love life largely out of the public eye -- even though I don't think anyone believes that he has been alone all during quarantine.  But Erin is beautiful, well-spoken and she is on a hit series.  Pedro is a catch and is on a hit series (not to mention having been on Game of Thrones and Narcos).  They're already close and know each other well.  Yes, there is a significant age difference and that might be something that bothers them, although it's certainly not unusual these days.   I can see how they'd be reluctant to put themselves out there too much, for people to criticize and judge.   But it would be nice if they could be a power couple and freely walk down the street as a couple, or attend future events together, hand in hand (hopefully not looking as awkward as they did on the SAG Awards carpet)!! 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

This is so strange -- I checked this forum last night and earlier today (a few times) and saw no signs of new activity in this thread at all.  Your comment was not showing up for me at all -- it was like it didn't exist.  And now I check again and not only is your comment suddenly here, but it looks as though you posted it 14 hours ago, meaning it should have shown up the last few times I checked!  So weird.

Anyway, yes, I agree.  I think that Pedro and Erin probably started out as friends years ago because they knew each other from working on the same project.  And maybe they each dated other people along the way.   But I would not be at all shocked if their friendship blossomed into something more.   I don't think Erin is dating anyone else?  If she is, she has kept it under wraps.  Pedro seems to keep his private life very private, and even when cameras used to catch him walking down the street arm and arm with someone his fans passed it off as "They're just good friends."   I think that Lena Headey is the only one that anyone believed he dated.  At some point, one of these "just friends" is going to be more than a friend.  

I saw the video (and pictures) you mentioned, from JRN's house.  I think it might have been a very small gathering/party?  I also remember seeing a couple of photos of Erin standing and sitting alone outside a restaurant here in L.A. that Pedro seems to love.   I think the pictures were from May.  I am guessing that she was either picking up food, possibly waiting for it to be ready, and bringing it to him -- OR he was inside the restaurant, waiting for the order to be bagged up to-go, and she was waiting on him.  Either way... suspicious!  lol

I kind of like that Pedro has done a good job of keeping his love life largely out of the public eye -- even though I don't think anyone believes that he has been alone all during quarantine.  But Erin is beautiful, well-spoken and she is on a hit series.  Pedro is a catch and is on a hit series (not to mention having been on Game of Thrones and Narcos).  They're already close and know each other well.  Yes, there is a significant age difference and that might be something that bothers them, although it's certainly not unusual these days.   I can see how they'd be reluctant to put themselves out there too much, for people to criticize and judge.   But it would be nice if they could be a power couple and freely walk down the street as a couple, or attend future events together, hand in hand (hopefully not looking as awkward as they did on the SAG Awards carpet)!! 

I joined this forum when I left that comment lol 🙂The moderators had to approve me so that’s probably why it showed up late.

I noticed that when actors date someone they are very serious or in love with, they are super private, guarded and quite respectful of their SO. No goofy pics etc. Also the interest in him has peaked since his days being seen with Lily Rabe and Lena Headey. I think he was starving at that time for exposure. He wasn’t well known, he didn’t have big budget shows, he was happy to get publicity after treading pavement and struggling for so long. He seemed very open and excited about little things and posting pics of a much simpler life in his early Instagram days. I started following him way back in 2014, so this is just from what I remember. Now his life and his lifestyle seem very different. He doesn’t need exposure anymore, I think he’s had a lot of fun and maybe he’s content with a quieter life and thinking of settling down. But obviously he’s the authority on himself. Who knows. Over on data lounge his fans are convinced that he’s either gay or bi.

I absolutely love Ana de la Reguera, I was hoping maybe those two would end up together, but I think they’re just friends, oh well. If he’s happy. It’s weird I’d been following him on Instagram since GOT and I was mostly indifferent, never watched anything else with him, didn’t have the slightest inclination to. And then during quarantine I fell into a rabbit hole of Pedro shows and movies. In the last 5 months I’ve seen all his shows like Narcos, fell in love with his portrayal of Pena and suddenly became a big fan. I feel silly.

• Love 2

Um... interesting concept!  lol 

"Pedro Pascal in Talks to Join Nicolas Cage in ‘The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent’ (Exclusive)"

Also..

"The Absurd Nicolas Cage Movie Adds Pedro Pascal To Its Cast, Report Says"

This sounds like a very meta type of movie.  Pedro's character is even named Javi -- and wasn't he Javier/Javi on "Narcos"?

The movie is expected to go into production this fall, so... I am guessing that either the Mando Season 3 production will be delayed to 2021 and won't start this year, or they are filming this year but will not need Pedro on the set (maybe no scenes showing Mando's face).   Or Mando is not in Season 3 at all, for some wild reason, which would be bad.  

It sounds like Pedro may have a pretty big role in this Nicolas Cage movie, as opposed to just being a supporting character.  So he could possibly be tied up with the film during most of the Mandalorian shoot, IF the Mando shoot were beginning this fall.   We'll see, I guess.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

I am having such a hard time with the notion that Pedro Pascal had a falling out with the the Mandalorian producers and is a hard to get along with diva and all the other crap certain sections of social media are trying so hard to make us believe.  I know that actors are by contract required to promote their projects.  But I don't think that extends to the kind of Twitter posts Pascal has been daily making.  The man is gleefully and proudly almost boasting about the show and the various Emmy wins of the show.

• Love 3
On 9/23/2020 at 11:14 PM, magdalene said:

I am having such a hard time with the notion that Pedro Pascal had a falling out with the the Mandalorian producers and is a hard to get along with diva and all the other crap certain sections of social media are trying so hard to make us believe.  I know that actors are by contract required to promote their projects.  But I don't think that extends to the kind of Twitter posts Pascal has been daily making.  The man is gleefully and proudly almost boasting about the show and the various Emmy wins of the show.

He’s a professional and as of now he’s a pretty big celebrity. It looks like things have been worked out and everyone’s made peace, at least on the surface. We heard one version, we don’t know the other version. The trailer looks good, I can’t wait. I heard they changed the direction and the story line midway through season 2. They expanded the story to include other characters. Don’t know how much of that is true. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

There's an interview with Pedro in Variety magazine. He talks a bit about The Mandalorian, and Jon Favreau is quoted as well. No mention of any kind of discord on set. 😉

No mention of any discord or tension, and when you read all of his quotes and thoughts about himself, absolutely all of them scream "humble, appreciative, and all-around-nice guy."  I don't believe any of the rumors anymore that there were issues on set.  I mean, who knows, I guess we'll see, but he just seems like the exact opposite of a diva.

• Love 3